cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone!!

Once again its the time of the year that Samsung announces their new Note line up. I am happy to announce that Samsung this afternoon announced the Samsung Galaxy Note 7!. The device seem to have amazing specs! Including memory SD card slot, water resistant and most of all, curved screens on both side for the Note Series and Iris scanner!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Samsung Note 7 Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help:)

3,031 REPLIES 3,031

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Dx9
I'm a reliable contributor
Looks like it is going to be a process for sure. I went to swap the Note for an iPhone as I got clearance from Rogers to do so with a transaction ID. I go in to swap and the manager tells me am email was issued right when I was there.

You will not be able to bring the replacements back to Rogers. All replacements will have to be sent back to Samsung directly and will have to wait for a refund. I am extremely upset with the way this is going to be handled in Canada. My last straw for sure with Samsung.

phonefan
I plan to stick around

I have been spending way too much time reading about the Note 7 disaster but I thought you may all find this interesting. Remember when Samsung stated that Note 7 explosions in China were caused by external heat? According to WSJ:

"For several hours after Chinese regulators announced the recall, Samsung’s Chinese website wasn’t updated to mention the new development, though the company’s previous statements, which had cast suspicion on Chinese phone explosion reports, appeared to have been removed."

Not trying to cast suspicion but with this and the fact they never denied the text what is going on internally you must wonder? I really hope that release all the data of their investigation or else how can anyone feel confident of their future mobile products?

Kake777
I plan to stick around
I have the old note 7 and the replacement note 7 that I have not opened yet. Should I take them both to the Rogers store for a refund? Also will the gear fit 2 work with the note 3?

phonefan
I plan to stick around

@Dx9 did they give you a loaner phone since the new Iphone is backordered?

Dx9
So this means I'm paying Rogers for my upgrade and now need to wait for a box to come from Samsung whenever that is, send it back, go get a loaner phone then wait for it get refunded then go in to get a new phone of my choice. This is terrible

phonefan
I plan to stick around

phonefan
I plan to stick around

@Kake777 wrote:
I have the old note 7 and the replacement note 7 that I have not opened yet. Should I take them both to the Rogers store for a refund? Also will the gear fit 2 work with the note 3?

@here you go @Kake777 according to the below chart it is:

http://www.samsung.com/hk_en/mobile_compatible_list/

JeromeM
I plan to stick around

@Dx9 wrote:
So this means I'm paying Rogers for my upgrade and now need to wait for a box to come from Samsung whenever that is, send it back, go get a loaner phone then wait for it get refunded then go in to get a new phone of my choice. This is terrible

@Dx9 Should have just kept the S7E lol

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Dx9

If that's what they want, no one who owns the Note 7 should pay their bills until it's cleared up.. I am not and I'll be making that clear to them.

Dx9
, the thing is the iPhone was right there in front of me and could have it right now. The Rogers Store i deal with are great and they were trying to process it for me. This entire disaster is on Samsung so bad. I'm livid because this is going to be a process to get a refund. The iPhone was right there in front of me almost being unboxed. Crazy

comcry
I plan to stick around

Does anyone know if we can return it to the Samsung Experience Store?  And get an immediate refund?  I've been calling them all morning...no answer...just rings out.  If anyone else wants to try the number is 416-622-9855.  So fustrating!

comcry
I plan to stick around
BTW: I have an iphone 7 Plus on hold - I have until the end of the day to decide what to do!! Thoughts? What are you guys replacing with?

comcry
I plan to stick around

Sorry for so many posts - total confusion.  If I purchase the iphone 7 and decide when the Pixel comes out next week that I like that better - can I get a full refund?  If I'm within the one month and less than 30 minutes talk time (I think those are the perametres)  I am paying out right for the iphone.  Thanks!

Dx9
@comcry, I'm in the same situation. I have a 7 Plus held for me till the end of the day but Rogers can't process the refund I n their end at the store they said. Since the replacement Note 7 I have isn't in their inventory they can't refund me or take it back. Going to be a mess dealing with Samsung for this. Long process ahead it looks like if carriers aren't involved to help us. Hope things can change quickly

comcry
I plan to stick around

I purchased directly from Samsung so I would have had to return to them either way.  If you have your "old" Note 7; perhaps they can do the exchange.  I still have both Notes.  I'm waiting to return mine until I know what is going on.

jay00funk
I plan to stick around

Woman Mad You guys. Lol.

phonefan
I plan to stick around
Do you really think Samsung is weak enough to succumb to hoaxes and sacrifice billions of dollars and reputation? You are talking about a company here where its own workers are suing them for cancer (read it up) which they have aggressively defended. Its worse than the Foxconn scandal. There is a clear problem with the phone enough so that they demanded an entire recall and admitted to safety issues. As for those who want to vent about this issue or decide not to buy Samsung again that is up to consumer opinion. Same as if you want to buy their products again up to you. At the end of the day if it were not for the design faults there would be none of this "delusion"...fact is it is what it is and that is reality.

wpd1
I plan to stick around
Ditto

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hey guys

I just got this text message

" Rogers service msg: Urgent: Samsung has issued a product recall on all Note7 devices and are advising users to power down their device and stop using it immediately due to battery cell issues. More details on the exchange process will be available shortly."

JoshuaAustin
I plan to stick around
I just got a text from Rogers, so looks like they are working on something.

-----------
Rogers service msg: Urgent: Samsung has issued a product recall on all Note7 devices and are advising users to power down their device and stop using it immediately due to battery cell issues. More details on the exchange process will be available shortly.
---------

IcoHolic
I plan to stick around

@Dx9

That doesn't sound good at all.