Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@angelo

Good to hear, Best of luck with the next Note 7 you get.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @angelop

Yeah i seen that. Same information Samsung gave but a bit different.

They won't take back the SD cards as its final sell per say. Many companies aka Best Buy does this. Thus why u get to keep it.. Plus for them the cost is barely nothing
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix

So, I assume I take back to Rogers the first defective Note 7 for refund that I got from them? Any idea who I should return the newer replacement Note 7 to, Rogers or the drop off location Samsung provided with the new phone? Or vice Versa, old defective phone to Samsung drop off and newer defective unit to Rogers? Chicken and egg....
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @wpd1

The original unit must be sent back to Rogers as the one u got has the IMEI number tied to the contract. They won't take back the new one as the IMEI an S/N is different.

You can contact the Samsung hotline and ship to to them or drop it off at the location that is nearest to u that shows on the paper. That's the best bety
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

***PSA***
Compare devices side by side when you get your replacement. My replacement phone has a worse panel. Display is not as white or as bright as the original. Wouldn't have noticed were they not side by side. Please compare and report.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Mrnovanova

Mine is actually a bit brighter and looks cleaner lol. Actually the new one feels a bit more heavier haha.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix Yup! Scratch that. I totally forgot to remove the screen protector out of the box. That's where the yellow tint came from. 😓
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Mrnovanova

No worries! Unfortunately I can't do anything with the new Note 7. I am moving so my internet is cancelled. So i cant even transfer anything or whatever I need to do lol
I Plan to Stick Around

Well, smart switch has a SD card option (top right settings) so I imagine you could do that! That's what i did!