cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone!!

Once again its the time of the year that Samsung announces their new Note line up. I am happy to announce that Samsung this afternoon announced the Samsung Galaxy Note 7!. The device seem to have amazing specs! Including memory SD card slot, water resistant and most of all, curved screens on both side for the Note Series and Iris scanner!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Samsung Note 7 Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help:)

3,031 REPLIES 3,031

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

wpd1
I plan to stick around
Wonder if they have figured out all the confusion with imei numbers from the recall. If not, people with replacement phones could be in for some challenging times tomorrow.

biks21
I plan to stick around
I still have both phones, I wonder what Samsung would say if I didn't return the placement after this recall

rDell
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

@wpd1

They will inspect your replacement phone for the green battery icon and return the phone in their POS using the original IMEI of the phone you purchased at launch. You can make it a lot easier for them to process this by taking the original receipt to the store else they will have to look it up in the system and reprint it.

A retail rep went over the return process with me today but I'm not exchanging it until the Pixel XL is released as my reservation is place 31. Retail will know what to do regarding the exchange so it shouldn't be a huge mess.

PS: Information can change but this is the latest update I received regarding the process.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @wpd1

When I called my store, she knew about it and said that they would be able to do it just the head office needs to fix the system to allow it.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @biks21

Sources have said that Samsung will start bricking the remaining Note 7 devices after mid November.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @rDell

You are correct. That is what is as told as well just now from the store. They decided to do it this way as its easier.

germain18_2006
I plan to stick around
Where's the source?

Dx9
I'm a reliable contributor
Yeah when I exchanged my Note 7 for the iPhone this afternoon it took a little bit as they couldn't do it totally on their end. They called into head office and someone did it on their end as pertaining to an email with instructions. They had to go through some steps with the imei etc. Took about 15-20 min total. I was probably the first one to do it lol.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hey guys!
Just got this email from Samsung Canada

" On behalf of our entire Samsung Canada team, we'd like to thank you for your continued understanding as we proceed with the return process for the Samsung Note7. We are committed to helping make your return as easy as possible.

Beginning Thursday, October 13th, Samsung Note7 owners can bring their device to the original Samsung or authorized reseller point of purchase, to:
Exchange towards a Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 edge device.
Receive a refund for the Note7 device and Note7 specific accessories.
As a recalled product, it is mandatory that all Note7 devices must be returned. As such, please power down and bring all Note7 devices including the replacement device and original device if you have not already returned via the pre-paid packaging sent to you.

For customers who purchased their Note7 on Samsung.com, a device refund will be offered upon return receipt of the recalled devices. Samsung Canada will send a separate email to our online customers from Thursday, October 13th to provide them with details regarding the return process.

Please note that the Canada Consumer Product Safety Act prohibits recalled products from being redistributed, sold or even given away in Canada.

For Note7 return inquiries, Canadian customers should contact 1-855-747-6520.

We appreciate your patience during this process, and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience. Thank you for your continued support of Samsung.

Sincerely,

Paul Brannen,
COO, EVP Mobile Solutions
Samsung Canada

"

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Dx9

Yeah that's normal as it starts tomorrow and not today haha. So they had to call head office and do it on their end

Dx9
Yeah I was going to just do the upgrade on my other line for the iPhone 7 and the manager said I just got an email with instructions for the Note 7 return. So instead of going back again tomorrow we did it then. Worked out as I had the box in my car anyways

wpd1
I plan to stick around

Sorry for the inconvenience 

Well, I feel so much better now......

biks21
I plan to stick around
Does the promo credit still apply towards your phone when you exchange it?

Dx9
Yes they told me the $150 I got for my device trade in still goes in my account

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @biks21

Yes it does.

biks21
I plan to stick around
Thank you! P.s they sold the 128gb!!! I'm so mad lol

Dx9
Just get the 256 😉. I don't need it one bit but wanted the phone in Jet Black. Only one JB sitting there.

Guess I'm done with the Note 7 thread now. Good luck everyone in your decisions. Was sad to let the Note 7 go. Maybe next year I'll see what the next Note brings. I def won't buy it right away.

biks21
I plan to stick around
How much is the difference for you to pay if you don't mind me asking?

Dx9
The difference from Note 7 to iPhone 7 Plus 256GB?

robx7fcna
I plan to stick around
Dang. What to do... what to do...

Tough decision but i think I am going to buck up and get the Google pixel xl 128gb.

I just stopped by my Rogers plus store where I bought my note 7 and they said I can't reserve the pixel until I refund my phone.

How are you guys going about this? Unlike some of you, I don't have another phone and I need to have a phone for my job.

I would like to be a part of the preorder to get the special offers but maybe I just have to wait it out until it is in the store and pick one up.

biks21
I plan to stick around
Yeah! Price difference you had to pay