Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

@Dx9 the funny thing is my wife loves the Note 7 and uses my phone when I am at home and doesn't understand all the fuss I have been making these last couple days. She also doesn't keep up with any tech news so...

Ugh this whole situation is really starting to make me frustrated. It's like going from a Mercedes to a Kia lol.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Exactly @Meowmix I haven't been this hype for a piece of tech since the Note 4 which TBH was more of a leap than Note 7. The Note 4 can still compete with 95 percent of new phones out there. To me that phone is still the pinnacle and the Note 7 right behind it.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @phonefan

Honestly idk what to think anymore. My gf wants to exchange it to the Pixel one and I am still on the fence the iPhone 7 Plus or the Google Pixel XL. Don't know which one at the moment lol
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

honestly getting another new phone to me is just a concilation prize for all the inconvenience the Note 7 and Samsung has brought me through. I will probably regret the new phone like a hangover after a breakup but at this point I can't leave empty handed even if my Note 4 still works very well for me. Lol. Logically I should just wait for the next gen and give up on this one...
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

If we are allowed to exchange for another device I would go with the Pixel. Not into the iPhones anymore considering what you get with Android. Will def miss wireless charging, bringing the Note in the Hot Tub 🙂 . Yes it works great in water :). Love all the features the Note 7 brings to the table. Nothing on the market matches a Note 7. That's the frustrating part of the ordeal.

Hey maybe we won't be exchanging the Note 7. Like Meo said it's all up to Samsung Canada. Canadians always get the shaft somehow :). I just don't want a phone that has potential safety issues, no software development since it is pretty much abandoned in the US now. What are crazy sad thing that has happened
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Dx9

I am fairly certain Samsung Canada will follow what their counterparts will do who in the end will have to follow what the government regulators dictate. If the CPSC dictates a recall I am sure so will Health Canada. I read the Australian, Taiwanese, and Korean regulators will also recall if CPSC recalls.

I am so frustrated right now because the Note 7 is such a great phone. This debacle completely exposed their incompetence. I don't mean the speed of the recall but their management of the process and communication was nothing less than mediocre. I actually hope they will offer refunds and I will skip this gen and hopefully LG V30 next year will have Super AMOLED and be water resistant. I will preorder that immediately.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @phonefan

So i spoke to a manager which knowns about the situation. He will exchange it for any other phone i want. Unfortunately their systems don't have the Google Pixel yet ( as its a pre order still) and the iPhone 7 Plus is on backorder. So he sent me a text giving me the Interaction ID number with a note saying about the change of devices.
I Plan to Stick Around

And this will be a complete mess for those that bought it on kijiji or ebay...

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks @Meowmix that is great news! Did you hear anything about a refund? I am now leaning towards that.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @phonefan

He did say you could get a refund but they are being told that a exchange is better. So we shall see. He did say there is something going to be announced soon though with instructions on what to do and what are the options. Apperantly4he did say something about a exchange without pay more ontop due to the issues but he can't say that's for sure.