Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Hello @wpd1

I fail to see why the manager said that and did that. Seems to me that response will lose customers and value of their company.
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @wpd1

Well Hopefuly as i said u get a new device and this gets all fixed up. I wonder why they sent u a device without sticker on it
wpd1
I Plan to Stick Around

All I'm trying to accomplish is having confidence in the phone they sent. The evidence suggests that I shouldn't ( manufactured before the recall, no black square on the label and no distinguishing marks to identify that it's a safe unit ). You know what they say, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck....... Every time you put a direct question  to a Samsung employee, they respond from a script that provides no direct answer. That's not reassuring. If you think I'm embelishing this in any way, try calling them yourself. If other people don't care or are trusting of Samsung's word, that's a decision that rests soley on them and if there's consequences, they'll have to deal with them when / if the time comes. Chances are, all will be fine.  At least I've shared my experience to further help them make whatever decision they feel is best for their situation.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @wpd1

That is true and Hopefully they take responsibility and change the device for u.
JeromeM
I Plan to Stick Around

Has anyone confirmed somehow if these are un-locked phones or still locked to Rogers? Or is it one of those where when you insert your SIM it will then be locked to that carrier? Just wondering if they were able to get that detailed when sending out the replacement devices.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @JeromeM

I do believe they lock to the first sim card u put in for the carrier but i don't know. They haven't really said much.. This whole process is not good at all.
JeromeM
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix

Yeah, that's likely how it works.

Cursee
I'm Here A Lot

So I ended up grabbing an s7e after all of this. That being said I have 2 slick wraps that I ordered for my note 7 that I will not be needing if anyone is interested. I grabbed the clear one and a brushed black metallic one. If anyone is interested let me know. Sending these back to Kentucky may be a bit of a pain in my rear .

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @germain18_2006

My Note 7 Battery backpack shipped out today! Should be getting it before 1:30 Monday afternoon!
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hey guys

So i just opened up the box and seen the device. On the back on both phones there is a white sticker which has the IMEI number, some other stuff and a date. Both phone show

16.08 as a date. Meaning August, 2016 it was built for the new one and old. That's one way of knowing as well.