cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone!!

Once again its the time of the year that Samsung announces their new Note line up. I am happy to announce that Samsung this afternoon announced the Samsung Galaxy Note 7!. The device seem to have amazing specs! Including memory SD card slot, water resistant and most of all, curved screens on both side for the Note Series and Iris scanner!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Samsung Note 7 Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help:)

3,031 REPLIES 3,031

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @boomboomkitti

Yeah i hear you on that. Hopefully they can figure this out and fix it or see what they can do

germain18_2006
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @boomboomkitti

Yeah i hear you on that. Hopefully they can figure this out and fix it or see what they can do

Seems like my new phone needs to be recall again.

I don't know what's going on but when I set up my phone, after I plug in my sim card, it shows the Verifying your Google account page and said"

"This device was reset.  To continue, sign in with Google Account that was previously synced on this device."

So I did and it said" Please sign in with one of the user's account using on this device".  

It keeps looping this page without letting me further set up my phone.  

I've been keep trying for hours.  And when I take out my sim card, plug back in the old phone, it ask me the same thing, I typed in the email address and password and it goes right back in.  

I need to call the recall center again I guess.  

Need a recall for the recall...:(

P.S. Did the Power, Home, Volumn reset but still see the same page keep looping.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @germain18_2006

I had the same issue with my first note 7. After a couple of tries it worked but seems like your case needs to be a software issue that needs to be fixed up.

germain18_2006
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @germain18_2006

I had the same issue with my first note 7. After a couple of tries it worked but seems like your case needs to be a software issue that needs to be fixed up.

Ya, you're lucky than I am, mine just stuck there on that page.  I had tried for few hours no matter what the phone still asked me to use the account which I did.  But just keep looping....OMG...

The thing is Samsung has no physical store like Apple with tech support (ya, I admit this) except the one at Mississauga.  And this recall phone has nothing to do with them.  So I need to contact the recall center and recall the recall phone...lol...

I have no time to waste anymore.  I'll talk to them but I am sure if it's the case, I may have to wait another long period of time again.  

dale2
I plan to stick around
Hey so wat I noticed is that the phone is unlocked and when. You put the sim in it resets the phone and goes to the bootloader to lock to that carrier. I fully set up mine and when I put the sim in it reset so you may have put the sim in at the wrong time and it didn't lock properly and now ur going through the loop. Try turning it off and then putting the sim in and then start it it should bootloader like it's being rooted

5five5
I plan to stick around
I should have read this post first. I spent a lot of time setting the phone up the way I wanted it. I then decided to put in the SIM card and upon reboot, everything was wiped out and I had to do a restore all over again.

I did notice that my replacement did not include any Rogers apps. I guess it went straight from Sammy to my home, with no Rogers involvement.

I also received the bubble bag for returning the old phone. I will give it a week to ensure everything is fine with the new one.

phonefan
I plan to stick around

@germain18_2006

That is really unfortunate. Did you try turning off the phone and taking the SIM card out and then turning it back on? You should be able to reset it using hard keys...

As much as people hate on Apple products seriously their customer service is simply superior to Samsung. Now I find out their washers might explode. Don't tell me I have to go through another recall with another Samsung product. Seriously this company is going downhill fast aka Sony.

http://news.samsung.com/us/2016/09/28/samsung-official-statement-on-top-load-washing-machines/?CID=A...

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @phonefan

Sony didn't have any recalls like Samsung has on any of their devices. Samsung seems like it has had a bad year with alot of things.

Also the issue with the washing machine has always been there thus why a long time ago they added the vibration system to not make them vibrate as much as they did. LG and Bosch had a problem awhile back similar to this one as well.

phonefan
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix 

Sony had battery recalls in the past but nothing as devasting as Samsung at least in terms of PR. I was more referring to Samsung losing market share like Sony andbecoming more irrelevant as their brand strength decreases.

I also thought they fixed it long ago but the affected washers are manufactured through April 2016 which is ridiculous. I know there were reports last summer but I guess it finally took the CPSC to get involved as well as a large class action lawsuit that is pending for Samsung to release an offical communication admitting product defect. This is NOT good.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @phonefan

No i agree with you but I am saying that All Sony recalls were from the Sony Viao laptops and one on a tv back in 2008 or so. Not any cellphone devices unlike Samsung at this moment.

https://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/support-info.pl?info_id=377

Yeah that is true but Sony is still alive in their PS and their TV section. They are still huge in their camera section too. Anyways seems like high companies have had their own issues but Samsung has done anything to make it right other then doing the recall.

