Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

It's Samsung, we sort of, kind of will put a green battery indicator, maybe a black square and possibly we might put both. Regardless, even if you're missing one or both, trust us.....
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

OK I think I figured it out.
Expect your replacements this week. If you purchased earlier and have not received one, expect new note 7s to be available by the start of October.

"Samsung has said it would resume sales in the affected markets once enough replacement phones have been issued. It will start issuing replacement devices in South Korea on Sept. 19, while U.S. replacements will start on Sept. 21." - Globe and Mail

https://sec.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/international-business/asian-pacific-business/sam...
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @germain18_2006

The new replacement devices have a unique IMEI number which is why they are sending the update out to the new ones only. They record the IMEI that gets sent out and only they will get the update. Android authority has confirmed this and Samsung Australia
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @wpd1

Samsung Canada replied to Mobilesyrup posting this.

" Update 09/16/16: Samsung Canada reached out to let us know that fixed Note 7s will feature different signifiers on each box depending on the region they are released in. In Canada specifically new Note 7s will feature a black square."

http://mobilesyrup.com/2016/09/15/canadians-start-receiving-note-7-replacements-and-they-dont-featur...
I Plan to Stick Around

Now if only someone would inform Samsung.....
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @wpd1

Yeah i agree. I think they are starting to release that information since then and the managers on the call centers don't really relay the message to them. Sadly we now know the answer and the ones with the black square. So those with that marking are fine.

Have you tried contacting them regarding urs?
I Plan to Stick Around

Just out of curisoity, has anyone recieved the blue Note 7 as a replacement? Wondering if the color will affect when I'll get mine, still waiting!

I Plan to Stick Around

I've talked to anyone at Samsung that would listen. There's nobody left. I have an outstanding ticket that's waiting for a response. For now, I have a note 7 sitting in a box without a black square that they won't even take back. I'm in limbo for now.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @wpd1

Hmm this isn't good for them at all. They need to take it and give u another one. This is bad on them.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Samina

Seems like the blue ones are the harderest one to make. That's why they are taking their time with it.. Guess they had millions of black and silver made