Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
iyatos56
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

All this doom and gloom about the Note7 is foolish.... I don't see Kia having problems selling their vehicles which have iploding sunroofs on some 2015 models, Toyota (or was it honda?) that had their airbags recall since 2013 and is STILL an issue. Chevy motors having real bad failure rates....

These companies still have people buying from them, old or new models.

The note7 will not see any discounts or anything because of this, the most you'll get out of it is bundled tech (maybe gear S2, fits, VRs) thrown in to move product but they won't sell them at a loss to make up for a percieved "ill will" the note7 has. If you like the phone, keep it, this will blow over in a month or two and your "resale" value will hold up for trade-ins regardless of street value.

JeromeM
I Plan to Stick Around

I agree I bet most people have no clue about the Note 7 in the first place let alone the issues and at the end of the day it's an awesome device just had a battery issue which is fixed so it's still that awesome device and as such will not be discounted by Samsung. Will the carriers offer a bit of a reduction during this transition period, maybe, but it's still a top of the line flagship.
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @germain18_2006 @wpd1 @JeromeM

To b fair, the letter with the new device does NOT state when to return the existing one back nor does it tell you to return it back. Samsung will remotely blacklist your phone from what i heard if u don't send It back but they failed to tell u how long u HAVE to send it back. Thus many will tend to keep both instead. As u can see clearly the letter shows nothing of dates or anything. All it says " Its important you send it back and do not dispose it anywhere else"
JeromeM
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix

I agree I think you don't "need" to return it but people certainly should.
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @JeromeM

Exactly. I called and spoke to a Samsung rep I know and he said we should but nothing can happen if we don't other then the phone receiving updates for it to be blacklisted. He also told me that won't happen for a while. The dates were given to other countries and NOT in Canada. So we COULD keep them for a week or two. He even said there is no date thus making it even easier for u to keep it for a longer time and claim u forgot or were busy lol.
germain18_2006
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @germain18_2006 @wpd1 @JeromeM

To b fair, the letter with the new device does NOT state when to return the existing one back nor does it tell you to return it back. Samsung will remotely blacklist your phone from what i heard if u don't send It back but they failed to tell u how long u HAVE to send it back. Thus many will tend to keep both instead. As u can see clearly the letter shows nothing of dates or anything. All it says " Its important you send it back and do not dispose it anywhere else"

I forgot where did I read it, it said if we didn't return it, there will be new charges on our Rogers bill.  Not sure how accurate the new is. But I won't take the chance.

germain18_2006
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @JeromeM

Exactly. I called and spoke to a Samsung rep I know and he said we should but nothing can happen if we don't other then the phone receiving updates for it to be blacklisted. He also told me that won't happen for a while. The dates were given to other countries and NOT in Canada. So we COULD keep them for a week or two. He even said there is no date thus making it even easier for u to keep it for a longer time and claim u forgot or were busy lol.

I don't know why my message had been deleted. 

I re-write again.

I forgot where I read it but it said something about if we didn't return the phone we might get a double charge on our Rogers Bill.  Not sure how accurate it is but I won't take any chance.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @germain18_2006

Well the carriers won't know unless Samsung Canada reports all the IMEI numbers which haven't gone back from us BUT it doesn't state a date.. So in reality someone can take 1-3 weeks or more to send it in.. That's Samsung Canada fault for not providing a date right? All they had to do is put " Please send back the device within XX amount of days". They did not. So if they charge you for taking a extra week of giving it back then u could fight it with them. The mail does not state no date or time frame.
JeromeM
I Plan to Stick Around

I can't see them charging us through Rogers, but with everything that's happened I wouldn't be surprised lol
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @JeromeM

Who knows but i highly doubt they will go to the carriers and charge anyone that keeps it. They can't charge u for a phone that may is recalled lol. Plus it's their own fault for not including a time frame.