Yeah it's not good at all actually. Very bad for Samsung at this point.

phonefan
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix

True but Sony's dominance is nothing like in the past reminds me of Samsung's current dominance but even higher. We live in a capitalism model so everything is about profits but that shouldn't mean sacrifice in quality. I fear Samsung is following a US model now...

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @phonefan

Agreed. I do remember when I closed the Eatons center location and the last one was Yorkdale we closed we were told Sony would open a store again in 2018 or so. We shall see

Anyways Hopefully all this with Samsung ends and they get back on track.

comcry
I plan to stick around
Starting to wonder if it is all worth it. Did you guys hear about the replacement phone that blew up and damaged the guys MacBook. If a replacement phone is in the news doing this we won't be able to sell even the replacements. Has anyone successfully sold a replacement. If so, how much did you get.

Apple dropped the ball also IMO. If they had phones available, I think more and more note 7 users would have moved on. I am now truly thinking about it but iPhones are out of stock for 3-4 weeks. What a mobile nightmare.

I know it's been said before but ensuring I have it right. If I return my phone do I get to keep the gear fit?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @comcry

Was it proved that it was the battery? Many people see this as a cash grab and will do anything to get some money. I haven't heard anything yet other then u and wpd1 posting about it. No news article, no one on AA or Ac or even MS posted about this.

phonefan
I plan to stick around
There have also been reports of reports of a handful replacement phones being replaced in US due to overheating not explosion. One person I think said it became too hot while on Skype. Personally my Note 7 runs cool maybe because I don't game much or at all on my phone. My old Note 7 also never felt hot only sometimes warm when charging from almost 0 to 100. However I did notice a slight drop in battery performance in the new unit.

I also read somewhere not sure if true but the real problem with the Note 7 was not battery manufacturing but a design issue about how it was packed in the Note 7 casing. It was too small for the battery. The report also said there seem to be blame games being played within Samsung and SDI was a scapegoat for Samsung mobile. Not sure if true.

I am keeping my Note 7 because to be frank it is the best phone on the market but I probably won't get a Samsung phone for awhile in the future. They really need to look internally and reevaluate their business model. They should not have rushed production of the Note 7.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @phonefan

Every single device and electronic system heats up. If those people complain about heating, maybe they should go touch a laptop when charging or a Plasma TV which overheats. They complain about the littlest things I swear...

I am keeping my Note 7 as gets it heats up but under heavy use. Not being bothered by it.

phonefan
I plan to stick around
The key point is that Samsung decided to replace some of new phones that overheated. Whatever the purpose of doing so may lead consumers to believe there is still a problem even if they are doing it not because of a phone defect but to protect their goodwill.

comcry
I plan to stick around
Here is the article although I've read it in more than one place.

https://www.google.ca/amp/www.cnet.com/google-amp/news/supposedly-safe-note-7-explodes-in-china/?cli...

I definitely agree that note 7 is far superior. When operable. But resale value will go down for sure.

I also read that the issue was that the battery was too big for the spot which lead to what they told us about having the positive and negative wires touching one another and exploding. Something like that. It's a bit beyond my full comprehension. If I got it wrong sorry. That's my interpretation of what I read.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey guys

So i got 2 emails from UPS. One email shows

***Do not reply to this e-mail. UPS and STERICYCLE ULC will not receive your reply.

This notice alerts you, STERICYCLE ULC has processed this UPS Returns request. A label has been created and is in transit to the pickup location.

Shipment Detail
Merchandise Description: CONSUMER ELECTRONICS
Number of Packages: 1
Weight: 1.0 LBS
Reference Number 1: EVENT 5914

UPS Return Label:
Tracking Number: 1Z31250R914116XXXX
UPS Service: Standard
Return Service: UPS Returns, Print Return Label

Pickup From:
D K
Xxx Midland Ave
Scarborough
ON
XXX XXX
CA
Return To:
SHIPPING
STERICYCLE ULC
25 IRONSIDE CRES.
SCARBOROUGH
ON
M1X1G5
CA"

Does a shipping label be 1lb? 

Yep same here,  two emails with two different tracking numbers. Haven't gotten a call so not sure whats happening.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @trazbot

I noticed that too and both show 2LB then 1LB. Weird. Wonder if they are sending us new devices and a box to send it back? Who knows...