cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone!!

Once again its the time of the year that Samsung announces their new Note line up. I am happy to announce that Samsung this afternoon announced the Samsung Galaxy Note 7!. The device seem to have amazing specs! Including memory SD card slot, water resistant and most of all, curved screens on both side for the Note Series and Iris scanner!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Samsung Note 7 Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help:)

3,031 REPLIES 3,031

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Waytoostylus
I plan to stick around
Could it be your gift?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @ThePacas

Its not the phone. Everyone who had a replacement for a package that is 3LB which contains a box inside a box with Styrofoam peanuts and a bubble bag to put in the device. Again u aren't receiving another phone. Just a empty box to out the older one in.

The first email is a waybill to return it.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Waytoostylus

The gifts don't come from STERICYCLE INC. Any boxes come from there is for the recalled Note 7.

Anything coming from Samsung INC is the gift.

wpd1
I plan to stick around

Has anyone checked further into claims that the Note 7 performance on the replacement phones has been reduced or " governed " ? It's a huge deal if in fact Samsung did this however, nobody seems to really care. I think a couple of us have checked our devices with Geekbench4 and seen the lost performance first hand but nobody really seems to be picking up on this in the main stream tech media, other than the Chinese article.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @wpd1

No one has reported this other then us and some others in Chinese wording. No one else seems to either care or reported this.

wpd1
I plan to stick around

I called Samsung as well and as expected, they said they did not change anything on the replacements, other than the green battery to identify safe phones.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @wpd1

Hmm well when I get home I'll check my Replacement.

germain18_2006
I plan to stick around
Lol, I won't even made the call. You think they will tell us anything? Even the recall they didn't tell us anything...:)

phonefan
I plan to stick around

Honestly I don't see any performance difference between my old and new Note 7. The other thing wasa slight battery life difference but now that the new phone had burned in it is pretty much the same. I didn't measure my old phone on Geekbench but it is probably showing 1.59 Ghz due to the speeds of the other two cores in the 820. Benchmarks can vary test by test. I just tested for curiosity and there is a 15 percent difference between my first and second test. Honestly the snapdragon is very poor compare to its exynos counterpart. I wont put too much into that Chinese article and I am Chinese. With that said my Note 7 is still zippy I know a couple people who had performance issues even prior to recall.

What is more troubling is I just read a note 7 caught on fire on a plane today and supposedly it is a recalled version.

Dx9
I'm a reliable contributor
Geekbench 4 showed the 820 at 1.59ghz with 4 cores back at the beginning of Aug with screen shots. My old Note showed the same. Nothing different.

wpd1
I plan to stick around

The Geekbench4 scores on the Note 7 are pretty sad in relation to other phones on the market, even last years models. The iPhone 6 plus blows it out of the water ( no I'm not an Apple fan boy ). Based on just turning on the phone without any apps installed ( other than the pre-installed stuff ), here's the scores I'm getting;

My Note 7

Single core - 1303

Multi-core - 3572

My Note 5, full install with all my personalized apps and setup registers as follows;

Single core - 1389

Multi-core - 4461

phonefan
I plan to stick around

The note 5 scores are high because exynos beats out snapdragon and it has 8 cores to 4.

germain18_2006
I plan to stick around
Yes, my Note7 also has a significant score difference. Multi core I had 4800 at least on the unsafe phone and now dropped to about 3800. This is not a small difference.

phonefan
I plan to stick around
Then you must have had a killer configuration because the average MC score for Note 7 is 3800.

https://browser.primatelabs.com/android-benchmarks

germain18_2006
I plan to stick around
Ok, but still cannot explained the huge score difference. All my settings are the same restore from Google and smart switch

phonefan
I plan to stick around

Not sure why you have a difference or how you even scored 4800 but that is why I prefer real world performace tests vs benchmarks. Samsung was outed in the past to tweak their software to score high on tests. That is why as much as people say about the iPhone from real world performance it kills android phones but that is apples to oranges.

phonefan
I plan to stick around
Geekbench must be reading speeds from the other two cores in the 820. There are two cores at 2.15 and other two are 1.6.

germain18_2006
I plan to stick around
I remember so correct as I want to compare it with iPhone 7 after they'd released and before I send them back. I got 4800+ MC and iPhone above 5000. That's why I remember.
I didn't even see the chart u link at that time.
And then the new phone came and I run the Geekbench 4 and just want to know why the huge difference.

phonefan
I plan to stick around
Did anyone else read about the southwest airlines incident? Looks like the owner confirmed with The Verge that it is a replacement and Samsung is investigating.

Roglebo
I plan to stick around

Hi!

I have just received my new Galaxy Note 7 from UPS.

The well know application CPU-Z show many informations concerning SOC, DEVICE, SYSTEM, BATTERY, THERMAL, SENSORS.

I compared every informations on both phones; here are the most importants :

Concerning the processor : the same processor

old Galaxy Note 7 : Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 2,15 Ghz

new Galaxy Note 7 : Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 2,15 Ghz

Concerning the battery : a litte difference but I don't know if it is important

old Galaxy Note 7 : Voltage : 4174 mV

new Galaxy Note 7 : Voltage : 3978 mV

It is very exciting!

wpd1
I plan to stick around

Just don't know for sure if there's a difference between old and new Note 7's or if the Note 7 in general ( Snap D ) is a poor performer. Looked up on Youtube for benchmarks taken prior to replacement Note 7 's and they seem to be in line with what I'm getting now.