Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Not trying to defend samsung or anything, i'm just as confused, but i was thinking maybe they just had some models with the chinese made batteries that were made before  and those are what they are shipping out. I havent recieved a tracking number or fedex slip but im in alberta so might take longer seems like most of you are in ontario..... 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @dale2

I am trying to think the same. The only way to know if Samsung Canada comes out and makes a comment on this.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @wpd1

Samsung doesn't have only one plant to built the batteries. They have several around the world.. So indeed it could well be the good batch.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@dale2

If that were the case, you would think they would know about it.

The problem, regardless, is that they have not provided any visual reference to support or provide comfort that you have a safe phone. It's idiotic ( not you, the situation ) that they would think having no point of reference would provide relief and maintain value. I can't sell this phone to anyone as is without having some doubt that this will cause damages in the future, let alone get a fair $ value for it. Who's going to buy this phone a year from now ?

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Guess I'll call Samsung and ask what to do now since I have the S7 Edge. Just got my replacement Note delivered
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

So, those who've got it, what is the procedure to return the phone? What will happen if we don't actually return it?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Keep us posted. Wouldn't mind having a free phone out of this fiasco lol

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

You must return it to A designated return depot. List provided in the box. No word on how long you have to return it.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @wpd1

The truth is we could keep is as Samsung can't change us the device without any bill or anything. They might just cut the service off
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Yea they might report it stolen or something as they have the imei then you wouldnt be able to register with any company rogers bell etc. but hey alot of other stuff you can do with it and if one blows up i guess it was justified to keep it anyway.