cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone!!

Once again its the time of the year that Samsung announces their new Note line up. I am happy to announce that Samsung this afternoon announced the Samsung Galaxy Note 7!. The device seem to have amazing specs! Including memory SD card slot, water resistant and most of all, curved screens on both side for the Note Series and Iris scanner!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Samsung Note 7 Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help:)

3,031 REPLIES 3,031

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

johnx65
I plan to stick around
It's on the front page of samsung Canada's page. Right at the top.

Dx9
I'm a reliable contributor
Yes . It takes you to a link with half the info. You need to click again on the return link to get the full text. At least that's what happening with my Note 7 😊

phonefan
I plan to stick around
Once again Samsung Canada fails. At least in US you get $25 credit so people who have replacements basically get $50 credit. Not great but at least something. I would have hoped Samsung would have have given us with replacement phone something to show appreciation. Some of us spent hours with useless Samsung support over the first recall. Time IS money. I don't count the Gear Fit 2 as an appreciation for this debacle since it was an offer for preordering a now defunct phone. Sorry for the rant but incredibly disappointed. At least I will get a refund. What is the point to exchange to another Samsung product over 6 months old with no incentive? Hopefully the $150 credit from Rogers is true at least they are showing effort to keep customer loyalty.

quangtungnguyen
I've been here awhile

Okay so I'm not seeing any fine print here... If your over the 15 days and 30 min talk time. You'll get a full refund and reversal of contract ? Or will you be forced into another Samsung product. What you guys think?

phonefan
I plan to stick around
It is a full refund no matter how many minutes or days same as first recall. They can't penalize you for using an unsuspecting bomb.

johnx65
I plan to stick around

Full refund

email from North Strategic

Hi John,
Costumers have a choice to either:
-  exchange their Note7 for Galaxy S7 or a Galaxy S7 Edge
- or are entitled to a refund.
Thanks,

quangtungnguyen
I've been here awhile

Awesome. It's too bad I traded in my nexus 6p in and now it's probably in no mans land.

rDell
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

I know how you feel. It's kind of like "Hey thanks for playing but you all lose" kind of situation. It really does destroy trust in a company and loyalty is pretty much going down the drain at this point.

What scares me the most is that every single person who had purchased a Note 7 could have been injured in some way, I understand they are working off the clock to coordinate the recall but at this point where is the apology? I just bought a Samsung TV and now I'm worried it's going to catch fire while I'm away. Smiley Sad

I just don't understand.

quangtungnguyen
I've been here awhile

Great thanks for the info. Just hoping it's as easy as it seems. I don't want to be forced into another Samsung phone. Too bad I traded in the 6p it's probably in no mans land

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @johnx65

Exactly what I said lol.

phonefan
I plan to stick around
Exactly @rDell it is about principles now. The same thing people criticize Apple for I don't really see much a difference here. There is a sense of arrogance that they are so confident people will exchange for another Samsung phone. I hope the Rogers credit is true because that shows something. My company has over 1000 accounts with Rogers albeit only few of us have Note 7 (and none of us will be exchanging for another Samsung phone) so if Rogers gives that credit they will have not lost but gained alot of points for goodwill to us during this disaster from Samsung.

dale2
I plan to stick around
I agree. I just want a easy switch to a iPhone 7 plus and that's it. Also I have a useless wireless charger and two watches that I won't be able to use to there full potential.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @dale2

Agreed. Thankfully I am giving the wireless charger to my gf and 8 have already a lighting cable anyways.

It honestly is sad how we are being treated on this. I agree with everyone when I say, they need to make this up to us and by us exchanging the device isn't it. Something sweet to offer it.

comcry
I plan to stick around
I picked up an iPhone yesterday. Those who are interested just call around. Many stores had just one. If your not set on a color or size you might get lucky.

Dx9
Since I wasn't able to refund the Note 7 at a Rogers Store yesterday I lost out on the iPhone 7 Plus they held for me for the day. Now back to square one and still have to wait till tomorrow to get a refund and get another phone. Even if I can find an iPhone 7 plus again today it doesn't matter since the refund can't be processed till Oct 13. Looks like I might need to settle for a S7 edge

Mrnovanova
I plan to stick around
What's this nonsense I'm hearing about getting the iPhone 7 plus? There are only 2 alternatives to the note 7, the s7 edge and the LG V20. A lot of you guys are upset and I get it. We're all on the same boat. But this recall set a precedent and will possibly set the standard on how it should be handled in the future. I'm sorry but the note 7 was the best phone of 2016 and I'm going for the next best thing and the iPhone 7 plus ain't it.

Dx9
@Mrnovanova,

Thought you mentioned a few pages back you have an iPhone 7?

Yes the Note is the best phone out there but I don't feel the S7 is next. Having the 32GB internal storage is small and having the old TouchWiz on a 6month old phone makes it looks bland. Grace UX update will give it a fresh look but who knows when that's coming. I don't have backup phone to fall back on right now so I would need to make a decision soon.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Mrnovanova

To each their own. Whatever they want to get, let them. I for one will go for the iPhone 7 Plus. Why? Because I have already owned the S7 edge and really am not interested in the LG V20. The S7 edge is a great device but again since I have owned it before, I rather exchange it to another device I haven't owned and want to try out. Everyone thinks differently and does things differently.

wpd1
I plan to stick around
I've asked Rogers through community helps if I can get the $150 credit. Waiting for a reply. Had anyone else received confirmation of this credit, other than @Meowmix

Mrnovanova
I plan to stick around
@Dx9 Yes you are correct. I do have an iPhone 7. My job requires me to be well versed in both ios and Android so I always have the latest iPhone for a month or so. The iPhone is not to replace the note 7. I just got it to swap with a pixel xl when they come out. I'll be replacing my note 7 with an s7 edge. Once it gets updated to Nougat with Grace on board it'll be like a brand new device. All I'm saying is a lot of people are being very harsh. We are talking about a new scenario with no precedent. Imagine if this had happened to Oneplus, HTC or LG would it have been easier? I doubt it. The only company who could have handled it better is Apple but then again would Apple have undertaken such a massive recall?

Mrnovanova
I plan to stick around
I hear you @Meowmix. I too had the S7 edge and I totally get why people would not want to go back to it. I just don't see the IPhone as a valid alternative is all. I guess it's the best option for tiding you over until the s8 since you can literally sell it for the same price in 5 months. That to me is the only solid reason to get the iPhone 7 plus. Resale value.