Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

what do you mean when you say:

The $150 promo is only if u get a Note 7 from August 19 and on

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @johnx65

The first promo was $200 trade in credit. Then they changed it to $150 trade in credit a day after the launch. This is what i was told and also remember seeing.
I Plan to Stick Around

I got the note 7 on the 19th. There was not a$150 promo and has not been one since. Just the promo memory card from Rogers and the Samsung watch our speaker. There was a trade in $200 promo but no outright $150 credit.
Rogers Employee rDell
Rogers Employee

@wpd1

The trade in credit is what they are talking about.

Trade in an old phone for $150 (from Samsung) + actual trade in amount determined by model.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @wpd1

Please read what i said above and what rDell said. .. It's a trade in promo that was set after the $200 one. So the $200 trade in promo we got but they brought it down to $150 after.
I Plan to Stick Around

Ok @rDell, what trade in credit do we get for the Note 7?
I Plan to Stick Around

Just read an interesting article thought I share:

https://www.google.ca/amp/bgr.com/2016/10/12/galaxy-note-7-battery-explosions/amp/?client=ms-android...

Apparently Samsung still can't replicate the issue in their labs which is troubling.

Still waiting to hear back about the $150 but honestly Rogers does not deserve to take the hit for this debacle by Samsung.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @wpd1

You don't.. There is no promo at this time for that unless u trade in another phone and they only give u the value of that one.
I Plan to Stick Around

Agreed. People are very harsh to Samsung but funny saying they'll go for iPhone 7 which also reported an explosion but easy on Apple saying it just an individual incident. They are so angry that Samsung phone made them unsafe but all saying will go for another potential unsafed phone, I just don't get it.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @germain18_2006

There is no alternative. S7edge? I got that already. Lg V20? No interested to me. G4? Battery is worse in this then any phone i owned.

So I'm reality u have the iPhone. To each their own. The iPhone 7 fire problem isn't as bad as the Note 7 one and never went through all the issues and recalls Samsung did over 5 devices or so.