cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone!!

Once again its the time of the year that Samsung announces their new Note line up. I am happy to announce that Samsung this afternoon announced the Samsung Galaxy Note 7!. The device seem to have amazing specs! Including memory SD card slot, water resistant and most of all, curved screens on both side for the Note Series and Iris scanner!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Samsung Note 7 Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help:)

3,031 REPLIES 3,031

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

phonefan
I plan to stick around
Honestly if Rogers offers a refund or an exchange I will probably take it. As much as I like my Note 7 and have had no problems it is simply a disaster. At this rate it will be ban on transports for who knows when and may even face another recall. If the latter happens Samsung should bury the Note 7. I am starting to believe what I read while back that the true problem is not the manufacturing of the battery but casing design and how there is too much pressure on the battery. They should just put a 3200 battery in there. Hopefully their investigation proves it is not a recurrent issue with the "new" phones.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @phonefan

Yeah that is true. Just a couple minutes ago ATT now is doing the same as Sprint. They are letting customers know that they can return the replacement device for another one.

Two problems with this down here. If you got the original one from Rogers August 19th and did the recall, you got a new IMEI number which doesn't match the contract IMEI number and the one u got. So the stores may not do the return unless they verify by the box it's a replacement one. Now i spoke to 3 Rogers store reps and 1 manager which declined that they would do it and even said that the system won't let them do the return if it's a different IMEI and will reject it. Now the system could change that but idk how i feel about this. Many issues will happen unless Samsung send out a email or happily do a recall on these ones and send out cheques lol.

Now again it's only one person claiming that their replacement did this and no one else has for the past 3 weeks. So i don't know.

phonefan
I plan to stick around
It is such a mess. This phone had such great potential. IMO it is still the best phone in the market but it is getting to the point where it is no longer worth it and if a 2nd recall happens....seriously Samsung has lost me as a phone consumer for a long time.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @phonefan

8 really doubt a second recall will happen. The US carriers are overthinking and overdoing it if u ask me. One problem and they go for this making it look bad. No confirmation it happened due to the same issue Or even them providing any proof at all. Samsung hasn't even had the device in their hands. So no one knows for sure what the truth is.

I am not scared nor will this make me think any different. The phone is working without any issues and such so let them complain lol.

phonefan
I plan to stick around
The 2nd recall may not be up to Samsung but government regulators.

It is up to Samsung now to prove this is not an issue which I hope they can.

Fear is nothing until the unthinkable happens...

ProPatria
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix  I agree with @phonefan the situation is developing into a position which customers are losing confidence in the Note 7.

Additionally, and perhaps more importantly, individuals like myself who travel regularly, may find themselves not being able to board an aircraft with a Note 7.  That is not being dramatic in anyway, by the reality of safety measures when you have other lives to consider; even if it’s a miniscule possibility, it still must be enforced for overall safety.

Also, I have heard that Southwest Airlines has confirmed the incident and that the phone is a replacement Note 7.  The rest is up to Samsung.

Regardless, if I cannot depend on the safety of my phone or having a device which restricts me in anyway, then it’s a useless tool.    

I’ll be looking at an S7 and as interim solution.  At some point you need to cut your loses and move forward. 

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @ProPatria

Yeah i agree with that and see your point too. We shall see what happens. Unfortunately Rogers won't resort to those measures that ATT and Sprint are St yet.

phonefan
I plan to stick around
I also travel frequently for work and I actually use my Note 4 when doing so while waiting for the Note 7 disaster to clear up. But due to the recent events I can't see how the Note 7 will not be ban on transports. There have now been a handful of reports that replacement phones have overheated and caught on fire. The latest being in Taiwan. There seems to be a strong possibility of a 2nd recall if Samsung cannot prove with absolute certainty this is not a systemic flaw.

Since the day they announced the recall I found it fishy. Not to be a conspiracy theorist but if only a small percentage was affected due to a manufacturing batch why recall all phones unless there is a possible inherent problem they are not telling revealing. I work with manufacturers and it makes no sense they cannot isolate the phones with defective batteries instead of recalling all phones. Like most I attributed it to Samsung being noble doing something un Apple if you will by recalling all phones but if the replacement phones are going up in flames it is clear to me that in their pursuit of chasing a dream of a phone with no bezel and with a giant battery they created a design that places too much pressure on the battery. We as consumers are also partly to blame because we expect leaps and criticize incremental improvements. We are spoiled.
I hope Samsung can clear up this mess because I would like to keep this phone but if this continues just bury the phone and move forward. If they want to keep loyal customers give us note 7 owners who went through all this trouble a FREE upgrade to Note 8 especially for those who went through the first recall and stayed after the 2nd recall. Then we will see if they are un Apple.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @phonefan

Honestly idk anymore. I love this phone and so does my girlfriend but we both are considering now that we might have to change. Called Rogers and spoke to a manager which knows about all the issues and tech news.. He did state that there s information coming but can't make any comments. He did say he has a Note 7 and is worried himself.

Although he Samsung does a second recall, this will end it for the Note 7. They won't be able to gain anyone's trust at all. We will have to go through the same process again and again and again.

