Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Hello @wpd1

Maybe we are the ones over thinking it? I don't have any issue with my new one as all. Just takes a bit more longer to charge on the Fast Charger compared to the older one.
I've Been Here Awhile

I have a bit of a situation. I purchased my note 7 in late August. Upon hearing about the recall, I registered for the Note 7 Replacement on Sept. 3. After waiting 3 weeks and not receiving any updates or news, I got fed up, and decided to take advantage of Rogers extending the return period on the phone to 30 days, and returned the phone for my money back, and purchased a different brand of phone instead. Then today, over a month after I registered for the replacement, and having absolutely no communication from Samsung whatsoever, I received a package containing a replacement Note 7, and a box to return the old one in. Of course, I don't have the old device anymore, and there were no instructions on what do do if you no longer have the old device and no longer need the replacement phone. Truthfully, I completely forgot about the replacement Note 7 I had signed up for once I decided to return it to Rogers. What do I do with the new phone? Take it back to Rogers?

I Plan to Stick Around

@WoozyPolarBear

Just return the phone(and all its contents) in the return packaging... i'm sure they'll figure it out by the IMEI

I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / QuestionsI

I'm just worried that they will be looking for the old Note 7 IMEI to check off their returned list, and when that doesn't show up, I'll have a bunch of red tape and hoops to jump through to convince Samsung that I returned the replacement phone. As we know, Samsung doesn't seem too terribly organized, and I can see my situation slipping through the cracks of their process by sending in a good note 7 in the return/recalled packaging.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / QuestionsI

Hello @WoozyPolarBear

Any recalled Note 7 that has been returned to any carrier store gets sent back to Samsung. Now you can send back the new one with a small letter inside explaining what is going on. Take a image of that letter and everything for ur proof that u did that.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@germain18_2006 wrote:
All my settings are the same restore from Google and smart switch

If you want to get the best performance out of your device, set it up from scratch. Never restore settings from a backup, Google settings backup, or even transfer settings (etc) from another device. I can't guarantee that will make the exact point difference from you were seeing, but it's typically better to start fresh.

Also, may be worth downloading GB4.0.0 from apkmirror, just in case they tweaked the score algorithm again in 4.0.1 that they released on the 16th. It's common that public changelogs don't list every change.

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi!

I have done some performance tests with a home made application.

I got the same results for old and new Galaxy Note 7.

Up to now, I'm very satisfied with the replacement.

Bonne soirée!

I've Been Around

I gave my note 7 back to the store I bought it from 2 weeks ago. However I have not got the call to pick up the replacement. What should I do?
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @q_flow

You can't do much unless you wanna contact the store and see. Sadly there isn't much u can do until u wait for the phone call
I Plan to Stick Around

I was just setting some accounts up on my new Note 7 and was alerted to a New Google sign in for this device.  I was about to ignore it, when I noticed that this “New Device” was last signed in, in Ireland on 3 Oct. 

Two options I think; 1) my account was hacked, but that seems unlikely and would still not account for this device being used (as it shows the same serial number).  Or 2) I have received a quickly refurbished device.

Any other thoughts would be welcomed before I contact Samsung for an explanation.Capture.JPG