cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone!!

Once again its the time of the year that Samsung announces their new Note line up. I am happy to announce that Samsung this afternoon announced the Samsung Galaxy Note 7!. The device seem to have amazing specs! Including memory SD card slot, water resistant and most of all, curved screens on both side for the Note Series and Iris scanner!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Samsung Note 7 Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help:)

3,031 REPLIES 3,031

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

wpd1
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix

No, my phone does not have the black square on the label. If you think I'm blowing this out of proportion, let me know how much you sell it for when you're ready to sell it. Without anything to distinguish it from the defective units, who wants to take a chance ?

To each their own......Samsung has done nothing to instill confidence.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @wpd1

Well many got theirs with the black sticker on it. So seems that those units were checked and not urs?. Hmm weird.

Actually the retail value will change yes but no need to try and make things look like they are at the end because u re having issues with urs.. Sorry just don't want u to speak for everyone here on this issue or judge what u don't know that will happen in the future with the resell value. I have spoken to someone that I willing to give me $850 for my new Note 7 when I comes in as he wants it. So u are telling me that others aren't willing to pay? They will if they see the indication that it's a safe model.

I see ur point and hopefully they fix ur issue. That's all that can be one. No one on here can do much other then post what's going on that's all. Don't want to start a argument so i won't go on but Hopefully urs gets changed and u end up getting a new one.

wpd1
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix

I'm not telling people what to do, simply sharing my experience with everyone so they can draw their own conclusion with their own situation. That's the purpose of this board and that's what everyone has been doing, yourself included. If you disagree with my experience or opinions, that ok to. But your role here is not to attempt to discredit what I have experienced or my opinions.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @wpd1

I fail to see why the manager said that and did that. Seems to me that response will lose customers and value of their company.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @wpd1

Well Hopefuly as i said u get a new device and this gets all fixed up. I wonder why they sent u a device without sticker on it

wpd1
I plan to stick around

All I'm trying to accomplish is having confidence in the phone they sent. The evidence suggests that I shouldn't ( manufactured before the recall, no black square on the label and no distinguishing marks to identify that it's a safe unit ). You know what they say, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck....... Every time you put a direct question  to a Samsung employee, they respond from a script that provides no direct answer. That's not reassuring. If you think I'm embelishing this in any way, try calling them yourself. If other people don't care or are trusting of Samsung's word, that's a decision that rests soley on them and if there's consequences, they'll have to deal with them when / if the time comes. Chances are, all will be fine.  At least I've shared my experience to further help them make whatever decision they feel is best for their situation.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @wpd1

That is true and Hopefully they take responsibility and change the device for u.

JeromeM
I plan to stick around

Has anyone confirmed somehow if these are un-locked phones or still locked to Rogers? Or is it one of those where when you insert your SIM it will then be locked to that carrier? Just wondering if they were able to get that detailed when sending out the replacement devices.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @JeromeM

I do believe they lock to the first sim card u put in for the carrier but i don't know. They haven't really said much.. This whole process is not good at all.

JeromeM
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix

Yeah, that's likely how it works.

Cursee
I'm here a lot

So I ended up grabbing an s7e after all of this. That being said I have 2 slick wraps that I ordered for my note 7 that I will not be needing if anyone is interested. I grabbed the clear one and a brushed black metallic one. If anyone is interested let me know. Sending these back to Kentucky may be a bit of a pain in my rear .

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @germain18_2006

My Note 7 Battery backpack shipped out today! Should be getting it before 1:30 Monday afternoon!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hey guys

So i just opened up the box and seen the device. On the back on both phones there is a white sticker which has the IMEI number, some other stuff and a date. Both phone show

16.08 as a date. Meaning August, 2016 it was built for the new one and old. That's one way of knowing as well.

germain18_2006
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @germain18_2006

My Note 7 Battery backpack shipped out today! Should be getting it before 1:30 Monday afternoon!

Yes. Got an email saying mine will be arrived on Tuesday. But.....I want to use it on my new Note 7 not this one with protential of explosion.  I don't want my $100 got explode...lol...

I got nothing from Fedex yet do u think because my phone is Blue?

This morning, I called 1-800-SAMSUNG and trying to reach the person who'd send us the email..

Paul Brannen, 

COO, EVP Mobile Solutions  

Samsung Canada 

I can say it is a painful experience as the operator will only read their script. 

Keep asking you question.  And never give you what you are asking for.

And it's rediculous that the operator told me there is impossible to locate that person because they are not 

authorized to do that and they can't find the extension of the person as well.

Then asking me if they can see the email.  I was upset and said I don't want anymore questions just find me the person.  

Then she read their script again and gave me the phone number for registering the recall.

It's rediculous!!!  

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @germain18_2006

I received mine and have it in front of me. I opened it and smells new lol.. The problem is on the back of the device where the white sticker is, it shows 16.08. Meaning August 2016.

roycer
I plan to stick around

This is totally a noob question, but now that I have my replacement note 7, do I just simply swap the sim card from my defective note 7 to the replacement?

Thanks!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hey guys

So i was told my devices that have the Black little square on the box means it's a new unit. They said thy started doing that before Health Canada came into it and wanted the blue S on the boxes instead. They made alot of those units. Also they told me devices that were made within the last week of August had their batteries and back changed so that's why u won't see the difference. Also they said most devices in Canada already had the new battery thus why we never had any issue here. So who knows.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @roycer

Indeed you do but use Samsung Smart switch on both devices to back up and restore to the new one.

wpd1
I plan to stick around
So are you saying the devices made in the last week of August are actually refurbished? Backs removed and batteries replaced?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @wpd1

The ones made last week of August most likely had the bad batteries and thus had to open them up and change them out. So they didn't want to take risks. This is what some are saying as well. It seems normal as they had so many sitting there so they must of changed the backing and the battery only and shipped them out. They are technically new seeing as they only opened them up to change the battery and back due to the seals.. So i would call it new.

wpd1
I plan to stick around
They are technically then considered refurbished. All the phones that go back will have the same process completed and will be sold as refurbished models.