Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Hello @JoshuaAustin

Hopefully working on a exchange program where we can get any other phone lol
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm just hoping for a complete refund. I'll be waiting for my pre-ordered Pixel XL and I want a smooth transaction...

I really hope the rumors I see circulating saying we night have to ship directly back to Samsung in a special box and wait for a refund from them don't come true because that will mean I'm out of pocket for a significant amount of money while I wait but I'm just going to wait and see..

This sort of thing makes me glad I hold on to my old phones. Makes this a but less stressful. The Note 5 is still a great phone other than its internal storage always being full and the poor battery life compared to the Note 7...
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I just preordered the Pixel XL, hopefully the refund to the account is quick.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hey guys,

So i am confused. Samsung wrote this on their Facebook

" We have confirmed the stop sale, exchange and production of the Galaxy Note7 globally. Canadian details here:
http://www.samsung.com/ca/news/local/samsung-has-decided-to-stop-production-of-the-galaxy-note7"

The Rogers sends this text

" Rogers service msg: Urgent: Samsung has issued a product recall on all Note7 devices and are advising users to power down their device and stop using it immediately due to battery cell issues. More details on the exchange process will be available shortly."

Then on September 13th they sent this text

"Rogers service msg: Samsung has issued a product recall on the Note7 and are advising all Note7 users to power down their device and stop use immediately due to battery cell issues. Please see more info on Samsung's Note7 Product Replacement at http://CanadaNote7exchange.expertinquiry.com"

Same text minus the last link and sentence.

Rogers needs to end out a actual message which explains what's going on.
I've Been Here Awhile

The text message on September 13th was for replacing the phone via the Samsung Exchange program, the text message today has to do with something to be announced later regarding returning all note 7s as Samsung has officially decided to discontinue the phone and is issuing a second recall.

I've been following MobileSyrup and Gizmodo regarding the issue and that's all the information I've been able to gather so far.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @RA_Singh

Yes all of us have... The problem is that if u read both text messages, its the same minus the last sentence and link....

So they copied the text and removed the last sentence and link. Then added more information coming soon.. Pay attention to both text messages and see the word "recall" Samsung today never issues a recall..

We all have been following them if u been following this thread.
I Plan to Stick Around

I am concerned this is going to be working with "Samsung Canada" to get a refund. What a Cluster this is going to be. I have been thinking about getting a S7 Edge but I am honestly thinking about bailing from Samsung 100%. Trust is broken.

It was broken trying to get a replacement and them saying "We will call you back in 24/48/24/soon/48 hours etc".

It is broken after them lying to me saying it was safe.

So disappointed. To see the best phone become such a nightmare. What else can you get? HTC Pixel? Yeah right.  After using the phone in the rain and using it in the pool who is going to want to go back to having nightmares of your phone going for a dunk?

I just feel like Samsung is not giving 110% here to earn my respect. They just want to save money and have no respect for maintaining loyality. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Can't believe that this happened. After dropping my note 4 in the water,(it still worked by the way for 6 months, ) I had been waiting for this upgrade for a long time. Well the iPhone 7 plus is 550 so I hope Rogers will just let me exchange for that as its the same price as the note 7. And wow really Google 679 why are they more expensive then apple. Do they really think they have that great of a phone in the pixel xl.
I've Been Here Awhile

http://www.samsung.com/us/note7recall/?CID=AFL-hq-mul-0813-11000170

US Based for now but everywhere else is likely to follow just like the replacement program.

Rogers doing a copy and paste from September is a bit lazy, should have waited for the "details" and then sent a text message, with those details.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @RA_Singh

Please follow the Canadian one.. Not the US. The US have different ways of dealing with this. Eve though it might be the same, Samsung no where has called this a official second recall.. Read below

" Mississauga, ON - October 11, 2016 - With consumers' safety a priority, Samsung has confirmed it has stopped sales and exchanges globally of the Galaxy Note7 and has decided to stop production.

At Samsung Canada we remain committed to working with Health Canada, carriers and our retail partners to take all necessary steps to resolve the situation. Canadian consumers with either an original Galaxy Note7 or replacement Galaxy Note7 device should power down and stop using the device. Details of the remedies available for Note7 customers, which will include a refund for the device, will be announced shortly. For more information, Canadian consumers should contact 1-800-SAMSUNG." no where in that post from Samsung Canada they will follow suit. Also the US one has been updated with the information from 2 days ago. That was the original post from when the first recalled happened.

http://www.samsung.com/ca/news/local/samsung-has-decided-to-stop-production-of-the-galaxy-note7

Also if we are going by what the US is showing, we only have two options. Full refund OR a exchange to a Samsung S7 or S7 edge. No one will go for that.