cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone!!

Once again its the time of the year that Samsung announces their new Note line up. I am happy to announce that Samsung this afternoon announced the Samsung Galaxy Note 7!. The device seem to have amazing specs! Including memory SD card slot, water resistant and most of all, curved screens on both side for the Note Series and Iris scanner!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Samsung Note 7 Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help:)

3,031 REPLIES 3,031

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

phonefan
I plan to stick around
Samsung Canada is like the handicap little brother of Samsung US. They said the same with the first recall and the washer debacle and in the end they followed big brother.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @phonefan

Agreed. Fighting with someone on MS about how Samsung Canada hasn't done anything lol

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey guys

So i am taking this to the Office of the President. Unfortunately the first manager failed to leave any indication if what he told me on a note and gave me the wrong interaction ID number. Ontop of that since Samsung Canada hasn't given any information to the Canadian carriers, they won't do anything.

Second Rogers management is awful. Instead of helping the customers, the second manager refused to do anything because he said Samsung Canada has not given them any word on what to do and only have what they were told from the first recall. He refused to work with me on a solution and said he can't do anything and for me to keep the phone. Are you serious? A manager from the management office telling a customer to keep a dangerous phone? That pushed me to ask for the Office of the President and he said " they will tell you the same and you won't get anything". I am so upset and also angry at this.. I hung up and called back and spoke to a very nice rep which tried to do something but unfortunately couldn't because i asked for the office of the President and they will take care of it. I asked to get a iPhone 7 Plus and not pay $699 for it and only to be told by that manager ( second one) it won't happen just because of the issues.

So i am fed up. 2.5 hours trying to get something done and the only one wanting to help was the last rep which couldn't. I'll be speaking to the office of the President and Hopefully they can keep me as a customer and do the right thing and exchange it for me without any issues.

All I asked is to exchange this with a iPhone 7 Plus and not pay the difference because of the issues. First manager told me I could but never wrote it down and give me the wrong ID. Second manager failed to even help and told me to keep them phone and putting my family at risk. The only one that cared was the past rep but couldn't do much.

What a company eh?...

wpd1
I plan to stick around
@Meowmix

We just have to wait for Canada to wake up from its turkey fuelled hibernation and see if they get their act together tomorrow when everyone returns to work.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @wpd1

Yeah but for one manager to try and help and yet to not write anything about it, then another manager failed to help and tell a customer to keep a device that is dangerous is kinda failing u know? How is that right. Hopefully tomorrow we see something better and hopefully the Office of the President helps out.

wpd1
I plan to stick around
@Meowmix

Good luck but until Samsung Canada gives the carriers direction, I'm afraid the carriers will do nothing. Not their problem as I recall them saying.

JoshuaAustin
I plan to stick around

Well, I have powered off my Note 7 and moved my SIM back to my Note 5...

No news sources seem to link to the orriginal press release, so for those who want to know they are getting their information from the horses mouth (I know that's what I was looking for), here you go.

https://news.samsung.com/global/samsung-will-ask-all-global-partners-to-stop-sales-and-exchanges-of-...

I went over to the Rogers reservation system and put in a reservation for a Pixel XL 128GB to replace my Note 7 (hopefully).

Hopefully Rogers has everything figured out by the time my Pixel XL pre-order is in stock, whether that be to refund the purchase of my Note 7 or exchange for the Pixel XL.  Worst case, by the time the new phone is ready, they determine that they still won't be accepting the Note 7 devices and I tell the store I don't want the pre-ordered Pixel XL device (which at this point, I really do, I'm so tired of dealing with Samsung on this).

Hopefully things work out and hopefully there is some actual communication for Canadians and more specifically, Rogers customers by the end of this week.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @wpd1

Office of the President can do more then any manager or rep. So i am sure they will do something but even if they can't, as long as i offered a good deal for another phone, that's fine.

wpd1
I plan to stick around

Message from Samsung Canada ;

Update – October 10 at 9:00pm: We received the following statement from Samsung Canada:

“At Samsung Canada we remain committed to working diligently with regulatory authorities, carriers and our retail partners to take all necessary steps to resolve the situation. Canadian consumers with either an original Galaxy Note7 or replacement Galaxy Note7 device should power down and stop using the device. Details of the remedies available for Note7 customers, which will include a full refund at their place of purchase, will be announced shortly. For more information, Canadian consumers should contact 1-800-SAMSUNG.”

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @wpd1

Thank you for that!. Hopefuly they don't pull any tricks.

Some are saying that the devices must be returned back to Samsung for a refund and the replacement devices if u return them for a exchange, people are scared that u will have to get a Samsung device. Sadly i am no longer staying with Samsung after this.

Dx9
I'm a reliable contributor
It will have to go through the carriers. I didn't buy my phone from Samsung. The easiest possible way for a refund or exchange of a different device is through the carriers. We got billed from Rogers so it has to go through Rogers. With no word on wifi calling or VoLTE for the Pixel it is either iPhone 7 or the S7 Edge for me. I def need those 2 features.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Dx9

Yeah that's is true but will the carriers let us exchange it for another manufacture device like Apple or Google Pixel or will we be forced to stay with Samsung?. That is what many are scared of but i hope that's not how it will happen.. Thankfully I'll be speaking to the office of the President and see what they can do for me as of all this. Also will Samsung or the carriers offer any competition due to the issues? Who knows. But this is it for many that will not go with Samsung again.

IMHERETOSTAYQc
I plan to stick around

Can you ask them what happens when we bought a replacement (locked to Rogers) from kijiji??

JoshuaAustin
I plan to stick around

Can we please cite sources of information?  I'd like a link to the Samsung Canada statement.  Their twitter feed doesn't have anything and the news page doesn't either...

Thanks!

Dx9
I'm a reliable contributor

Came from Mobile Syrup. Says Samsung Canada released that statement to them. You will see that posted in Samsung Canada tomorrow probably

wpd1
I plan to stick around

Check Mobile Syrup and look for the update 

Re:Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hey guys

Please don't change the title of the thread. Thank you.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

phonefan
I plan to stick around
I keep going back and forth with the S7 Edge, Pixel XL, or refund.

The S7 Edge only has black as the colour option which I am not a fan off. Plus I don't feel right giving Samung mobile more of my hard earned money after this debacle.

The Pixel XL 128 gb edition is too expensive. How can anyone coming from a Note 7 justify paying that much for an inferior phone?

The two selections to me seem to be a stop gap solutions and honestly neither is that much greater than the Note 4 for how I use the phone so I am leaning towards a refund.

Any Note 7 owner who would stick with Samsung with fierce loyalty after this debacle better not criticize Apple sheeps lol.

I heat the next Gen will really feature revolutionary phones especially with Apple expected to do something really daunting with the IPhone 8. It is clear as much as we criticize Apple for being behind the times all manufacturers including Samsung benchmark off them.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @phonefan

I for one will be moving either to the iPhone 7 Plus or Pixel. I will no longer be getting a Samsung device unless they prove to me that they are worth it. Plus if u don't get any competition from all this, why stick with them?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hey guys

Rogers will be making more information available tomorrow as per their Facebook post..

" Hi Sean. Thank you for reaching out to us. D is correct with Samsung's statement. We should have more information available to our customers tomorrow."