cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone!!

Once again its the time of the year that Samsung announces their new Note line up. I am happy to announce that Samsung this afternoon announced the Samsung Galaxy Note 7!. The device seem to have amazing specs! Including memory SD card slot, water resistant and most of all, curved screens on both side for the Note Series and Iris scanner!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Samsung Note 7 Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help:)

3,031 REPLIES 3,031

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @JoshuaAustin

Hopefully working on a exchange program where we can get any other phone lol

JoshuaAustin
I plan to stick around
I'm just hoping for a complete refund. I'll be waiting for my pre-ordered Pixel XL and I want a smooth transaction...

I really hope the rumors I see circulating saying we night have to ship directly back to Samsung in a special box and wait for a refund from them don't come true because that will mean I'm out of pocket for a significant amount of money while I wait but I'm just going to wait and see..

This sort of thing makes me glad I hold on to my old phones. Makes this a but less stressful. The Note 5 is still a great phone other than its internal storage always being full and the poor battery life compared to the Note 7...

IcoHolic
I plan to stick around
I just preordered the Pixel XL, hopefully the refund to the account is quick.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hey guys,

So i am confused. Samsung wrote this on their Facebook

" We have confirmed the stop sale, exchange and production of the Galaxy Note7 globally. Canadian details here:
http://www.samsung.com/ca/news/local/samsung-has-decided-to-stop-production-of-the-galaxy-note7"

The Rogers sends this text

" Rogers service msg: Urgent: Samsung has issued a product recall on all Note7 devices and are advising users to power down their device and stop using it immediately due to battery cell issues. More details on the exchange process will be available shortly."

Then on September 13th they sent this text

"Rogers service msg: Samsung has issued a product recall on the Note7 and are advising all Note7 users to power down their device and stop use immediately due to battery cell issues. Please see more info on Samsung's Note7 Product Replacement at http://CanadaNote7exchange.expertinquiry.com"

Same text minus the last link and sentence.

Rogers needs to end out a actual message which explains what's going on.

RA_Singh
I've been here awhile

The text message on September 13th was for replacing the phone via the Samsung Exchange program, the text message today has to do with something to be announced later regarding returning all note 7s as Samsung has officially decided to discontinue the phone and is issuing a second recall.

I've been following MobileSyrup and Gizmodo regarding the issue and that's all the information I've been able to gather so far.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @RA_Singh

Yes all of us have... The problem is that if u read both text messages, its the same minus the last sentence and link....

So they copied the text and removed the last sentence and link. Then added more information coming soon.. Pay attention to both text messages and see the word "recall" Samsung today never issues a recall..

We all have been following them if u been following this thread.

cubordinate
I plan to stick around

I am concerned this is going to be working with "Samsung Canada" to get a refund. What a Cluster this is going to be. I have been thinking about getting a S7 Edge but I am honestly thinking about bailing from Samsung 100%. Trust is broken.

It was broken trying to get a replacement and them saying "We will call you back in 24/48/24/soon/48 hours etc".

It is broken after them lying to me saying it was safe.

So disappointed. To see the best phone become such a nightmare. What else can you get? HTC Pixel? Yeah right.  After using the phone in the rain and using it in the pool who is going to want to go back to having nightmares of your phone going for a dunk?

I just feel like Samsung is not giving 110% here to earn my respect. They just want to save money and have no respect for maintaining loyality. 

dale2
I plan to stick around
Can't believe that this happened. After dropping my note 4 in the water,(it still worked by the way for 6 months, ) I had been waiting for this upgrade for a long time. Well the iPhone 7 plus is 550 so I hope Rogers will just let me exchange for that as its the same price as the note 7. And wow really Google 679 why are they more expensive then apple. Do they really think they have that great of a phone in the pixel xl.

RA_Singh
I've been here awhile

http://www.samsung.com/us/note7recall/?CID=AFL-hq-mul-0813-11000170

US Based for now but everywhere else is likely to follow just like the replacement program.

