Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Hello @dale2

Yes i read that as well about the "S" on them. That's a good thing though. Also i would be laughing if that happened lol.
phonefan
I Plan to Stick Around

@germain18_2006

Exactly I am strongly leaning on keeping the Note 7. I purposely held out on the S7E for the Note and my wife has the S7 which is too small for my tastes. I am less concern about the battery than the travel bans and limitations LOL but I am sure that will be cleared up once the recall is done. Otherwise at least it gives me a chance to use my Note 4 again which is still a great phone even today.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @phonefan

I am going to use my BlackBerry Passport for the time being until I get the new replacement 🙂
phonefan
I Plan to Stick Around

I am actually still using my Note 7 full-time until I get my replacement but am careful when charging but I still use my Note 4 for media or when my Note 7 is charging...I love the Note 4.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @phonefan

Oh yeah that is what i wanted to do as well. I haven't started using my Passport yet so we shall see
dale2
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix If we go in for a loaner do we have to give the note 7 to rogers, i ask because i'm doing the exchange through my home address.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @dale2

Yes you do. That's the only way they will give out a loaner phone. So you give them ur Note 7 and they will end it into "Repair" and give u a loaner phone. ( it won't be a similar phone to the Note 7 just making that clear). Then they will send u a Note 7 when the get a replacement one.
Kelshaer
I've Been Here Awhile

I am still using my note 7 with no issues at all and I really love it. Overcharged it several times wirelessly and wired and the battery never heated or even got warm. I am going to replace it with the new note 7. My only concern is the airlines ban. I am a frequent oversees traveller. I usually fly on star alliance airlines and uptil the moment none of them banned the note 7. But who knows if they will.
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Kelshaer

I leave mine to charger overnight on the Wireless Stand charger every night. Nothing so far so good. Hopefully they won't for ur sake but they won't be banning them. All they ask is for u to turn off ur phone and not use it while in the Airlines.
Kelshaer
I've Been Here Awhile

It will be as bad to switch it off even. My flights are usually more than 10 hours.