Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Hello @wpd1

Yeah but for one manager to try and help and yet to not write anything about it, then another manager failed to help and tell a customer to keep a device that is dangerous is kinda failing u know? How is that right. Hopefully tomorrow we see something better and hopefully the Office of the President helps out.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix

Good luck but until Samsung Canada gives the carriers direction, I'm afraid the carriers will do nothing. Not their problem as I recall them saying.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Well, I have powered off my Note 7 and moved my SIM back to my Note 5...

No news sources seem to link to the orriginal press release, so for those who want to know they are getting their information from the horses mouth (I know that's what I was looking for), here you go.

https://news.samsung.com/global/samsung-will-ask-all-global-partners-to-stop-sales-and-exchanges-of-...

I went over to the Rogers reservation system and put in a reservation for a Pixel XL 128GB to replace my Note 7 (hopefully).

Hopefully Rogers has everything figured out by the time my Pixel XL pre-order is in stock, whether that be to refund the purchase of my Note 7 or exchange for the Pixel XL.  Worst case, by the time the new phone is ready, they determine that they still won't be accepting the Note 7 devices and I tell the store I don't want the pre-ordered Pixel XL device (which at this point, I really do, I'm so tired of dealing with Samsung on this).

Hopefully things work out and hopefully there is some actual communication for Canadians and more specifically, Rogers customers by the end of this week.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @wpd1

Office of the President can do more then any manager or rep. So i am sure they will do something but even if they can't, as long as i offered a good deal for another phone, that's fine.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Message from Samsung Canada ;

Update – October 10 at 9:00pm: We received the following statement from Samsung Canada:

“At Samsung Canada we remain committed to working diligently with regulatory authorities, carriers and our retail partners to take all necessary steps to resolve the situation. Canadian consumers with either an original Galaxy Note7 or replacement Galaxy Note7 device should power down and stop using the device. Details of the remedies available for Note7 customers, which will include a full refund at their place of purchase, will be announced shortly. For more information, Canadian consumers should contact 1-800-SAMSUNG.”

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @wpd1

Thank you for that!. Hopefuly they don't pull any tricks.

Some are saying that the devices must be returned back to Samsung for a refund and the replacement devices if u return them for a exchange, people are scared that u will have to get a Samsung device. Sadly i am no longer staying with Samsung after this.
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

It will have to go through the carriers. I didn't buy my phone from Samsung. The easiest possible way for a refund or exchange of a different device is through the carriers. We got billed from Rogers so it has to go through Rogers. With no word on wifi calling or VoLTE for the Pixel it is either iPhone 7 or the S7 Edge for me. I def need those 2 features.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Dx9

Yeah that's is true but will the carriers let us exchange it for another manufacture device like Apple or Google Pixel or will we be forced to stay with Samsung?. That is what many are scared of but i hope that's not how it will happen.. Thankfully I'll be speaking to the office of the President and see what they can do for me as of all this. Also will Samsung or the carriers offer any competition due to the issues? Who knows. But this is it for many that will not go with Samsung again.

I Plan to Stick Around

Can you ask them what happens when we bought a replacement (locked to Rogers) from kijiji??

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Can we please cite sources of information?  I'd like a link to the Samsung Canada statement.  Their twitter feed doesn't have anything and the news page doesn't either...

Thanks!