cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hey everyone!!

Once again its the time of the year that Samsung announces their new Note line up. I am happy to announce that Samsung this afternoon announced the Samsung Galaxy Note 7!. The device seem to have amazing specs! Including memory SD card slot, water resistant and most of all, curved screens on both side for the Note Series and Iris scanner!



1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Samsung Note 7 Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.


2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.


3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.


For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ


4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help:)

3,031 REPLIES 3,031

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @wpd1

I believe it was a Evo. I have a 128GB Evo+ card and the memory card I got is still in the box.

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

nickf
I Plan to Stick Around

Has anyone else not received any emails regarding the replacement Note7?

 

I submitted my form in the afternoon last Thursday (Sept 8, 16) and never received the email confirmation like some of you did here. I figured it was because of the weekend but was just wondering if there is anyone else on the same/similar boat.

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @nickf

Check your spam folder just incase.. Sometimes it can hide in there. I know one person that didn't receive a email but is just waiting. It's most likely due to Heath Canada now getting involved so they might stop the emails too.

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

rome1
I'm Here A Lot

Is Rogers personally giving any kind of compensation for this issue?
 

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @rome1

Rogers won't as its not a Rogers issues or network issue. This is a Samsung issue which Samsung Canada is giving all customers new replacements of Note 7 units. No carrier is compensation of anything to do with this as its not a carrier issue.

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Kelshaer
I've Been Here Awhile
Yes.
I did the form past friday and didn't get a confirmation email. However, I saved a screen shot of the confirmation web page after submitting the form

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Kelshaer

Thats good to do because you can use that ID number if anything. Again most likely due o other reasons they stopped emailing

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

rome1
I'm Here A Lot

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @rome1

Rogers won't as its not a Rogers issues or network issue. This is a Samsung issue which Samsung Canada is giving all customers new replacements of Note 7 units. No carrier is compensation of anything to do with this as its not a carrier issue.

Do you know if samsung is giving any compensation for this, or are they just replacing the phone?

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @rome1

Samsung Canada has yet said anything about competition for customers with the Note 7 but i wouldn't be surprised if the added something in the box. France, India and some other places are getting a free Gear VR meanwhile the US is only getting $25 credit. Again i really don't care about anything extra. They are actually giving us a brand new replacement so that's all good for me. Anything extra is great but honestly I don't care. They screwed up and recalling the devices and giving us a new one. We shall see what happens.

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

nickf
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @rome1

Samsung Canada has yet said anything about competition for customers with the Note 7 but i wouldn't be surprised if the added something in the box. France, India and some other places are getting a free Gear VR meanwhile the US is only getting $25 credit. Again i really don't care about anything extra. They are actually giving us a brand new replacement so that's all good for me. Anything extra is great but honestly I don't care. They screwed up and recalling the devices and giving us a new one. We shall see what happens.

It’s really quite shocking to me to see how greedy some people are. Samsung made a mistake and owned up to it, taking up a multi-billion dollar loss to ensure your safety - all within a very reasonable timeframe. Yet some people are only worried about churning out as much freebies as possible through this entire process.

 

If this experience has inconvenienced you a lot and left a bad taste in your mouth, then simply don’t buy a Samsung product ever again. They’re offering you a full & extended refund policy for your device too, allowing you to keep your pre-order gifts and all. You honestly ain’t losing much, if anything at all.

 

Btw, definitely not directing it at you @Meowmix. In case it was not obvious.

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

phonefan
I Plan to Stick Around

I don't think anyone is not appreciative of Samsung the problem is when you have Samsung US giving this and Samsung India giving that but Samsung Canada giving nothing. We are not comparing providers here. In this case it really makes it look like Canadian customers are getting shortchanged.

FYI I chatted with a Samsung rep the other day and he said there are no plans to give anything for Canadian consumers.

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Hey . You seem to know most of what is going on. I'm just curious if you or anyone else on this forum happen to know about when the devices are expected to land in Canada. I know it's a huge hurdle for Samsung to jump, but I'm just wondering if it's going to be a long wait. I just talked to a guy at my Rogers store up here in muskoka, and he didn't seem to really know. He said, "if I had to guess, mid October", which seems like a long time, and a clueless guess. I pre ordered, and the day it arrived at the store they issued the recall, so I just missed grabbing it. Which leaves me wondering if I'll be able to get my hands of those lovely perks that lured me into upgrading a couple of months the early. The pre order page still says shipped, nothing has been updated on that, and i was hoping that maybe it would reset the number countdown again, just so I can have an idea of arrival. I was also considering going to an S7 edge, should the perks not be available and the phone take a long time to come.. But apparently they are back ordered.. Should have seen that coming. Anyway, if you or anyone else know anything, please feel free to share it with me. I'm tired of carrying a charger with me everywhere to power up my note 4 every couple of hours because it shuts itself off at 40 % or so, and I'm pretty eager to get my hands on a new phone.. Also thanks for being so informative in this forum, I think I've read the whole thing front to back twice now.

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

nickf
I Plan to Stick Around

@phonefan wrote:
I don't think anyone is not appreciative of Samsung the problem is when you have Samsung US giving this and Samsung India giving that but Samsung Canada giving nothing. We are not comparing providers here. In this case it really makes it look like Canadian customers are getting shortchanged.

FYI I chatted with a Samsung rep the other day and he said there are no plans to give anything for Canadian consumers.

Fair, but at the same time we all have choices. If you feel maltreated then you can refund your device and never look back again. Thank goodness there are competitions. Also, different countries have very different infrastructures and consumers, and employ different strategies to market their brands. 

