Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dale2
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

@meomix that was from some random redditor if you read the article now it's says at the bottom that samsung never made the statement that they are going to deactivate the device so who knows did what the redditor says is true. Just have to wait and see I guess. 3 more days and hopefully we get our ups tracking and all this can be put to bed.

dale2
I Plan to Stick Around

@phonefan Yea I received my ups tracking for my gift a few days ago so it seems they are still sending them out.

phonefan
I Plan to Stick Around

@dale2

Lucky you must have caught the wave before the tsunami so to speak...honestly my issues with my pre-order gift have been much more frustrating than the phone recall lol. 

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @dale2

If you read the whole thing on the bottom it only indicates about the deactivation of the devices not about the free gifts...

"Update 9/12: Since publishing, Android Central has obtained a statement from Samsung regarding this matter and the company has confirmed it is “not something the company stated.” While this would have been a great way to ensure consumer safety, Samsung has made it clear that deactivating devices won’t be happening anytime soon and that all official guidance on the recall will be published on the company’s website."

This is where they got that post from.

http://m.androidcentral.com/samsung-refutes-note-7-remote-deactivation-reports

phonefan
I Plan to Stick Around

I was just checking Samsung Singapore's website (which has more information about the exchange program than Samsung Canada) and a couple interesting notes (not sure if it applies to us though):

I attached accessories on it, such as screen protector. Can I get it back?

Unfortunately, we are unable to replace your original screen protector. However, we are offering a token of appreciation and it will be given during the exchange.

Can I still exchange if I have lost some of my accessories or the box?
Yes, you can still exchange for a new and complete set of Galaxy Note7 even if you do not have a full set of accessories and box for your current Galaxy Note7.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @phonefan

Me thinks that I will be keeping all the accessories from the current box and just shipping back the box empty with the device lol.

I think many will do that hahaha.

dale2
I Plan to Stick Around

@meomix yea I read it . I was just commenting on the person's reliability. But hey im definitely for a free VR or something who doesn't tlike free stuff. Just don't wanna get my hopes up. Lol

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @dale2

If 9to5Google and AndroudAuthority posts it, it's real. Yeah so am i! I got the Gear VR with my S7 Edge in March but can't use it with the Note 7 lol

Cursee
I'm Here A Lot

Hey @phonefan I actually bought a new samsung battery, and for some reason it won't charge past 76 %. Hah. I loved the note 4, it was great, but about 2 months ago I started having these issues out of the blue. Either way, I'll probably wait for the note 7, because it sounds like it's going to be a wait for a s7e as well. So I might as well wait for the one I actually want. The gifts are a bonus. I just hope that I still get to choose one when I pick up my phone. I guess you were to get a voucher or something with a code on it when the phone arrived? I've never pre ordered, so this is all new to me. Fingers crossed I wont have to wait long.
iyatos56
I Plan to Stick Around

@phonefan

How'd you get in contact with the providers about your preorder gift? I talked to samsung and they seemed pretty nonchalant about the whole thing.