Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Hello @boomboomkitti

Most likely shows it was shipped but never did because of the recall unless they shipped one out and you will receive the older model. Hopefully they figure it out!
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi meowmix.
Yeah. That could be it. I just don't want to cancel and lose my spot in case they end up back-ordered, or there is some other issue once sales resume. On the other hand I don't want to keep the order open and end up waiting forever anyway just to find my order is screwed up and I have to start again. Sigh. Every time I've been this excited about a phone something screws it up or causes a delay.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @boomboomkitti

Yeah i hear you on that. Hopefully they can figure this out and fix it or see what they can do
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @boomboomkitti

Yeah i hear you on that. Hopefully they can figure this out and fix it or see what they can do

Seems like my new phone needs to be recall again.

I don't know what's going on but when I set up my phone, after I plug in my sim card, it shows the Verifying your Google account page and said"

"This device was reset.  To continue, sign in with Google Account that was previously synced on this device."

So I did and it said" Please sign in with one of the user's account using on this device".  

It keeps looping this page without letting me further set up my phone.  

I've been keep trying for hours.  And when I take out my sim card, plug back in the old phone, it ask me the same thing, I typed in the email address and password and it goes right back in.  

I need to call the recall center again I guess.  

Need a recall for the recall...:(

P.S. Did the Power, Home, Volumn reset but still see the same page keep looping.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @germain18_2006

I had the same issue with my first note 7. After a couple of tries it worked but seems like your case needs to be a software issue that needs to be fixed up.
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @germain18_2006

I had the same issue with my first note 7. After a couple of tries it worked but seems like your case needs to be a software issue that needs to be fixed up.

Ya, you're lucky than I am, mine just stuck there on that page.  I had tried for few hours no matter what the phone still asked me to use the account which I did.  But just keep looping....OMG...

The thing is Samsung has no physical store like Apple with tech support (ya, I admit this) except the one at Mississauga.  And this recall phone has nothing to do with them.  So I need to contact the recall center and recall the recall phone...lol...

I have no time to waste anymore.  I'll talk to them but I am sure if it's the case, I may have to wait another long period of time again.  

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey so wat I noticed is that the phone is unlocked and when. You put the sim in it resets the phone and goes to the bootloader to lock to that carrier. I fully set up mine and when I put the sim in it reset so you may have put the sim in at the wrong time and it didn't lock properly and now ur going through the loop. Try turning it off and then putting the sim in and then start it it should bootloader like it's being rooted
I Plan to Stick Around

I should have read this post first. I spent a lot of time setting the phone up the way I wanted it. I then decided to put in the SIM card and upon reboot, everything was wiped out and I had to do a restore all over again.

I did notice that my replacement did not include any Rogers apps. I guess it went straight from Sammy to my home, with no Rogers involvement.

I also received the bubble bag for returning the old phone. I will give it a week to ensure everything is fine with the new one.
I Plan to Stick Around

@germain18_2006

That is really unfortunate. Did you try turning off the phone and taking the SIM card out and then turning it back on? You should be able to reset it using hard keys...

As much as people hate on Apple products seriously their customer service is simply superior to Samsung. Now I find out their washers might explode. Don't tell me I have to go through another recall with another Samsung product. Seriously this company is going downhill fast aka Sony.

http://news.samsung.com/us/2016/09/28/samsung-official-statement-on-top-load-washing-machines/?CID=A...

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @phonefan

Sony didn't have any recalls like Samsung has on any of their devices. Samsung seems like it has had a bad year with alot of things.

Also the issue with the washing machine has always been there thus why a long time ago they added the vibration system to not make them vibrate as much as they did. LG and Bosch had a problem awhile back similar to this one as well.