They either need to cut this device off and end it's life and bring out another Note 8 or S8 and the ones that did the upgrade to the Note 7 like u said get a free upgrade to the next Note series or offer something for the loyalty.

phonefan
I plan to stick around
Exactly @Meowmix.

I really like my Note 7 but it has got to the point that I have to really step back from my bias and look at the bigger picture. It is like they say you are blind when in love. I really hope they can clear this mess so I can enjoy what I consider the best phone ever created. The only way I would ever consider staying with the Note 7 or even buying a future Samsung phone if a 2nd recall happens is if they give me a BIG incentive like a free upgrade to Note 8 or S8. Anything less is an insult to our loyalty and clearly they just see us as blind fanboys.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @phonefan

Agreed. I honestly think that Samsung rushed out again and now we have these issues.

In order to gain peoples trust, the ones who are going through this should be offered something more then just a replacement and i am sure the media and everyone will go on about it. I do t just want a replacement where in let's say 2 months someone will go on saying it's having issues and another recall happens. I love the device but Samsung really needs to fix this properly and offer something. Remember now all carriers in the states are doing the replacement return and giving their customers another device of their liking. This could cause a serious damage and problems for Samsung and also as i was reading on a post another site, ATT is concedering to stop selling the Note 7 all together. If that happens and carrier follow, Samsung will have no choice but to payout the customers with issues and who own the Note 7 and also give them something for it.

http://www.androidauthority.com/bloomberg-att-considering-dropping-galaxy-note-7-completely-720799/

phonefan
I plan to stick around
Yeah I read that. Canadian carriers should follow suit if 2nd recall happens.

Honestly if Samsung gives an incentive (ie free upgrade) and even they pack a lower battery like around 3200, to avoid battery pressure issues, and if they can work out travel bans I will keep this phone even after a 2nd recall. If a 3rd recall well...they might as well as close down their mobile division because it will become extinct like Nokia.

Funny thing is my old phone runs cooler than my new phone and neither have overheated. I wonder if the people who reported issues with their replacement phone use cases. I would suspect if the issue is related to pressure that a good solid case would prevent that by preventing the phone being pressed against too hard ex. Tight pockets.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @phonefan

I am fighting with a guy on AA as well right now..

Anyways i agree but i doubt Samsung will do anything to compensate us. Remember some of us paying $120 for a battery case Plus skins and cases which we won't get our money back because of this. So we forked out money for nothing if we are forced to get another device from another manufacture. Even if I get the S7 Edge, the battery case, cases won't fit that. So it's a loss no matter what.

Second i do believe that if they do the second recall, it will take some time for us to get our devices anyways as they have to rebuilt the units and or add a small battery which takes more time then the first recall. So i guess it would take weeks to get one.

wpd1
I plan to stick around
I've scraped my virtual knuckles more than once over this note 7 debacle on AA with likely the same person. Either a Samsung employee or hired by Samsung or just someone who likes stirring the pot.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @wpd1

Yeah that's why i stopped making comments back. Gave up lol

phonefan
I plan to stick around
Probably a Trump supporter... another keyboard warrior.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @phonefan

Oh well. Anyways other then that lol

wpd1
I plan to stick around
Just for laughs and giggles, I still have the replacement Note 7 without the black square, even though I returned my original note 7 to Rogers for a full refund. I have tried everything within reason to get them to take it back and community helps has also been involved. They just don't seem interested in taking it back, even though they own it. It's just sitting in a box in my closet.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @wpd1

It doesn't seem like they care i believe but they will once they notice the IMEI number of the device isn't returned back.

Honestly its been such a bad experience for everyone. My Replacement hasn't had any issues other the some heat which is normal for any electronic system but again idk

Dx9
I'm a reliable contributor
I won't deny I still have worries a bit even with my replacement Note. I'm always checking to see if it's hot etc. I wireless charge when I can. It gets annoying always making sure the phone is ok but I have 3 kids in the house to think about also. It's probably rare that something might happen but it is in the back of my mind. I love the phone but if Rogers went the way of the US carriers to do an exchange on the Replacement Note 7 I would take advantage of it and have some piece of mind. This phone isn't worth much at all trying to get rid of it probably. I can't afford to cut my losses on a $1,000 after a few weeks.

germain18_2006
I plan to stick around

@Dx9 wrote:
I won't deny I still have worries a bit even with my replacement Note. I'm always checking to see if it's hot etc. I wireless charge when I can. It gets annoying always making sure the phone is ok but I have 3 kids in the house to think about also. It's probably rare that something might happen but it is in the back of my mind. I love the phone but if Rogers went the way of the US carriers to do an exchange on the Replacement Note 7 I would take advantage of it and have some piece of mind. This phone isn't worth much at all trying to get rid of it probably. I can't afford to cut my losses on a $1,000 after a few weeks.

My new device is working flawlessly and I will keep it no matter what as its the top of the line phone in the market regardless of the battery issues before.  

I always thought that why every time something happened to the Note 7 has to be in US? Who doesn't want Samsung to regain their sales on the new device? Apple!!  I always think there will be a certain degree of smearing