cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone!!

Once again its the time of the year that Samsung announces their new Note line up. I am happy to announce that Samsung this afternoon announced the Samsung Galaxy Note 7!. The device seem to have amazing specs! Including memory SD card slot, water resistant and most of all, curved screens on both side for the Note Series and Iris scanner!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Samsung Note 7 Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help:)

3,031 REPLIES 3,031

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Roglebo

We posted that yesterday morning. Eveyone gets that message as well on their affected Note 7 devices. Every half an hour and every charge

comcry
I plan to stick around
Just received a call from Samsung. They wanted to confirm my pick up location. I confirmed I wanted it sent to my house. They had the address already. They said to expect my device is 3-5 days. Wish it was 24-48 hours. Lol

germain18_2006
I plan to stick around
From Samsung Canada or the US recall center?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @germain18_2006

The US recall center doesn't work for Canada. So i do believe it's Samsung Canada only sending them out.

germain18_2006
I plan to stick around
But the number show while we recharge is the Recall center in US. They have all the info that we'd registered.
So we should call 1-800-517-3507 or 1-800-Samsung?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @germain18_2006

They are both connected to the same place really. The only thing is that you need to tell them ur in Canada. I called the US Samsung call center and didn't worked but my buddy worked lol..

Who knows

comcry
I plan to stick around
Not sure, sorry. Number was +1 (800) 726-7864.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hey guys!

So reading some posts over on Mobilesyrup and some are saying that you are allowed to keep the accessories and also the S-pen. Some have even called the call center and chatted with them and they only ask for the device back. Nothing else.

I'll chat with them later and see what they say. I rather keep the accessories and send the device back alone lol. ( yes i want to keep them haha)

ProPatria
I plan to stick around

I just received a suspect 1-800 call from Samsung?

The caller seemed unsure of himself and was asking where I had requested my Note 7 to be delivered.

I mentioned that I had completed the form and submitted my request yesterday.

The caller was prompting me to tell him the location of the store.

I mentioned that my information was submitted online, and therefore Samsung already has my information.

The caller then quickly seemed to become nervous, then we ended the call.

Have others received a call from Samsung?

If not, then perhaps someone is trying to take advantage of this situation to gain access to new phones.???

Regardless, just wanted to mention this.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @ProPatria

Seems like that is what is happening but no one else has reported this. Hopefuly it's not what u are saying

JoshuaAustin
I plan to stick around
Well, I just returned my phone...

It took an hour to get across town to the CPR cell phone repair shop. They couldn't process my return for a full hour because their internet connection was down. The guy looked the phone over carefully and checked to make sure everything was there...

I seriously have a bad taste in my mouth after this experience...

As I may have said before, I have had the Note 2,3,4,5 and now the Note 7. 3/5 phones required warranty service that was slow and inconvenient.

Anyhow... Enough complaining. I have my new phone and I really like it. Glad I'm done dealing with Samsung's terrible after purchase support...

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @JoshuaAustin

Meh that's why i am mailing mine in. So i don't have to deal with them personally at the store. Lol.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hey guys!

I just read this article on AA

"Unsafe Note 7 devices will not be capped at 60 percent charging like we’ve seen with other regions. Samsung believes that this has sent the wrong message, and that some Note 7 owners have been content to continue using their handsets in spite of the truncated battery life under the impression that this makes the device safe. Instead of hampering usage with limited battery life, Samsung’s approach in Canada is to constantly remind users that they are dealing with a dangerous piece of hardware until they finally turn it in."

http://www.androidauthority.com/canadian-recall-details-717954/

comcry
I plan to stick around
My call was just like that. He was trying to get me to tell him but I thought it was more like he was trying to confirm the info submitted online because I changed what I was doing. I gave him the Street number and name and then He told me the rest. Guess I'll know in a few days. 🙈

When I called the number back it is Samsung. Fyi

ThePacas
I plan to stick around

well ,i replied the email and complete the form like u did but no email 

but 2 day ago   i miss a call  with a area code from montreal .when i called back the guy just told me its was samsung security but i have to call customer service.so i call customer service and i explain to the agent what just happen ,then she told me, the call i miss maybe was to know the location  and full address of the place i wanted to pickup the phone ,so i told if i could change the exchange method .she said there was no problem she  ask for   my name and my full address at the end she said i would receive a email  with shipping information  from samsung or fedex before the weekend but  after i talk with samsung the only email  i receive is to complete the form or reply to change the exchange method ,which a i did on the phone a day before 

sorry if my english is bad, im a french guy

comcry
I plan to stick around
I haven't heard anything else since. No fed ex email etc. Worse case scenario I'll get it next week. Hopefully Monday which would be great. Very happy that I was not told no coral blue.

Looks like Samsung is bouncing back. Very glad I stuck with this phone. Not only is it a great device but upgrading to the iPhone would have cost me hundreds.

I got $200 off this phone with a trade in phone from the 90's. plus I received a gear fit worth $250. Putting the out of pocket cost closer to $700. Amazing!

http://news.samsung.com/us/2016/09/22/official-statement-about-half-of-recalled-galaxy-note7-phones-...

With respect to the battery pack - does it only fit the note 7? I want to get it but do not want to spend too much in accessories as I'll flip this phone next year.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @comcry

The battery case is ONLY made to fit the Note 7. I got it and so did @germain18_2006. It's a great battery case I will say. Charges ur phone wirelessly

CalElle
I've been here awhile
Apparently the U.S. had 500,000 replacement devices delivered to customers on the 21st of September. Is this indicative that we should be expecting ours soon? Apparently the cut off for a refund is Oct. 2nd and without knowing how much longer this is going to take, I'd expect an extension...

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @CalElle

Remember those aren't blue from what i read. The blue ones are the hardest to make. They are only Black and silver. Also they sold one million Note 7s in the US. So they only have half out as half got returned back to them.

They will. Show out more to us. We are 70% return rate in Canada

CalElle
I've been here awhile
I really hope Rogers extends the refund period in this case. Mine was blue and if I find out Oct 3rd I'll be without a phone for months, I'll be calling for an exception to the refund. I'm trying to remain patient but it's difficult to come to a decision to hold out or move on with such limited information.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @CalElle

Rogers can't just do whatever they want. Samsung will have to approve of that in order for them to do it. So it's up to Samsung Canada to say yes.

I hope so