Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @germain18_2006

My Note 7 Battery backpack shipped out today! Should be getting it before 1:30 Monday afternoon!

Yes. Got an email saying mine will be arrived on Tuesday. But.....I want to use it on my new Note 7 not this one with protential of explosion.  I don't want my $100 got explode...lol...

I got nothing from Fedex yet do u think because my phone is Blue?

This morning, I called 1-800-SAMSUNG and trying to reach the person who'd send us the email..

Paul Brannen, 

COO, EVP Mobile Solutions  

Samsung Canada 

I can say it is a painful experience as the operator will only read their script. 

Keep asking you question.  And never give you what you are asking for.

And it's rediculous that the operator told me there is impossible to locate that person because they are not 

authorized to do that and they can't find the extension of the person as well.

Then asking me if they can see the email.  I was upset and said I don't want anymore questions just find me the person.  

Then she read their script again and gave me the phone number for registering the recall.

It's rediculous!!!  

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @germain18_2006

I received mine and have it in front of me. I opened it and smells new lol.. The problem is on the back of the device where the white sticker is, it shows 16.08. Meaning August 2016.
I Plan to Stick Around

This is totally a noob question, but now that I have my replacement note 7, do I just simply swap the sim card from my defective note 7 to the replacement?

Thanks!

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hey guys

So i was told my devices that have the Black little square on the box means it's a new unit. They said thy started doing that before Health Canada came into it and wanted the blue S on the boxes instead. They made alot of those units. Also they told me devices that were made within the last week of August had their batteries and back changed so that's why u won't see the difference. Also they said most devices in Canada already had the new battery thus why we never had any issue here. So who knows.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @roycer

Indeed you do but use Samsung Smart switch on both devices to back up and restore to the new one.
I Plan to Stick Around

So are you saying the devices made in the last week of August are actually refurbished? Backs removed and batteries replaced?
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @wpd1

The ones made last week of August most likely had the bad batteries and thus had to open them up and change them out. So they didn't want to take risks. This is what some are saying as well. It seems normal as they had so many sitting there so they must of changed the backing and the battery only and shipped them out. They are technically new seeing as they only opened them up to change the battery and back due to the seals.. So i would call it new.
I Plan to Stick Around

They are technically then considered refurbished. All the phones that go back will have the same process completed and will be sold as refurbished models.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @wpd1
When adding the New IMEI on the Hong Kong Samsung site it shows me this.

" The device of this number is not eligible for the Galaxy Note7 Replacement Program in Hong Kong and Macau. The reasons are provided below:
1. Your Galaxy Note7 was purchased from authorised re-sellers or authorised distributors in Hong Kong and Macau. The battery of this device is not provided by the affected supplier, so you can be assured that it is safe for use. Or
2. Your Galaxy Note7 was not purchased from authorised re-sellers or authorised distributors in Hong Kong and Macau. We suggest you inquire from our Customer Service Centres in Hong Kong and Macau or from the country/ region of original purchase."

Lol so maybe it is safe.
I Plan to Stick Around

Im returning my note 7 back to the rogers store tonight ---before its too late.

I preordered a new one online with rogers again. Cant !!! Wont !!! go back to iphone. Note 7 all the way  --- plus I bought a lot of accessories for it.

My note 5 with have to do for now.