cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone!!

Once again its the time of the year that Samsung announces their new Note line up. I am happy to announce that Samsung this afternoon announced the Samsung Galaxy Note 7!. The device seem to have amazing specs! Including memory SD card slot, water resistant and most of all, curved screens on both side for the Note Series and Iris scanner!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Samsung Note 7 Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help:)

3,031 REPLIES 3,031

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

phonefan
I plan to stick around

Hey @wpd1

This is what I am worried about most (i.e. travelling) especially if there is nothing openly visible to distinguish between the old and new.  The whole recall has been messy to say the least and very uncoordinated...incredibly disappointing for loyal consumers (almost all my appliances and TV are even Samsung).  This might seriously be my last Samsung phone or even product if they continue this way.  

I think the green battery indicator might be a OTA software update if it is true but come on why release the replacement phones when everything else is still not ready? I thought the replacement boxes will have a blue S or something at least...

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @wpd1 and @germain18_2006

Maybe this is why the suspended the shipments of many and didn't give them the tracking number. Maybe those who got theirs today are from the fiat batch which didn't get checked from Heath Canada or got the sticker

phonefan
I plan to stick around

No one I know right now wants this phone even my hardcore techie buddies (they rather wait for the S8 if they are still going with Samsung). The Note 7 might go down as one of the biggest tech blunders in history but because of the tech but business practices...

wpd1
I plan to stick around

I'm on chat with Samsung. They're taking an awfully long time to find the answer

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @phonefan

Thats true. They haven't done anything right other then doing the recall. Seems even then some are getting phones without any indication of it being a new replacement or one of the same ones. Fail to the max here.

phonefan
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix

Doesn't affect me since I didn't get the replacement phone yet alone shipping notice yet but if that is true then it is complete embarrassment.  If I was one who received a replacement phone and then they recall that phone again I would just switch to Apple seriously.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @phonefan

Yeah i and my gf haven't received the email for the tracking as well so Hopefully we see what happens. I feel bad for the ones today. Total fail.

phonefan
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix

Agreed. At this point no one should be returning back their original accessories. That is our self-appointed "token" lol.

wpd1
I plan to stick around

This is Samsung's way of telling the difference.... Effectively it boils down to " trust me "

"Nadal: You need not to worry. It is not possible to visually determine, however, we have identified the issue with the previous device and fix the issue on the replacement device. It is safe to use now."

germain18_2006
I plan to stick around
I will never switch to Apple until death. I will separate a good product(with good battery) with bad business practice. Frankly, my existing Note 7 work flawlessly so far no lags at all. And this morning when I looked at the almost border less screen and see the ugly iphone with thick border, I just love this phone more. Just my 2cents

cubordinate
I plan to stick around

So I had requested the phone be delivered to my store where I purchased it on the form. 

Seems like this might be a big mistake as I called the store and they are saying they have thier own process of returning phones and don't think they can sign for a phone to come in that way!

I tried calling into Samsung Canada to have the them change the address and they are not equipped to even transfer a call or to track down who is handling the recall. 

If they call you I would have them send it to your home or work just in case.  Rogers staff member was telling me he couldn't accept it if it was shipped there even though it was an option on the website! "Got to confirm with corporate".

I honestly would just take the phone back for a complete refund if it was not the best phone on the market.....What am I supposed to replace it with?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @phonefan

That is what i am doing. Keeping the accessories. They can't force u to send back the headphones as that's a no with Health Canada and the chargers they make millions of them in bulk so they shouldn't have to worry

phonefan
I plan to stick around

@wpd1

Wow that is bad. Total fail like @Meowmix said. Guess no travelling with this phone...aka it be regulated to a home media device. Thank goodness this is a corporate phone for me so I guess I will just ask my company admin to order me a V20 lol.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @phonefan

The carriers can only give u a refund or exchange it for another Samsung model like the S7 or S7 Edge. I asked many reps and managers this. Also under the recall it states that too. So returning it would be the best idea.

wpd1
I plan to stick around

Yup, just finished up with Samsung. No way to differentiate between defective and replacement. Based on what we have read, perhaps they plan to kill off, through software update, all defective units by a certain date. Still, this is really an issue that Samsung seems to have missed the boat on. This effects the value of the phone, not to mention the inconvienence of dealing with its ban from use in certain places. What a fiasco.

phonefan
I plan to stick around

Hey @Meowmix

No worries I will just have two phones since it is corporate for me it gets charged to my company.  I still want the Note 7 but I can't see it being my everyday phone especially if I will have problems travelling with it and I travel for business so....

comcry
I plan to stick around
Hey. I'm in the exact same boat. Kicking myself for sending replacement to store. I called Samsung and after being put through to three different numbers the last guy said I had to speak to technical support. I said I've been put through the loop enough and he said he'd try to help me. He escalated it to his supervisor, gave me a ticket number and said I'd receive a call in 1-2 days. I have a feeling I messed it up even more and now I won't receive anything. If they can't successfully manage the task at hand how would they ever successfully manage changes and request. This is so frustrating. I'm very worried about resale as I like to flip phones every year. But no other phone compares. I'm one of the few that loves and uses the note feature. Bigger is better to me and I agree re borderless vs ugly iPhone borders. Dilemmas Dilemmas. 😔

wpd1
I plan to stick around

I'm considering returning the Note 7. I do love this phone but with only a few days left available to return and nothing to maintain the phones value, it's ridiclous to pay $ 1049 for a phone that now has a poor reputation and no way to distinguish itself from a safety hazard. And Samsung is satisfied with " trust me " ? How do we know this is actually a " new " phone and not a refurbished device ( take existing inventory and replace the battery ),  thereby impacting water resistance. " Trust me " is not going to do it.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @wpd1

Exactly. Honestly this is a shame

Dx9
I'm a reliable contributor
Wow this is crazy. I feel better now returning the Note 7 for the S7 Edge especially for the price I got it for. Loving the S7 Edge. What a disappointment the Note 7 fiasco has been. Maybe ill look at the Note 8 next year but this got crazy.

wpd1
I plan to stick around

Just had Samsung check the imei and the replacement phone they sent me was manufactured on 29 Aug, 16. The recall was announced on 2 Sep, 16. . ?