cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone!!

Once again its the time of the year that Samsung announces their new Note line up. I am happy to announce that Samsung this afternoon announced the Samsung Galaxy Note 7!. The device seem to have amazing specs! Including memory SD card slot, water resistant and most of all, curved screens on both side for the Note Series and Iris scanner!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Samsung Note 7 Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help:)

3,031 REPLIES 3,031

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

dale2
I plan to stick around
@JoshuaAustin what color did you have?

JoshuaAustin
I plan to stick around
Black

germain18_2006
I plan to stick around

@dale2 wrote:
@JoshuaAustin what color did you have?

lol..He said Black. That's what I thought. I am having a Blue. So don't worry.  Ours will takes a bit longer.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @JoshuaAustin

You didn't receive the two text messages from Rogers? If u upgraded with them u should have. Samsung only sent out emails about doing the replacement only by applying for it. Seems like Samsung dropped the ball. The media did announce it and alot of tech sites as well when it first came out.. This is how most of us knew about it.

JoshuaAustin
I plan to stick around
That is correct. Neither Rogers or Samsung sent me ANY communication on thus recall.

I follow tech news closely, so I was informed that way. And some Canadian specific information about the recall was available here long before I came across it elsewhere l.

comcry
I plan to stick around
Does anyone know where I can get confirmation that we only have to return the phone and not the accessories? I want to avoid the hassle of/when they get my phone in. Thx

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @comcry

The email states " As a recalled products, it is important to return the device to Samsung Canada. The Note 7 should not be disposed in any other way".

They don't care about accesories, they want just the device back but Don state a date to do it by or demand it back. Just says it important to return the device back to Samsung.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @JoshuaAustin

Hmm seems weird but some didn't receive the text or email either. Seems to me the system only sent some the text

germain18_2006
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @comcry

The email states " As a recalled products, it is important to return the device to Samsung Canada. The Note 7 should not be disposed in any other way".

They don't care about accesories, they want just the device back but Don state a date to do it by or demand it back. Just says it important to return the device back to Samsung.

How about the Spen, are we able to keep it as a spare?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @germain18_2006

Shouldn't be a problem as the S-Pen doesn't have the issue. The issue is with the Battery.

germain18_2006
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @germain18_2006

Shouldn't be a problem as the S-Pen doesn't have the issue. The issue is with the Battery.

That's good cuz I saw issues with the Spen spring getting non-responsive.  Good to have one as a back up.

Happyly charging my backpack I don't give a xxxx now...lol..

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @germain18_2006

I haven't even opened my backpack battery case nor the replacement device lol. Been so busy moving on the weekend and today

germain18_2006
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @germain18_2006

I haven't even opened my backpack battery case nor the replacement device lol. Been so busy moving on the weekend and today

I'm envy. I don't even have a new device.  Besides, the backpack stated that it's been manufacture on Aug18th,2016.

wpd1
I plan to stick around
Has anyone actually returned a device to one of the drop off locations without the accessories?

When I returned my defective phone to Rogers, they were insistent that the accessories be included.

Now, that was Rogers and the drop off locations may be different, which is why I'm asking.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @germain18_2006

Yeah mine shows that date too. So we should be okay as i don't think he backpack battery cases have the Samsung batteries, because of they did they would have recalled those too.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @wpd1

When returning or exchanging a device from a carrier, then yes u need all accessories with it so it could be done. Samsung in the letter makes no remark on returning any accesories. So i will keep them. They have no way of billing u for it. They make millions you accesories every week. So they should be fine.

Samina
I plan to stick around

So I just got off the phone with Samsung, all they told me was that my exchange has been processed on the 14th (I submitted my form on the 9th) and they said that someone should contact me within 48 hours,however it's been longer than that. So she told me that the call backs are backed up so she can't give me a time frame as to when they'll call me back. So for the blue Note 7s... We're still in limbo, haha.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Samina

Yeah usually they said that as well in the email as well. They said someone would contact u within 48hrs but no one has for anyone.. Only received either emails with tracking numbers or randomly we see FedEx notifications on the doors or receive the packaged.

biks21
I plan to stick around

So i just got mine exchanged phone today and reading the paperwork, it says return the other phone at your "earliest convenience". Does not provide a specific date....you think they'd keep track of your phone if you did not return it? 

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @biks21

I don't believe so. They will update the affected devices to limit them to charge until 60% and maybe later on just kept updatin the but in all reality they cant charge anyone if they forget to send it back or refuse to.

wpd1
I plan to stick around
This is really odd. By not having the carriers control the exchange, they've left themselves open to loss. The defective phone is actually from Rogers and the replacement is from Samsung. I guess at some point when they reconcile imei's that they can determine if a defective device is still in the wild but will they go as far as sending invoices to those who did not return it? You never know.

Will be interesting to hear from someone who returned their phone already to one of the drop off locations to see how sticky they are about accessories.