Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rogers Employee rDell
Rogers Employee

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

I know how you feel. It's kind of like "Hey thanks for playing but you all lose" kind of situation. It really does destroy trust in a company and loyalty is pretty much going down the drain at this point.

What scares me the most is that every single person who had purchased a Note 7 could have been injured in some way, I understand they are working off the clock to coordinate the recall but at this point where is the apology? I just bought a Samsung TV and now I'm worried it's going to catch fire while I'm away. Smiley Sad

I just don't understand.

I've Been Here Awhile

Great thanks for the info. Just hoping it's as easy as it seems. I don't want to be forced into another Samsung phone. Too bad I traded in the 6p it's probably in no mans land

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @johnx65

Exactly what I said lol.
I Plan to Stick Around

Exactly @rDell it is about principles now. The same thing people criticize Apple for I don't really see much a difference here. There is a sense of arrogance that they are so confident people will exchange for another Samsung phone. I hope the Rogers credit is true because that shows something. My company has over 1000 accounts with Rogers albeit only few of us have Note 7 (and none of us will be exchanging for another Samsung phone) so if Rogers gives that credit they will have not lost but gained alot of points for goodwill to us during this disaster from Samsung.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I agree. I just want a easy switch to a iPhone 7 plus and that's it. Also I have a useless wireless charger and two watches that I won't be able to use to there full potential.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @dale2

Agreed. Thankfully I am giving the wireless charger to my gf and 8 have already a lighting cable anyways.

It honestly is sad how we are being treated on this. I agree with everyone when I say, they need to make this up to us and by us exchanging the device isn't it. Something sweet to offer it.
I Plan to Stick Around

I picked up an iPhone yesterday. Those who are interested just call around. Many stores had just one. If your not set on a color or size you might get lucky.
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Since I wasn't able to refund the Note 7 at a Rogers Store yesterday I lost out on the iPhone 7 Plus they held for me for the day. Now back to square one and still have to wait till tomorrow to get a refund and get another phone. Even if I can find an iPhone 7 plus again today it doesn't matter since the refund can't be processed till Oct 13. Looks like I might need to settle for a S7 edge
I Plan to Stick Around

What's this nonsense I'm hearing about getting the iPhone 7 plus? There are only 2 alternatives to the note 7, the s7 edge and the LG V20. A lot of you guys are upset and I get it. We're all on the same boat. But this recall set a precedent and will possibly set the standard on how it should be handled in the future. I'm sorry but the note 7 was the best phone of 2016 and I'm going for the next best thing and the iPhone 7 plus ain't it.
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@Mrnovanova,

Thought you mentioned a few pages back you have an iPhone 7?

Yes the Note is the best phone out there but I don't feel the S7 is next. Having the 32GB internal storage is small and having the old TouchWiz on a 6month old phone makes it looks bland. Grace UX update will give it a fresh look but who knows when that's coming. I don't have backup phone to fall back on right now so I would need to make a decision soon.