Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Hello @cubordinate

Agreed. Honestly at this point it's a tossup for the iPhone 7 Plus or the Google Pixel XL for me. I still haven't sent back my recalled one anyways as i have been so busy with working 6 days a week.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@cubordinate

I've spent this AM looking at other Android options, and you're right... the Note 7 is the best for my needs.

No one feels worse than the people at Samsung I imagine, hopefully the next generation is a big step forward.

Depending on the word from Samsung Canada, it looks like the Pixel XL is the phone I'll be using for the current generation.

I Plan to Stick Around

I used to be an iPhone person back when they had the 3g. I switched and don't miss it. The new phone its nice tho. Water resistance is must have feature for me which makes the Pixel useless. I have used the Note in the rain and water quite a bit. I think I will find a way to wait until the S8 comes out. Guessing 4K lightly curved screen like the note will be the main feature as well improved camera and processor.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Sprint and Best Buy USA are now halting all Note 7 sales and now refunding and exchanging any device of their choice. Hoping Canada can start this. My wife wants this phone out of the house ASAP. Love this phone but I'm so mad this is a mess
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @IcoHolic

Agreed. It seems like they need to go, their image and the image for the Note series after this.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @cubordinate

Who knows but they need to WOW us for me to come back to Samsung again after this.
I Plan to Stick Around

It's simply the best phone on the market.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Dx9

Again they follow what Samsung US tells them to do. Samsung Canada hasn't done anything yet because no one here in Canada has had any issues yet. I bet they are waiting for that to happen but now that everyone is halting the sales and letting go their customer return the device or exchange them, they will do the same. Rogers reps seem to know a bit thus why they are telling us they are looking into it. Hopefuly they do let us.

Just a heads up, if this does happen, expect the bill to be a mess if u do the return and resell
I Plan to Stick Around

I actually wish the Note 7 never came out that way whatever phone I get I won't feel so downgraded. That is just how good this phone could have been. The Edge is the closest but if travel bans extend to all Samsung phones then gotta go with Pixel XL. Even if I get the Edge that will be my last Samsung phone for awhile. Samsung really disappointed me with this debacle. When the S8 or Note 8 comes out they better submit it to regulatory reviews. I won't dare preorder a Samsung phone again nor would I recommend anyone be first adopters of their mobile products. Funny thing is a lot of co-workers and friends ask my opinion when it comes to tech. I have converted so many IPhone users I should get paid lol but they just lost my endorsement.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @phonefan

Agreed with that. Unfortunately it seems like it will be my last Samsung device for a while as well. As much as i love Samsung and the Note 7,this is causing more of a worry then anything and Samsung Canada doesn't seem to care. They don't want the returns that's what it is.. They rather keep us from retuning them, then them taking a huge loss and starting from the bottom again.

They better do more thing then that when the Note 8 or S8 come out. Many have lost faith and trust in Samsung overall.