Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Hello @Mrnovanova

To each their own. Whatever they want to get, let them. I for one will go for the iPhone 7 Plus. Why? Because I have already owned the S7 edge and really am not interested in the LG V20. The S7 edge is a great device but again since I have owned it before, I rather exchange it to another device I haven't owned and want to try out. Everyone thinks differently and does things differently.
I Plan to Stick Around

I've asked Rogers through community helps if I can get the $150 credit. Waiting for a reply. Had anyone else received confirmation of this credit, other than @Meowmix
I Plan to Stick Around

@Dx9 Yes you are correct. I do have an iPhone 7. My job requires me to be well versed in both ios and Android so I always have the latest iPhone for a month or so. The iPhone is not to replace the note 7. I just got it to swap with a pixel xl when they come out. I'll be replacing my note 7 with an s7 edge. Once it gets updated to Nougat with Grace on board it'll be like a brand new device. All I'm saying is a lot of people are being very harsh. We are talking about a new scenario with no precedent. Imagine if this had happened to Oneplus, HTC or LG would it have been easier? I doubt it. The only company who could have handled it better is Apple but then again would Apple have undertaken such a massive recall?
I Plan to Stick Around

I hear you @Meowmix. I too had the S7 edge and I totally get why people would not want to go back to it. I just don't see the IPhone as a valid alternative is all. I guess it's the best option for tiding you over until the s8 since you can literally sell it for the same price in 5 months. That to me is the only solid reason to get the iPhone 7 plus. Resale value.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Mrnovanova

Thats what I usually do anyways. Plus I like new devices. As much as the Note 7 was a godlike device, the onky other device is the S7 and iPhone 7.
I Plan to Stick Around

For me it is a matter of holding a company accountable. Samsung said they will show unprecedented actions to earn our trust back yet we ended up with a 2nd recall. They say consumer safety is paramount yet reports are now coming out that the top brass at Samsung mobile wanted to attributed the first fires to a statistical blip and not do a recall. Then there is the text to the man in Kentucky which they have not denied. No one is saying other companies would do have done better during this situation after all look at Ford it took 26 deaths before they recalled the Pinto but for years we have heard black and white between Apple and Samsung yet at the end of the day what is really the difference? If consumers don't voice their opinion these large companies will do as they please. If the top brass at Samsung came out with an apology and be transparent about what the issue is and gave some sort of token appreciation especially to consumers that went through two recalls and are now left with inferior alternatives that would have meant more. You would think that they want to retain custome loyalty.
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Rogers live chat says it shows nothing about a $150 credit at this time
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I will try to see if our Corp rep knows about the $150.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @phonefan

They see it as since the second recall is happening and we will get another device, no point of a token of appreciation. They rather just us move on which we will.

@Mrnovanova

Remember Samsung Canada has done nothing to help us out. No word on what the cause is, they didn't help or take any a questions they had and never answered them, people received replacement units without any identification it was a replacement unit. Just ask @wpd1. Also seen this on AC and on AA that many received so called replacements yet they are the older models ( no black square, no green battery indication).

So that's why people are moving on to a company that they want. They lost faith and trust.

You have a Samsung thay rushed to release the phone because of the iPhone, then rushed the first recall because they so called thought it was the battery, yet it wasn't. The in a leaked conversation you find our that the head of Samsung did not want the recall putting the risk in millions but they did it as lawsuits would have piled up.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Dx9

Hmm very weird. Try calling in and see. Again unless the agents was wrong, they both told me that they seen it on a email. Now unless because it hasn't been announced or they lied and just said it.