cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone!!

Once again its the time of the year that Samsung announces their new Note line up. I am happy to announce that Samsung this afternoon announced the Samsung Galaxy Note 7!. The device seem to have amazing specs! Including memory SD card slot, water resistant and most of all, curved screens on both side for the Note Series and Iris scanner!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Samsung Note 7 Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help:)

3,031 REPLIES 3,031

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

comcry
I plan to stick around

I agree that the iphone is the only option for resale value.  I could have gotten a S7 for $650 on kijiji.  What will that be worth when I sell it 6-12 months from now?  Not to mention it is ridiculous to pay $1000 for a 6 month old S7 with Samsung/Carrier.  I got the 32GB as it was all that I could get my hands on and it was cheaper (plus it is just to fill the gap - until I can set an S8 or Note 8).   I am a little concerned about resale - people won't want 32GB.  Should I return it for the 128GB? 

biks21
I plan to stick around
Exactly! The store near me has a 128 silver and 256 JB. I want the JB, and doing the math, with the note 7 return and promo credit, I'll have to pay $121. Doesn't seem like a lot but then again, why pay more for just a color? I'm bad that way haha

Japetto
I plan to stick around
I can't find anything but rose good in the 7 plus

dandan1
I've been here awhile

I would go for an iPhone 7 Plus as a replacement... but then Rogers employees can't get the phone right now as we are giving priority to customers. Unless I walk in and find one and the reps allow me to do the exchange.

Can't believe I need to let my Note 7 go. Such an amazing phone lol

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @dandan1

Well if stores have them in stock then you can go ahead and do the exchange.

Just wanted to point something out.. The store will return the Note 7 back and then do a upgrade again. So ur old upgrade fee ( whatever it was) will be brought back as well and redo.

JoshuaAustin
I plan to stick around
I may have to call Rogers for clarification...

I had better not be having to pay an additional $35 or so for the upgrade fee when I activate my new phone later this month or next month (when they have the Pixel devices in).

I can see this is going to destroy my Rogers bill for the next 3 months again... I hope I'm wrong.

When I talked with someone, they told me there was *no* $150 consideration from Rogers as the error was on the manufacturer's end, not Rogers.

G_Money
I plan to stick around

Am I the only one planning on getting the Pixel XL? I haven't seen anyone mention their plan on getting it.

I wish there was pre-order thread on that one. If I want to order the phone from Rogers and pre-pay, it's saying that there's a 3-4 week wait on shipping, but my reservation number is around 115. I expect there will be a lot more than 115 Pixel XLs in black sent to Rogers, but maybe I'm wrong.

No one's talking about getting the Pixel XL because they aren't willing to wait a month with a potential explosion to exchange their Note 7.

Bieta
I've been here awhile
The pixel xl is going to be relased on the 20th so you dont need to wait a month

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @G_Money

There is a thread. Look on the Android folder and it's there.

Also many aren't going to wait until the 20th to get it unless they do a refund and then go get it. But most may not want it.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @zerojay

Its not a month... The device is coming out in 9 days.

Dx9
I'm a reliable contributor
Rogers can now do refunds/exchanges. Just did mine at the Rogers Store and got the 7 Plus 256GB Jet Black 😀

germain18_2006
I plan to stick around
So sad all of a sudden is the resale value that matters. Nobody cares about the iPhone 6&7's explosion anymore. Those who complaint about putting an unsafe phone at home endangered their wife & kids now are getting the Iphone 7 which also reported explosion. And they are safe because the resale value is high. Give me a break.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Dx9

Very nice! I am have mine in hold until tomorrow due to work

JoshuaAustin
I plan to stick around
There is a Pixel pre order thread already, just like this thread.

I will be getting a refund for my Note 7 and waiting.

I'm hoping it's not too long but my Note 5 will suffice for the time being.

johnx65
I plan to stick around

can i keep the charger, cables and headphones when i exchange it, or do i need to give them back as well?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @germain18_2006

To each their own. Everyone is different and honestly only 4 reports I believe happened and 1 of the was found to be fake. The other ones it's still in questioning. The problem is that all electronics can do this no matter what device u get. So it could happen on the V20 as well when it finally comes. Just because people want the iPhone, don't out them down and throw that in their face. Comon now. Let them do what they want.. Again i am doing it due to having the S7edge before and rather switch it up. Does that make me bad? No not really because i looked into it and wanted the iPhone.

zerojay
I'm here a lot

Did you get this mythical $150 off that Meowmix was claiming earlier in the thread?

Aaaaand this forum doesn't show you who you are replying to. 🙂

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @zerojay

If you have read the thread, you will see i corrected my self this morning actually and said what a manager told me this morning and what the $150 was actually about. The persons last night got mixed up with another promotion which was about the Note 7 if u get it. So they got mixed up and brought it forward. Unfortunately it's not a $150 credit towards the other device u get now. I got it honoured because of the mistake.

Also yes it does. If you press " Reply" and go into the section, press " Reply with quote" to the post you want to reply too, it will reply to that person

hdresden
I plan to stick around
I preordered the pixel as well. I thought about a nexus last year but the average cameras turned me off. I'm taking Google and dxomark on their word that it's the "best" camera ever. If it's at least on par with n iPhone or note 7 camera I'll be happy.

Im going in tommorow after work and see if my local Rogers knows what's going on, honestly I'm preparing myself for some blank looks and buck passing. I won't accept anything but a refund andill purchase my pixel from whoever had it available first. I'm on the Rogers and Google waiting lists.

I've wanted to try a pure Google phone for a while. Carriers are terrible at rolling up updates.