Rogers doing a copy and paste from September is a bit lazy, should have waited for the "details" and then sent a text message, with those details.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @RA_Singh

Please follow the Canadian one.. Not the US. The US have different ways of dealing with this. Eve though it might be the same, Samsung no where has called this a official second recall.. Read below

" Mississauga, ON - October 11, 2016 - With consumers' safety a priority, Samsung has confirmed it has stopped sales and exchanges globally of the Galaxy Note7 and has decided to stop production.

At Samsung Canada we remain committed to working with Health Canada, carriers and our retail partners to take all necessary steps to resolve the situation. Canadian consumers with either an original Galaxy Note7 or replacement Galaxy Note7 device should power down and stop using the device. Details of the remedies available for Note7 customers, which will include a refund for the device, will be announced shortly. For more information, Canadian consumers should contact 1-800-SAMSUNG." no where in that post from Samsung Canada they will follow suit. Also the US one has been updated with the information from 2 days ago. That was the original post from when the first recalled happened.

http://www.samsung.com/ca/news/local/samsung-has-decided-to-stop-production-of-the-galaxy-note7

Also if we are going by what the US is showing, we only have two options. Full refund OR a exchange to a Samsung S7 or S7 edge. No one will go for that.

phonefan
I plan to stick around

I think the big problem right now is for people who received replacements directly from Samsung. Rogers does not have the IMEI for those phones and that is what is causing all this confusion especially for people who want refunds. Samsung should have registered those IMEI on our behalf with our carriers during the first recall. It makes sense to return the phone to Samsung but we should get our refund from Rogers. Didn't we have to answer which carrier we belong to during the first recall? Hopefully they make this as smoothly as possible because another mediocre recall especially when knowing we are not getting another Note 7 and have to downgrade or refund will really frustrate consumers. It is like a double slap in the face.

I know some people are going to hate this but I think they should also make this a mandatory recall and brick any Note 7 that is not returned. That is the only way to protect their other devices or else this fiasco might bleed into their other products and airline security confuses S7 and S7 Edges with Note 7s. 

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @phonefan

When using any phone, the carriers network saves the IMEI number you have.. Yesterday I had a manager add the replacement IMEI note 7 on my account so I can do the exchange from them instead.

Agreed though they should brick the Note 7 devices that havent been returned back within let's say 2-3 weeks tops.

dale2
I plan to stick around
So if they do a full refund what about the trade in that we had when we bought them will they be giving us that credit as well, because then it would still be the same thing for me and I can get the 7 plus

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @dale2

They should be able to give that credit back as well seeing a u did the trade in

phonefan
I plan to stick around

Oh that is great news then it must be Samsung Canada holding it up. I don't want to go through Samsung for the refund it will take forever. Only people who purchased the recalled Note 7 from Samsung should refund from them. I rather refund from Rogers. If Rogers has all the IMEI then it is a matter of Samsung making it official. Brick the phones so even if you don't return it is useless although that does not mean it is out of harms way considering there were reports of non-charging phones overheating.

rDell
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

RIP Note series.

Can we all just get a free Samsung Gear S3 Frontier for all the trouble?

On a more serious note (lol?) Severely disappointed we have to go through this again, guess it's either Note 5 or Pixel XL.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @rDell

Lol i laughed towards that haha.

Agreed we deserve a huge apologize Plus something because of it. Ontop of the pre order bonus we got lol.

dale2
I plan to stick around
@meomix I hope so because wasn't the trade in a special promo through samsung at that time.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @dale2

Yeah but they still have to Honor that no matter what as u traded in the device

I just spoke with a manager ( Not the office of the President) he basically got a email saying that dame thing as Samsung said and details will follow soon. He said he doesn't even know what's going on and it should be straightened out tonight / tomorrow morning.

I guess what they want to do is make sure the plan is in place, all carriers know and then start the process of whatever they are doing.

No matter what I am still going to ask for a exchange to another device. Even though I like the S7 Edge, after all this, I don't know what to do with Samsung

phonefan
I plan to stick around
Interesting article I just read from Yahoo Finance:

In addition, South Korean safety authorities said Tuesday that they may have found a new defect that may not be related to the batteries.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @phonefan

Its the connectors and it's also the design. They cramped eveything in there and thus this is happening.