cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone!!

Once again its the time of the year that Samsung announces their new Note line up. I am happy to announce that Samsung this afternoon announced the Samsung Galaxy Note 7!. The device seem to have amazing specs! Including memory SD card slot, water resistant and most of all, curved screens on both side for the Note Series and Iris scanner!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Samsung Note 7 Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help:)

3,031 REPLIES 3,031

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Mrnovanova

Thats what I usually do anyways. Plus I like new devices. As much as the Note 7 was a godlike device, the onky other device is the S7 and iPhone 7.

phonefan
I plan to stick around
For me it is a matter of holding a company accountable. Samsung said they will show unprecedented actions to earn our trust back yet we ended up with a 2nd recall. They say consumer safety is paramount yet reports are now coming out that the top brass at Samsung mobile wanted to attributed the first fires to a statistical blip and not do a recall. Then there is the text to the man in Kentucky which they have not denied. No one is saying other companies would do have done better during this situation after all look at Ford it took 26 deaths before they recalled the Pinto but for years we have heard black and white between Apple and Samsung yet at the end of the day what is really the difference? If consumers don't voice their opinion these large companies will do as they please. If the top brass at Samsung came out with an apology and be transparent about what the issue is and gave some sort of token appreciation especially to consumers that went through two recalls and are now left with inferior alternatives that would have meant more. You would think that they want to retain custome loyalty.

Dx9
I'm a reliable contributor
Rogers live chat says it shows nothing about a $150 credit at this time

phonefan
I plan to stick around
I will try to see if our Corp rep knows about the $150.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @phonefan

They see it as since the second recall is happening and we will get another device, no point of a token of appreciation. They rather just us move on which we will.

@Mrnovanova

Remember Samsung Canada has done nothing to help us out. No word on what the cause is, they didn't help or take any a questions they had and never answered them, people received replacement units without any identification it was a replacement unit. Just ask @wpd1. Also seen this on AC and on AA that many received so called replacements yet they are the older models ( no black square, no green battery indication).

So that's why people are moving on to a company that they want. They lost faith and trust.

You have a Samsung thay rushed to release the phone because of the iPhone, then rushed the first recall because they so called thought it was the battery, yet it wasn't. The in a leaked conversation you find our that the head of Samsung did not want the recall putting the risk in millions but they did it as lawsuits would have piled up.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Dx9

Hmm very weird. Try calling in and see. Again unless the agents was wrong, they both told me that they seen it on a email. Now unless because it hasn't been announced or they lied and just said it.

Prospect
I plan to stick around
S7E resale is really crummy now. Kijiji offering 750 max for a new and sealed one.

What's the point of 'upgrading' to S7E now? The March deal with free VR, microSD and trade in deal to get the phone at 199 is no longer here.

If you care about resale, iPhone 7 is the best deal.

Samsung pooped the bed and those loyal to the brand are getting royally screwed.

I imported the official screen protector and the official lens case from Handtec in the UK for the Note 7, since both official accessories aren't carried by Samsung Canada or US.

I'm out 180 for both after conversion and shipping fees and now stuck with coasters for a dead product. And it's official Samsung accessories.

Prospect
I plan to stick around
This is a perfect opportunity for Apple to offer an iOS migration promotion for Samsung Note 7 customers that feel slighted by Samsung is handling this matter.

The right recourse is to offer some sort of hardware upgrade appreciation program for Note 7 users like Rogers did with the 3G, 3GS, and 4.

If you had the 3G from launch day, you could upgrade to the 3GS, at new customer pricing even though you were only one year into a three year contract. They offered the same promo when the 4 came out. It was easy to track who was eligible from Rogers end.

I think Samsung could offer the same deal when the S8 comes out, if customers upgrade to an intermittent device, upgrade them to the S8 at promo price.

Or, offer an S7 accessory package like in March and a steep discount.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Prospect

Yeah that won't happen unfortunately. If that does happen and the ones that exchange their device now and get another one, when the S8 is available won't be able to take the offer unless they check into the past upgrade history and see.

Also i doubt Samsung will ever do that.

Prospect
I plan to stick around
What's the point of upgrading to a S7 Edge at 450 with no incentives right now?

I went from a Priv in January, to the S7E on launch in March, and Note 7 on launch. Prior to that every year I would get the S line on launch amd Note line on launch. Rogers has this upgrade history.

Samsung R&D has hurt consumers. People made an uproar about lightning cable change.

Remember when Samsung went to USB 3 on the Note 4? Note 5 they ditched the microSD, and on the S6 line.

I bought the 128GB S6E last year too. Resale on that is also crummy.

Even though I have felt slighted by Samsung over time, I have been loyal. However this Note 7 fiasco made be last straw.

Mrnovanova
I plan to stick around
@phonefan Good point. Accountability is a thing indeed. 😊

Mrnovanova
I plan to stick around
Reading all of your feedback paints a dire picture indeed. Going for the iPhone 7 plus might be the right way to tide us over until the s8 comes out, protect our investment and protest all at the same time.

johnx65
I plan to stick around

So..

Samsung is going to give me a less expensive older phone for an exchange on the Note 7.

How is this even a good trade?   The phone is 6 months old, and i notice, unlike other phones, has actually gone up in price instead of down.

I have had to power down my Note 7 twice now, and wait without a phone for days with no communicaiton from either Rogers or Samsung. I need to go online and check 3rd party sites for usefull information.  Where is the incentive to stay with Samsung? If they are really worried about consumer trust and loyalty, then they need to bring something to the table other than an old phone. 

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hey @wpd1 and eveyone else.

So finally a manager called me back and explained what happened. The rep failed to read the article properly and the trade in promo. The $150 promo is only if u get a Note 7 from August 19 and on. So the manager is trying to help me get it as i was told I would.

It seems reps are reading eveything wrong now and days.. Very disappointed.

wpd1
I plan to stick around
The note 7 never had a $150 promo attached to it. What's going on?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @wpd1

It did after the launch date. Then carriers took it down on September 2nd when Samsung did the recall

johnx65
I plan to stick around

what do you mean when you say:

The $150 promo is only if u get a Note 7 from August 19 and on

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @johnx65

The first promo was $200 trade in credit. Then they changed it to $150 trade in credit a day after the launch. This is what i was told and also remember seeing.

wpd1
I plan to stick around
I got the note 7 on the 19th. There was not a$150 promo and has not been one since. Just the promo memory card from Rogers and the Samsung watch our speaker. There was a trade in $200 promo but no outright $150 credit.

rDell
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee
@wpd1

The trade in credit is what they are talking about.

Trade in an old phone for $150 (from Samsung) + actual trade in amount determined by model.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @wpd1

Please read what i said above and what rDell said. .. It's a trade in promo that was set after the $200 one. So the $200 trade in promo we got but they brought it down to $150 after.