Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

The IPhone 7 is definitely the best stop gap solution because of the resale value but going to Apple ecosystem is to difficult for me to adjust. The S7 Edge is a complete rip off with no additional subsidy but closest to Note 7 and even that they are not that close. LG V20 who knows when that will be available and it is less feature packed and Pixel XL is way too expensive to justify as a stop gap. Seriously if this debacle happened with an Edge I would more than happy to upgrade to Note 7. The Note 7 is just too good and new gen phones are less than a year away so it is all about patience now.

I also think with this debacle competitors will see next year as an opportunity to supplant Samsung and their dominance. Next year phones will be exciting.
I Plan to Stick Around

Do an upgrade on another line, return it tomorrow and put it on your number when you refund the note 7!
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @biks21

I called back and the other rep said she would put it on hold but they only had 2 and they are told by head office that they can not out them on hold. But due to my situation she will try too
I Plan to Stick Around

Honestly, I think you'll get it just because most people don't want to pay $$$ for the 7+, good luck anyways!
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @biks21

Most that haven't received the iPhone are on a corporation or business plans which the stores can't handle and also the that model is $800 lol
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@biks21. Good idea. I have one waiting for me at the store and will do it on my wife's line.

Thing is in my situation is the iPhone 7 Plus 256Gb is that is has hefty price tag on it. I sold my iPhone 6S plus and Apple watch (gift) for an good chunk of cash last month and the money is still stashed away. Now they still need to apply the $150 device trade in still from the Note and I also have another $120 credit and $20 activation fee waived because of some issues last month with them on a bill coming on my next bill.

So if I go the iPhone way after the entire offset of price with my money and early upgrade and credits I'm still up $420. If I go the S7 edge way I'm up $1000. Either way I'm not out of pocket any extra just have to justify a $600 difference for a phone when it comes down to it.
I Plan to Stick Around

I agree that the iphone is the only option for resale value.  I could have gotten a S7 for $650 on kijiji.  What will that be worth when I sell it 6-12 months from now?  Not to mention it is ridiculous to pay $1000 for a 6 month old S7 with Samsung/Carrier.  I got the 32GB as it was all that I could get my hands on and it was cheaper (plus it is just to fill the gap - until I can set an S8 or Note 8).   I am a little concerned about resale - people won't want 32GB.  Should I return it for the 128GB? 

I Plan to Stick Around

Exactly! The store near me has a 128 silver and 256 JB. I want the JB, and doing the math, with the note 7 return and promo credit, I'll have to pay $121. Doesn't seem like a lot but then again, why pay more for just a color? I'm bad that way haha
I Plan to Stick Around

I can't find anything but rose good in the 7 plus
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I would go for an iPhone 7 Plus as a replacement... but then Rogers employees can't get the phone right now as we are giving priority to customers. Unless I walk in and find one and the reps allow me to do the exchange.

Can't believe I need to let my Note 7 go. Such an amazing phone lol