cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone!!

Once again its the time of the year that Samsung announces their new Note line up. I am happy to announce that Samsung this afternoon announced the Samsung Galaxy Note 7!. The device seem to have amazing specs! Including memory SD card slot, water resistant and most of all, curved screens on both side for the Note Series and Iris scanner!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Samsung Note 7 Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help:)

3,031 REPLIES 3,031

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

armchi
I've been here awhile

Has Rogers started shipping the Note 7?

I reserved the Blue Samsung Note 7 a couple of weeks prior to the Recall.  I got the email stating that it was being processed and that I would get a UPS tracking number and that Rogers would call me once it had arrived.  I've not received anything from Rogers since then. I've read in this forum about people getting the replacement Note 7's, but I think that only applies to people who had already received their phones prior to the recall.  Is Rogers shipping out the replacement units first?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @armchi

Yes as per Samsung Canada and Samsung worldwide. They are shipping out replacement devices to the ones that had a Note 7 first. Samsung Canada said carriers should receive new stock for new customers starting mid October. Unfortunately this goes for all carriers. They and to replace the existing units first.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @wpd1

Maybe we are the ones over thinking it? I don't have any issue with my new one as all. Just takes a bit more longer to charge on the Fast Charger compared to the older one.

WoozyPolarBear
I've been here awhile

I have a bit of a situation. I purchased my note 7 in late August. Upon hearing about the recall, I registered for the Note 7 Replacement on Sept. 3. After waiting 3 weeks and not receiving any updates or news, I got fed up, and decided to take advantage of Rogers extending the return period on the phone to 30 days, and returned the phone for my money back, and purchased a different brand of phone instead. Then today, over a month after I registered for the replacement, and having absolutely no communication from Samsung whatsoever, I received a package containing a replacement Note 7, and a box to return the old one in. Of course, I don't have the old device anymore, and there were no instructions on what do do if you no longer have the old device and no longer need the replacement phone. Truthfully, I completely forgot about the replacement Note 7 I had signed up for once I decided to return it to Rogers. What do I do with the new phone? Take it back to Rogers?

iyatos56
I plan to stick around

@WoozyPolarBear

Just return the phone(and all its contents) in the return packaging... i'm sure they'll figure it out by the IMEI

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / QuestionsI

WoozyPolarBear
I've been here awhile

I'm just worried that they will be looking for the old Note 7 IMEI to check off their returned list, and when that doesn't show up, I'll have a bunch of red tape and hoops to jump through to convince Samsung that I returned the replacement phone. As we know, Samsung doesn't seem too terribly organized, and I can see my situation slipping through the cracks of their process by sending in a good note 7 in the return/recalled packaging.

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / QuestionsI

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @WoozyPolarBear

Any recalled Note 7 that has been returned to any carrier store gets sent back to Samsung. Now you can send back the new one with a small letter inside explaining what is going on. Take a image of that letter and everything for ur proof that u did that.

xtechx
I plan to stick around

@germain18_2006 wrote:
All my settings are the same restore from Google and smart switch

If you want to get the best performance out of your device, set it up from scratch. Never restore settings from a backup, Google settings backup, or even transfer settings (etc) from another device. I can't guarantee that will make the exact point difference from you were seeing, but it's typically better to start fresh.

Also, may be worth downloading GB4.0.0 from apkmirror, just in case they tweaked the score algorithm again in 4.0.1 that they released on the 16th. It's common that public changelogs don't list every change.

Roglebo
I plan to stick around

Hi!

I have done some performance tests with a home made application.

I got the same results for old and new Galaxy Note 7.

Up to now, I'm very satisfied with the replacement.

Bonne soirée!

q_flow
I've been around
I gave my note 7 back to the store I bought it from 2 weeks ago. However I have not got the call to pick up the replacement. What should I do?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @q_flow

You can't do much unless you wanna contact the store and see. Sadly there isn't much u can do until u wait for the phone call

ProPatria
I plan to stick around

I was just setting some accounts up on my new Note 7 and was alerted to a New Google sign in for this device.  I was about to ignore it, when I noticed that this “New Device” was last signed in, in Ireland on 3 Oct. 

Two options I think; 1) my account was hacked, but that seems unlikely and would still not account for this device being used (as it shows the same serial number).  Or 2) I have received a quickly refurbished device.

Any other thoughts would be welcomed before I contact Samsung for an explanation.Capture.JPG

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @ProPatria

You are fine. Sometimes the servers are from different places so ir doesn't show real time. It does that to me everytime i set up google on anything lol. Sometimes it shows USA or Mexico yet it's me.

You aren't hacked. None of the above u stated are right. It happens to many. Even Dropbox when signing into my account with Google shows sometimes in different parts of Canada yet I did it. It's a glitch.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hey guys!

So i got this email from Samsung canada regarding me sending the recalled one back.

"
Our records show that you received your replacement Note7, but have yet to return your original device. Please use the pre-addressed shipping box with packaging instructions that was enclosed with your replacement Note7 to return the original device at your earliest convenience. Under the Canada Consumer Product Safety Act it is prohibited to redistribute, sell or give away a recalled product. As a recalled product, it is mandatory that you return the original device to Samsung Canada. The Note7 may not be disposed of in any other way.

Should you require exchange assistance, please call 1-800-517-3507 and one of our customer service team will be happy to help you through the process.

We are committed to ensuring that your exchange process is seamless and the brand experience you receive exceeds your expectations as a valued Samsung customer.

Sincerely,

Paul Brannen,
COO, EVP Mobile Solutions
Samsung Canada "

germain18_2006
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hey guys!

So i got this email from Samsung canada regarding me sending the recalled one back.

"
Our records show that you received your replacement Note7, but have yet to return your original device. Please use the pre-addressed shipping box with packaging instructions that was enclosed with your replacement Note7 to return the original device at your earliest convenience. Under the Canada Consumer Product Safety Act it is prohibited to redistribute, sell or give away a recalled product. As a recalled product, it is mandatory that you return the original device to Samsung Canada. The Note7 may not be disposed of in any other way.

Should you require exchange assistance, please call 1-800-517-3507 and one of our customer service team will be happy to help you through the process.

We are committed to ensuring that your exchange process is seamless and the brand experience you receive exceeds your expectations as a valued Samsung customer.

Sincerely,

Paul Brannen,
COO, EVP Mobile Solutions
Samsung Canada "

LOL....No wonder. You had your new phone way earlier than we do and you still have it....

I just shipped mine back today 😄

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @germain18_2006

While that is true, I got the UPS box a couple days ago lol. Just been working constantly :(. I am shipping mine out today or Monday at most.

importspeed
I've been around

Any chance Rogers will allow for Note 7 replacement for Google Pixel XL?  

I know it's a US carrier but Sprint seems to be allowing that.  

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_note7_users_on_sprint_can_exchange_their_unit_for_any_other_d...

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @importspeed

Only Sprint is doing this. No other carrier in the US, Canada or in other countries are doing this. Unfortunately Rogers won't allow it as u past the 30 day return policy they gave us. I would like that to happen but i don't think they will end up doing it as its only one report which hasn't even been verified that it's done by the device it self or whatever it is.

ThePacas
I plan to stick around
I just receive the package from ups and its a brand new phone with all accessories inside and a empty box the return the old one but i dont know what to do ,rogers give me a replacement and i got another one from samsung

germain18_2006
I plan to stick around
Lol...just keep it

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @ThePacas

Send back the one u just got from Samsung. If u don't, pretty sure they will ask u to send it back as u have another one.