cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone!!

Once again its the time of the year that Samsung announces their new Note line up. I am happy to announce that Samsung this afternoon announced the Samsung Galaxy Note 7!. The device seem to have amazing specs! Including memory SD card slot, water resistant and most of all, curved screens on both side for the Note Series and Iris scanner!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Samsung Note 7 Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help:)

3,031 REPLIES 3,031

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Japetto

Yeah same with me. No issues and works perfectly fine.. Seems that the replacement ones are fine withe seals

wpd1
I plan to stick around

@phonefan@Meowmix

Trust me ( I'm not Samsung ha ha), I have knocked on every Samsung door ( figuratively ) to get someone to understand the issue. If it's not on the script, first line defenders know nothing. Managers are so darn defensive when you ask a question and they don't have the answer. They keep telling me to trust them and when I say I don't, they get really upset. When they're cornered, they put you on pause for a few minutes and then come back with only what's on the script, completely ignoring the question they supposedly put you on hold for. Rogers has been pushing things with their contacts and finally got that person to admit what the black square means but none of the customer facing people have a clue about any markings on packaging.

I can't believe how much time and effort I have invested in this recall. Samsung Canada really doesn't get it, nor do they appear to care. Other Countries seem to be communicating but Canada is absolutely in the dark. I do love this phone but what's become more important now is how I feel about Samsung in general.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @wpd1

Yeah i hear you. Hopefully either Rogers or Samsung comes out with a statement explaining things. It should be Samsung really as they are the ones doing it.

When I called the number for the Note 7 recall the lady manager took offensively that I asked her why she can't give me information on my built date ( called before I found the trick using the dialler) and explained to me that if I received a unit, i should be fine. Couldn't explain why the black mark was there but said many called in about it and they think it was because of the safe models. Atleast Samsung Australia gave us some insight on why the black mark was there.

phonefan
I plan to stick around
I would feel the same way if I was in your position @wpd1. Like I posted way back the worst thing that could have happened is that a customer would have to returned an exchanged phone. Not only is their battery QC lacking but it seems they did not even check to make sure all exchange phones had a black box. That's cool if you at least had another indicator like IMEI database or at least released the exchanged phones with the green battery software update. To me the question now for most people even those who got a "verified" exchange phone is not the phone itself (note 7 is IMO still the best phone on the market) it's what type of support am I going to get from Samsung for other issues. What I heard is that internally it been a mess not that they did not have a plan in place to deal such situations but when it came time to execute they were exposed. Honestly I have over 20k of Samsung appliances if they recall one of those what will happen...? Earn our trust back if anyone from no Samsung is reading. Bad word of mouth especially from former loyal customers spreads faster than the flu.

hdresden
I plan to stick around
http://www.samsung.com/us/note7recall/

Though I would post this as there is a imei checker there now to see if you have an affected note 7 or a safe one.
Fwiw I saved the imei from the one I sent back and checked it along with my replacement. Old one gave a warning and the new one passed.

May have been mentioned but I don't feel like scrolling back 20 pages 😉

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @hdresden

Thanks for that. Yeah it was posted a couple of days ago but seems like it was updated to work for Canadians as well. Mine shows the following

" Your device is not in the list of affected devices and is not subject to this recall. If you have any other questions please contact us at 1-844-365-6197"

angelop
I plan to stick around

So 1 month tomorrow since pre order release. Return them before it is too late!

Then you can pre order a hopefully new unit with a later build date,  like what I am trying to accomplish.

Stress free no comitment --life is good.

dale2
I plan to stick around
Has everyone received there replacement note 7, I haven't received any emails or anything for mine yet.

germain18_2006
I plan to stick around
I don't. Mine is Blue, I think they have difficulty getting the Blue just yet..:(

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @dale2

Yup many of us have. The ones with Silver and Black have. I got mine a couple of days ago, same with my gf.

dale2
I plan to stick around
@meomix @Germain thanks. yea I got the blue one too. Maybe find something out tomnorow as 19th was another date samsung was mentioning

biks21
I plan to stick around

my current note 7 is so laggy/heats up really fast and when opening apps it takes a while to open, is that a common issue for anyone else? I have my replacement phone which I will pick up tomorrow but I wonder if it will improve the issue I have.

germain18_2006
I plan to stick around
Mine run flawlessly. Charge from 10% to 100% with only little warm. No lag, open apps very fast. Mine is still not the recall one yet.

dale2
I plan to stick around
Same here runs well. Took a second to open the camera the other day but hasn't done it again since . The camera is amazing on this thing by the way kills my wife's iPhone 6s

Grey_
I've been here awhile

According to the COO of Samsung Canada, the new note 7s are supposed to be available on Monday the 19th (today) and Wednesday at the latest. Why is it that Rogers or any other carrier has no information on when it will be available if sales are resuming this week? Also I purchased a note 7 before the recall happened but it was never sent to me because it got sent back during processing because of the recall. In the MyRogers page I have no information about my purchase or about a reservation. It only shows my account balance which is $0 and no other information. Hopefully they just send it to me and everything works out.

Roglebo
I plan to stick around
Hi!

Samsung details how you can identify the new Galaxy Note 7 :
http://www.sammobile.com/2016/09/19/samsung-details-how-you-can-identify-the-new-galaxy-note-7/

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Roglebo

Yes that has been mentioned before. The new update will bring us green battery indicator on the top bar to make it for the new battery and they will also add a Battery icon on the power off switch too.

" Samsung says that the icon is going to be visible in three locations: the Status Bar, the Always On Display screen as well as the Power Off prompt screen. The retail box of the new inventory also features a black square symbol which immediately lets you know that the handset inside does not have a faulty battery"

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hello @germain18_2006

Guess what I got! My backpack case! It's so beautiful!!!  Lol

germain18_2006
I plan to stick around
I'm a little confused. For someone like me who still holding the non recalled phone, will they received the updates by mistake? Or they will send updates only to those new device? For those if you who already received, is the icon green already? Confused....

wpd1
I plan to stick around
It's Samsung, we sort of, kind of will put a green battery indicator, maybe a black square and possibly we might put both. Regardless, even if you're missing one or both, trust us.....

Grey_
I've been here awhile
OK I think I figured it out.
Expect your replacements this week. If you purchased earlier and have not received one, expect new note 7s to be available by the start of October.

"Samsung has said it would resume sales in the affected markets once enough replacement phones have been issued. It will start issuing replacement devices in South Korea on Sept. 19, while U.S. replacements will start on Sept. 21." - Globe and Mail

https://sec.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-business/international-business/asian-pacific-business/sam...