cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone!!

Once again its the time of the year that Samsung announces their new Note line up. I am happy to announce that Samsung this afternoon announced the Samsung Galaxy Note 7!. The device seem to have amazing specs! Including memory SD card slot, water resistant and most of all, curved screens on both side for the Note Series and Iris scanner!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Samsung Note 7 Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help:)

3,031 REPLIES 3,031

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

wpd1
I plan to stick around

@dale2

Your new imei number says it needs to be returned ?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @biks21

Goodluck getting one. Check out my other thread on the iPhone. Reservations being cancelled, Apple says they don't have enough stock and the pre orders are scheduled for November with Apple.

dale2
I plan to stick around

@wpd1 No i didnt get the replacement yet just the original one i got from rogers.

germain18_2006
I plan to stick around
I had came from Iphone to Android, you'll regret if you do so, trust me. If you're worry, get the S7E

JeromeM
I plan to stick around
Craziness all around on this one, I feel bad for those who decided to have theirs shipped to Rogers if they are refusing to accept the delivery's.

The return paperwork really doesn't say that "YOU MUST RETURN" it more says the Note 7 shouldn't be disposed of so pls return to one of the indicated locations.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @JeromeM

Yeah i read that as well. I am going to keep the accessories and the Spen. That's all. My buddy is kicking both lol.

iyatos56
I plan to stick around

All this doom and gloom about the Note7 is foolish.... I don't see Kia having problems selling their vehicles which have iploding sunroofs on some 2015 models, Toyota (or was it honda?) that had their airbags recall since 2013 and is STILL an issue. Chevy motors having real bad failure rates....

These companies still have people buying from them, old or new models.

The note7 will not see any discounts or anything because of this, the most you'll get out of it is bundled tech (maybe gear S2, fits, VRs) thrown in to move product but they won't sell them at a loss to make up for a percieved "ill will" the note7 has. If you like the phone, keep it, this will blow over in a month or two and your "resale" value will hold up for trade-ins regardless of street value.

JeromeM
I plan to stick around
I agree I bet most people have no clue about the Note 7 in the first place let alone the issues and at the end of the day it's an awesome device just had a battery issue which is fixed so it's still that awesome device and as such will not be discounted by Samsung. Will the carriers offer a bit of a reduction during this transition period, maybe, but it's still a top of the line flagship.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @germain18_2006 @wpd1 @JeromeM

To b fair, the letter with the new device does NOT state when to return the existing one back nor does it tell you to return it back. Samsung will remotely blacklist your phone from what i heard if u don't send It back but they failed to tell u how long u HAVE to send it back. Thus many will tend to keep both instead. As u can see clearly the letter shows nothing of dates or anything. All it says " Its important you send it back and do not dispose it anywhere else"

JeromeM
I plan to stick around
@Meowmix

I agree I think you don't "need" to return it but people certainly should.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @JeromeM

Exactly. I called and spoke to a Samsung rep I know and he said we should but nothing can happen if we don't other then the phone receiving updates for it to be blacklisted. He also told me that won't happen for a while. The dates were given to other countries and NOT in Canada. So we COULD keep them for a week or two. He even said there is no date thus making it even easier for u to keep it for a longer time and claim u forgot or were busy lol.

germain18_2006
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @germain18_2006 @wpd1 @JeromeM

To b fair, the letter with the new device does NOT state when to return the existing one back nor does it tell you to return it back. Samsung will remotely blacklist your phone from what i heard if u don't send It back but they failed to tell u how long u HAVE to send it back. Thus many will tend to keep both instead. As u can see clearly the letter shows nothing of dates or anything. All it says " Its important you send it back and do not dispose it anywhere else"

I forgot where did I read it, it said if we didn't return it, there will be new charges on our Rogers bill.  Not sure how accurate the new is. But I won't take the chance.

germain18_2006
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @JeromeM

Exactly. I called and spoke to a Samsung rep I know and he said we should but nothing can happen if we don't other then the phone receiving updates for it to be blacklisted. He also told me that won't happen for a while. The dates were given to other countries and NOT in Canada. So we COULD keep them for a week or two. He even said there is no date thus making it even easier for u to keep it for a longer time and claim u forgot or were busy lol.

I don't know why my message had been deleted. 

I re-write again.

I forgot where I read it but it said something about if we didn't return the phone we might get a double charge on our Rogers Bill.  Not sure how accurate it is but I won't take any chance.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @germain18_2006

Well the carriers won't know unless Samsung Canada reports all the IMEI numbers which haven't gone back from us BUT it doesn't state a date.. So in reality someone can take 1-3 weeks or more to send it in.. That's Samsung Canada fault for not providing a date right? All they had to do is put " Please send back the device within XX amount of days". They did not. So if they charge you for taking a extra week of giving it back then u could fight it with them. The mail does not state no date or time frame.

JeromeM
I plan to stick around
I can't see them charging us through Rogers, but with everything that's happened I wouldn't be surprised lol

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @JeromeM

Who knows but i highly doubt they will go to the carriers and charge anyone that keeps it. They can't charge u for a phone that may is recalled lol. Plus it's their own fault for not including a time frame.

JeromeM
I plan to stick around
@Meowmix

Rogers is pretty strict about process for new charges like all that you have to agree to when you do an upgrade etc. So I don't think they would just charge it, Samsung is just scrambling to get the replacements out and fix that situation they may not be tracking things as closely as they usually would. I guess we will see!!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @JeromeM

That is correct and seeing as they are scrambling to fix this issue, I don't think they will pay attention to the devices being sent back until later on. We shall see.

dale2
I plan to stick around

Lets not give them ideas maybe a samsung rep has been reading our posts. lol

wpd1
I plan to stick around

What  a disorganized flippin mess this recall is. i certainly hope more than a few people are unemployed because of this.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @dale2

Let them read the posts. They will know that they failed to provide us a firm date to when we should send them back or what to do with the accessories although many will keep the accessories as the letter ONLY states for the device to be sent back.

Also i read on MS that someone said that Samsung said they would deactivate the devices but no where do I see that.