Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

I really hope Samsung Canada allows us to swap out replacement Note 7 phones. My biggest concern is resale value, as I upgrade phones every year and offset the cost of that with the sale of my previous phone. I paid full price for my Note 7, and I doubt I'll be able to get anywhere near what it's worth in a year.

I don't want an S7 Edge, so hopefully we can move to a Pixel XL or V20. That's not a great thing for Samsung, but I'd like the bigger screen.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @IcoHolic

The V20 hasn't been announced by Rogers so that's not a option. The Pixel XL is dead as there is no SD support that is turning down many from it. Also no waterproofing like the Note 7. So many things aren't the same.

The only other device I like and is very similar is the S7 Edge.
I Plan to Stick Around

Hello @Meowmix

Well, I don't care about the SD slot and I've never had a waterproof phone before the Note 7, and that was never an issue. There's just no other large Android phones out there at the moment.....

Bummer about the V20, it looks nice. There must be QC issues with LG.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @IcoHolic

Well then at this point go for the Pixel XL.
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Yeah when I sold my iPhone 6S Plus in August along with my Apple watch I got the Note 7 and Gear S2 Classic. I also went and got a Wireless charging stand on Amazon. I've invested some money into Samsung products so to keep my investment going in would need to have an S7 Edge. I should have kept it in the first place after the recall I guess. I was given an exemption from Rogers to return the S7 Edge being over the 30 min limit. I wanted the Note 7 in the first place.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Dx9

I hear you, I bought the charging stand too... that wasn't cheap.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Dx9 @IcoHolic

Thats nothing. Try paying $124 for the Backpack battery case, $25 for one case, $45 for another case $55 for the wireless stand up charger and $20 for the screen protector. That's $270 spent on this device which i most likely won't get back. The wireless charger I am fine with but the $124 for the battery case I may not get back, same with the cases.
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Gear S2 $300, 2 cases at $50 each and wireless charger at $70. Total invested $470
I Plan to Stick Around

I was going back and forth between the V20 and Edge. If the V20 had a super AMOLED screen I would probably go with it. I can live without the S Pen and waterproofing and wireless charging is nice but will miss the Iris scanner since I use it quite a lot.
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix
You got the battery pack from crackberry. You've got 60 days to return.