Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Hello @JoshuaAustin

Meh that's why i am mailing mine in. So i don't have to deal with them personally at the store. Lol.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hey guys!

I just read this article on AA

"Unsafe Note 7 devices will not be capped at 60 percent charging like we’ve seen with other regions. Samsung believes that this has sent the wrong message, and that some Note 7 owners have been content to continue using their handsets in spite of the truncated battery life under the impression that this makes the device safe. Instead of hampering usage with limited battery life, Samsung’s approach in Canada is to constantly remind users that they are dealing with a dangerous piece of hardware until they finally turn it in."

http://www.androidauthority.com/canadian-recall-details-717954/
I Plan to Stick Around

My call was just like that. He was trying to get me to tell him but I thought it was more like he was trying to confirm the info submitted online because I changed what I was doing. I gave him the Street number and name and then He told me the rest. Guess I'll know in a few days. 🙈

When I called the number back it is Samsung. Fyi
I Plan to Stick Around

well ,i replied the email and complete the form like u did but no email 

but 2 day ago   i miss a call  with a area code from montreal .when i called back the guy just told me its was samsung security but i have to call customer service.so i call customer service and i explain to the agent what just happen ,then she told me, the call i miss maybe was to know the location  and full address of the place i wanted to pickup the phone ,so i told if i could change the exchange method .she said there was no problem she  ask for   my name and my full address at the end she said i would receive a email  with shipping information  from samsung or fedex before the weekend but  after i talk with samsung the only email  i receive is to complete the form or reply to change the exchange method ,which a i did on the phone a day before 

sorry if my english is bad, im a french guy

I Plan to Stick Around

I haven't heard anything else since. No fed ex email etc. Worse case scenario I'll get it next week. Hopefully Monday which would be great. Very happy that I was not told no coral blue.

Looks like Samsung is bouncing back. Very glad I stuck with this phone. Not only is it a great device but upgrading to the iPhone would have cost me hundreds.

I got $200 off this phone with a trade in phone from the 90's. plus I received a gear fit worth $250. Putting the out of pocket cost closer to $700. Amazing!

http://news.samsung.com/us/2016/09/22/official-statement-about-half-of-recalled-galaxy-note7-phones-...

With respect to the battery pack - does it only fit the note 7? I want to get it but do not want to spend too much in accessories as I'll flip this phone next year.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @comcry

The battery case is ONLY made to fit the Note 7. I got it and so did @germain18_2006. It's a great battery case I will say. Charges ur phone wirelessly
I've Been Here Awhile

Apparently the U.S. had 500,000 replacement devices delivered to customers on the 21st of September. Is this indicative that we should be expecting ours soon? Apparently the cut off for a refund is Oct. 2nd and without knowing how much longer this is going to take, I'd expect an extension...
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @CalElle

Remember those aren't blue from what i read. The blue ones are the hardest to make. They are only Black and silver. Also they sold one million Note 7s in the US. So they only have half out as half got returned back to them.

They will. Show out more to us. We are 70% return rate in Canada
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I really hope Rogers extends the refund period in this case. Mine was blue and if I find out Oct 3rd I'll be without a phone for months, I'll be calling for an exception to the refund. I'm trying to remain patient but it's difficult to come to a decision to hold out or move on with such limited information.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @CalElle

Rogers can't just do whatever they want. Samsung will have to approve of that in order for them to do it. So it's up to Samsung Canada to say yes.

I hope so