cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone!!

Once again its the time of the year that Samsung announces their new Note line up. I am happy to announce that Samsung this afternoon announced the Samsung Galaxy Note 7!. The device seem to have amazing specs! Including memory SD card slot, water resistant and most of all, curved screens on both side for the Note Series and Iris scanner!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Samsung Note 7 Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help:)

3,031 REPLIES 3,031

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

johnx65
I plan to stick around

I saw this earlier, they released this message and then they stopped production worldwide, so it may be a fairly substantial bug. I assume that it is a wearing tear issue and it may become more of a problem the older the phone gets.
That said, I am upset that I have to change phones again. I sold my S7E to get the note, and I have to take a step back words to a slightly inferior phone. I love this phone, even though the spellcheck isn't the best. I would like to see some type of promo or gift since Canadians were screwed in the exchange promo. How about an S8E free when they come out?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hey guys

So it seems all the major carriers are making comments on this. Unfortunately Rogers hadn't.

Seems like u can return the original one or the replacement unit at a carrier store and either do a exchange for another device or refund.

http://mobilesyrup.com/2016/10/11/how-to-return-your-note-7-canada/

Kake777
I plan to stick around
Thanks phonefan

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hey guys

So i spoke to someone familiar with the situation and they got a email about 20 minutes ago saying that any customer with a note 7 can exchange their device to another device and get a $150 credit towards the other device u get.

Also i called in and spoke to someone else on my buddies line and they said the exact same thing.

dale2
I plan to stick around
What if the device we want is the same price can we get the credit towards our bill or accessories?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @dale2

Most likely the credit will be applied towards the phone price or bill. So let's say the next phone u get it $200, they will take $150 off of the device price and u pay only $50.

Thats how she explained it to me. Now if u got the trade in credit which is $200 Plus this credit it should come up to $350. So they will take $200 from there for the device price and the remaining will be added towards ur bill. I am on the phone trying to get them to do it for me instead of me going to the store. Easier that way.

Also if the reps don't know about this, ask to speak to another rep or a manager. Most reps don't look at emails or notifications immediately as per what she said. ( unless this is a rare thing for me but two reps confirmed this).

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hey guys

Here is the official statement from Rogers

" Rogers

Rogers states: “We’re directly contacting our customers with Note 7 devices to advise them of Samsung’s recall and urging them to power down and stop using their device immediately. Our customers’ safety is a top priority and we want to help them get a new device as quickly as possible.”

The carrier says customers can exchange their device for a comparable in-market device at the store where they purchased it or get a refund. Customers who ordered the Note 7 online can call Rogers to start the exchange or refund process."

It seems like the $150 is done either at the store or by calling them but I would suggest calling them about it.

G_Money
I plan to stick around

I wonder how this $150 credit works if we're going to exchange for a device that isn't in stock yet. It's not that I want to ditch Rogers or anything, but I already have the S7e sitting on my desk. I upgraded from that to the Note7, so there's nothing Rogers offers that I really want.

I pre-ordered the Pixel XL when the stories came out about "safe" Note7s exploding (I figured there would be another recall and didn't want to be too far behind).

Also - just called the Rogers I purchased from initially; they say they haven't received the info from Rogers' official statement, so they don't know what to do yet.

Dx9
I'm a reliable contributor
I assume I can go into the Rogers Store tomorrow and get a new phone and they will take back the replacement Note 7 that we got from Samsung. Don't want to go through it again them telling me I can't return it and it has to be sent to Samsung

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @G_Money

Yeah it's weird but seems like it's some information coming down.

Yeah the stores will receive the news later on officially by email to them.

Simion31
I've been here awhile

did they say anything about exchanging for the pixel since it's on pre-order?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Simion31

They can not exchange it for a device that hasn't been released yet. They most Likely will make u refund the device back and redo the upgrade again

Simion31
I've been here awhile

would that mean you wouldn't geet the $150 credit?

JoshuaAustin
I plan to stick around
I think I'll give it a day or two too make sure the store employees have received all relevant information from Corporate and are familiar with the process. I'd rather not be the first guy in...

I've already stopped using my Note 7 and switched to my Note 5 anyhow.

Good to see we might be making quicker progress than I would have guessed.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Simion31

That is correct as u are returning the device and not exchanging it. I would call in and speak to them before hand

I was at the retail store 2 minutes ago. Apparently they have no information yet.

Probably call them tomorrow and hope they are looped in.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @JoshuaAustin

Agreed. I am waiting for the phone call from. The office of the President and will speak to tomorrow tomorrow as they are still looking into the account. Will explain the whole situation from yesterday and today's situation and see what happens with them.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @rDell

As posted above the same thing. Not everyone will get the information at once. The stores most of the times get the information last and causes confusion lol.

Japetto
I plan to stick around
I plan to switch to the iphone 7 plus but since it's like a 4 to 6 week wait do I get a replacement or should I pre order one and keep using my note 7 until it arrives

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Japetto

I am doing the same.. I am holding onto the Note 7 until my iPhone 7 Plus comes in. I am hoping the can expedited the order when I talk to them tomorrow

ThePacas
I plan to stick around
What if the store where a buy my note 7 doesnt exist anymore the name change for planete mobile