Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Then you must have had a killer configuration because the average MC score for Note 7 is 3800.

https://browser.primatelabs.com/android-benchmarks
I Plan to Stick Around

Ok, but still cannot explained the huge score difference. All my settings are the same restore from Google and smart switch
I Plan to Stick Around

Not sure why you have a difference or how you even scored 4800 but that is why I prefer real world performace tests vs benchmarks. Samsung was outed in the past to tweak their software to score high on tests. That is why as much as people say about the iPhone from real world performance it kills android phones but that is apples to oranges.

I Plan to Stick Around

Geekbench must be reading speeds from the other two cores in the 820. There are two cores at 2.15 and other two are 1.6.
I Plan to Stick Around

I remember so correct as I want to compare it with iPhone 7 after they'd released and before I send them back. I got 4800+ MC and iPhone above 5000. That's why I remember.
I didn't even see the chart u link at that time.
And then the new phone came and I run the Geekbench 4 and just want to know why the huge difference.
I Plan to Stick Around

Did anyone else read about the southwest airlines incident? Looks like the owner confirmed with The Verge that it is a replacement and Samsung is investigating.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi!

I have just received my new Galaxy Note 7 from UPS.

The well know application CPU-Z show many informations concerning SOC, DEVICE, SYSTEM, BATTERY, THERMAL, SENSORS.

I compared every informations on both phones; here are the most importants :

Concerning the processor : the same processor

old Galaxy Note 7 : Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 2,15 Ghz

new Galaxy Note 7 : Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 2,15 Ghz

Concerning the battery : a litte difference but I don't know if it is important

old Galaxy Note 7 : Voltage : 4174 mV

new Galaxy Note 7 : Voltage : 3978 mV

It is very exciting!

I Plan to Stick Around

Just don't know for sure if there's a difference between old and new Note 7's or if the Note 7 in general ( Snap D ) is a poor performer. Looked up on Youtube for benchmarks taken prior to replacement Note 7 's and they seem to be in line with what I'm getting now.

I've Been Here Awhile

Has Rogers started shipping the Note 7?

I reserved the Blue Samsung Note 7 a couple of weeks prior to the Recall.  I got the email stating that it was being processed and that I would get a UPS tracking number and that Rogers would call me once it had arrived.  I've not received anything from Rogers since then. I've read in this forum about people getting the replacement Note 7's, but I think that only applies to people who had already received their phones prior to the recall.  Is Rogers shipping out the replacement units first?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @armchi

Yes as per Samsung Canada and Samsung worldwide. They are shipping out replacement devices to the ones that had a Note 7 first. Samsung Canada said carriers should receive new stock for new customers starting mid October. Unfortunately this goes for all carriers. They and to replace the existing units first.