 

I feel the same as @Meowmix, just be grateful for what they're already doing. 

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @Cursee

It all depends on Samsung Canada and how much stock they have. I got m replacement email as many did and said it should ship out September 15th.

If you are looking for get a new one from a store then it all depends. No one here knows the exact timing of that.

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @phonefan


Again it may come in the box without anyone knowing. That is a possibility or them offering a $25 gift card like the US is getting. I rather get a phone that is working without issues the a gift imo

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

wpd1
I Plan to Stick Around

@nickf

 

You are certainly entitled to your opinion but don't assume your opinion  is how everyone should feel, nor suggest that those who do not share your perspective are wrong.

 

I purchased a product that was not safe, putting my family and property at risk. The freebies received were for preordering a safe phone so let's not include these as an excuse to manufacture something that has put risk to the consumers safety. Yes, Samsung is doing the right thing by replacing the phone however, that says nothing about the risk they put on me, not to mention the hassle of having to setup another phone and / or cost of any protection applied to the unsafe phone. From a marketing perspective, they should be concerned about how the consumer feels about Samsung and any future purchase. Samsung is not spending billions just because they are nice guys, they know there's a serious problem with these devices and this is the least over all cost impact option. As the days go by, more and more phones keep exploding (why these people are still using the device is another story).

 

All this said, I'm more focused on how compensation is being applied differently by regions. It's already said that India and France are receiving Gear VR, the USA is receiving $25 vouchers and we are yet to see what, if any will be offered to Canadians. We will see when the time comes. 

 

Again, this is just my thoughts and how I feel.

 

 

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

rome1
I'm Here A Lot

@nickf wrote:

@phonefan wrote:
I don't think anyone is not appreciative of Samsung the problem is when you have Samsung US giving this and Samsung India giving that but Samsung Canada giving nothing. We are not comparing providers here. In this case it really makes it look like Canadian customers are getting shortchanged.

FYI I chatted with a Samsung rep the other day and he said there are no plans to give anything for Canadian consumers.

Fair, but at the same time we all have choices. If you feel maltreated then you can refund your device and never look back again. Thank goodness there are competitions. Also, different countries have very different infrastructures and consumers, and employ different strategies to market their brands. 

 

I feel the same as @Meowmix, just be grateful for what they're already doing. 


Yes but at the end of the day its about what is fair and what is right. If Samsung is saying hey every country will get a free Gear VR for the inconvience we had caused but Canada you get nothing, it just doesn't make sense. Power users want to best and the most out of every product they purchase. Purchasing a phone for $1000+ I would expect the same advantages as everyone else. If you think people are greedy now about what Samsung plans to do about this and provide for the inconvience wait till they release the Note 7 6GB 128HD in China (If they do).

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

nickf
I Plan to Stick Around

@wpd1 wrote:

@nickf

 

You are certainly entitled to your opinion but don't assume your opinion  is how everyone should feel, nor suggest that those who do not share your perspective are wrong.

 

I purchased a product that was not safe, putting my family and property at risk. The freebies received were for preordering a safe phone so let's not include these as an excuse to manufacture something that has put risk to the consumers safety. Yes, Samsung is doing the right thing by replacing the phone however, that says nothing about the risk they put on me, not to mention the hassle of having to setup another phone and / or cost of any protection applied to the unsafe phone. From a marketing perspective, they should be concerned about how the consumer feels about Samsung and any future purchase. Samsung is not spending billions just because they are nice guys, they know there's a serious problem with these devices and this is the least over all cost impact option. As the days go by, more and more phones keep exploding (why these people are still using the device is another story).

 

All this said, I'm more focused on how compensation is being applied differently by regions. It's already said that India and France are receiving Gear VR, the USA is receiving $25 vouchers and we are yet to see what, if any will be offered to Canadians. We will see when the time comes. 

 

Again, this is just my thoughts and how I feel.

 

 


True. But then again, you can always just walk away if you feel that you're being maltreated or that they're doing marketing/PR wrong. And Samsung has made that a very reasonable, apparent, and viable option for you. And when you DO walk away, you get to keep your pre-order bonuses -- so yes, it CAN be put into the conversation of compensation.

 

If safety is the only concern then why are people worried about getting some small gifts? was that the sacrifice we have bargained for? Is $25 or a gear VR worth our safety? These trivial things shouldn't even be put into the same conversation as our safety to begin with. If people seriously feel that a mere $25 is the ultimate make-or-break threshold for being okay with everything then I honestly feel bad for these deprived human beings.

 

Samsung screwed up, they apologized, they found a solution, and they executed everything in a very short period of time. I am not pitying them by any means but I honestly do think that what they have done so far is far from unreasonable.

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

iyatos56
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm still suprised I havent heard anytrhing about my preorder gift as of yet.... it's almost 4 weeks and not a peep (i know it can be 4-6 but I had friends not get their "gift" from another promo samsung did on fathers day....)

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello @iyatos56

Most likely spending the time fixing the issues with the Note 7 and then sending out the remaining gifts. Most likely seeing that instead.

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

phonefan
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey @Meowmix,

 

I wouldn't mind a nice surprise even if it is just a free USB C adapter.  Honestly if Canada's replacement program runs smoother and we get our new phone a week earlier than other countries I would be content with that alone but from a marketing/PR perspective it doesn't look good to have this inconsistency between replacement programs. I can understand providers doing things different between each other because in the end it is competition but this is just Samsung.