cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone!!

Once again its the time of the year that Samsung announces their new Note line up. I am happy to announce that Samsung this afternoon announced the Samsung Galaxy Note 7!. The device seem to have amazing specs! Including memory SD card slot, water resistant and most of all, curved screens on both side for the Note Series and Iris scanner!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Samsung Note 7 Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help:)

3,031 REPLIES 3,031

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

phonefan
I plan to stick around

@Dx9

I am fairly certain Samsung Canada will follow what their counterparts will do who in the end will have to follow what the government regulators dictate. If the CPSC dictates a recall I am sure so will Health Canada. I read the Australian, Taiwanese, and Korean regulators will also recall if CPSC recalls.

I am so frustrated right now because the Note 7 is such a great phone. This debacle completely exposed their incompetence. I don't mean the speed of the recall but their management of the process and communication was nothing less than mediocre. I actually hope they will offer refunds and I will skip this gen and hopefully LG V30 next year will have Super AMOLED and be water resistant. I will preorder that immediately.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @phonefan

So i spoke to a manager which knowns about the situation. He will exchange it for any other phone i want. Unfortunately their systems don't have the Google Pixel yet ( as its a pre order still) and the iPhone 7 Plus is on backorder. So he sent me a text giving me the Interaction ID number with a note saying about the change of devices.

IMHERETOSTAYQc
I plan to stick around

And this will be a complete mess for those that bought it on kijiji or ebay...

phonefan
I plan to stick around

Thanks @Meowmix that is great news! Did you hear anything about a refund? I am now leaning towards that.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @phonefan

He did say you could get a refund but they are being told that a exchange is better. So we shall see. He did say there is something going to be announced soon though with instructions on what to do and what are the options. Apperantly4he did say something about a exchange without pay more ontop due to the issues but he can't say that's for sure.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hey guys!

Thats it. Samsung is officially telling everyone to return their devices back and won't sell them and telling carriers to stop selling them until further date is given. To me this seems like that last nail to the coffin.

" Because consumers' safety remains our top priority, Samsung will ask all carrier and retail partners globally to stop sales and exchanges of the Galaxy Note7 while the investigation is taking place.

Consumers with either an original Galaxy Note7 or replacement Galaxy Note7 device should power down and stop using the device and take advantage of the remedies available."

http://m.androidcentral.com/samsung-power-down-stop-sales-galaxy-note-7

wpd1
I plan to stick around
@Meowmix

Where does it say they won't be bringing it back? Seems to just say that while the investigation is ongoing, sales would be suspended and current owners should shut down their devices.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @wpd1

That is correct but the damage has been done. Seeing as they want us to shut ur devices once again down and exchange them for another one, no one will buy even the Version 3 of this phone. They damaged the line and the device on their own. So i don't think they will end up reselling them again or if they do, it won't be in this design..

Anyways just wanted to share that with everyone.

Dx9
I'm a reliable contributor
The writing is on the wall. The Note 7 is done. They won't be making any new ones for sure. They won't go through the entire process. It's too costly. The device will now be written off and marked down. Now they will have to focus on the S8 and on.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Dx9

Exactly. It will take them 2-3 months to make the Same amount with a new design and then try to convince customers like us that it's safe and won't have issues. For them to even say that the carriers will stop selling the devices, its showing that they know they screwed up badly and now need to fix the major damage they caused in the first place. RIP Note 7.

Dx9
"All Note 7 units currently in consumers hands should be powered down, Samsung says, including replacement units. On its recall page, Samsung says that Note 7 owners "need" to either exchange their phone for another kind of smartphone or obtain a refund"

wpd1
I plan to stick around
What a mess. There's no other phone worthy of being an equal replacement. Forget the note 7, Samsung Mobile RIP.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @wpd1

Agreed. RIP Note 7. It was a amazing phone to date.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Dx9

Yup that's what I posted above as well... So we shall see what happens. Honestly i am better off getting the iPhone 7 Plus at this point lol.

Dx9
I now need some old loaner from a friend to weigh my options. The best phone I have had has to go back. Google Pixel will be backordered now as well as the iPhone 7. I don't know anymore

wpd1
I plan to stick around
I'll stick with my note 5 until something better comes along. Although, I still have this note 7 that they just won't take back......

Dx9
They will now lol

phonefan
I plan to stick around
Thanks for sharing . It is also posted on the Samsung US website. I expect Samsung Canada to follow suit in 100 years...jk...this week. If so we should be able to get a compete refund or exchange. It is clear now the phone has major design problems and is a danger to consumers and the public. Hopefully Samsung will recall all Note 7s and discontinue it immediately. Release the findings of their investigations as a show of respect to Note customers the most loyal of their mobile division. Reevaluate their leadership and quality control and go from there. Don't rush the S8 and when that is released have it reviewed by regulators. The focus now is earning back customer trust, protecting reputation and rebuilding brand. Hopefully when they get their act together (Note 10) I will consider one of their mobile products again.

phonefan
I plan to stick around
I am sticking with my Note 4 and getting a refund. They should let us keep the Gear Fit 2 and SD card out of appreciation. I am afraid I will just be disappointed with the Google Pixel or V20. Will wait for reviews of Pixel before deciding next course of action. Most likely will hold off til next gen I hear the IPhone 8 will be revolutionary.

hdresden
I plan to stick around
So I received a box in the mail asking me to return my note, even though I already returned it. I called the 18005173507 recall number to get it straightened out and asked if my new device was safe. I was assured it was.... When I asked about the 5 reported cases of replacement devices and mentioned that all us carriers stopped selling the device I was told that is the us, I was talking with Samsung Canada and I had nothing to worry about.

I feel better now...

If there is another recall I'll be going with something else. At this point even if they figure out what's wrong it's a tainted device. You will never be able to travel with it. I doubt it will ever get updated. And it will always be in the back of my mind if the thing will spontaneously combust.

The way Samsung handled this does not inspire confidence. I'll be skipping the note for at least the next generation, and I've had every one since the 2

boomboomkitti
I plan to stick around

Ugh! This is so depressing. I didnt even get to get my hands on one. I ordered 2 days before the recall so mine was never shipped and was left in limbo this whole time. So now I have to contact buyers remorse so I can get my account straightened out and upgrade (downgrade?) to something I don't even want. I guess I'll keep my s7 and let my son pick a new phone. Nothing else really appeals at this time. They are currently charging way too much for the edge considering ithe has been out for what, 6 mos. now?

Samsung really screwed the pooch on this one. I would have been fine with a fatter phone or smaller battery if it meant the same functionality with no "kaboom!" They should have taken the time to fix this right, but instead they rushed it and made the situation even worse for themselves. I can understand feeling the need to make good quick when you have shareholders breathing down your neck.