cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone!!

Once again its the time of the year that Samsung announces their new Note line up. I am happy to announce that Samsung this afternoon announced the Samsung Galaxy Note 7!. The device seem to have amazing specs! Including memory SD card slot, water resistant and most of all, curved screens on both side for the Note Series and Iris scanner!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Samsung Note 7 Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help:)

3,031 REPLIES 3,031

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Dx9
I'm a reliable contributor

Well I took the plunge and returned the Note today at Rogers for the S7 Edge. came down to all the recall stuff etc. Got the S7 Edge for $359 plus I got the $200 trade in transferred over as well. Can't go wrong with $159.

As I said before I go through phones on a reg basis and I def see the Note 7 taking a big hit on resale value when I try to sell it. I didnt use the Spen as much as I should have. The S7 Edge feels like the Note without the Spen and Iris scanner. I mean it has the very good Exyos 8890 CPU and has the same exact camera as the Note 7.

When my Replacement Note shows up I'll just send it back. I'll be waiting for the Note 8

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Dx9

Well then glad you got the S7 Edge! Yeah as u said once the replacement ships to u, just send it back or reject it at the door.

JeromeM
I plan to stick around
@Dx9

I did the exact same thing today lol got the trade in transfered + they said I could keep the 64gb SD card and I have the gear fit 2 already so it's like I pre ordered S7E instead 🙂

I used Smart Switch on my PC to backup the Note 7 then restored on the S7E and was mostly all there which was nice.

So far loving it!

Now I have 3 nice Note 7 cases I have no use for and I have to order S7E cases!

I had called Samsung to tell them not to ship me a replacement Note 7 via the number on their replacement website, the lady had no clue so I'm sure they will still ship a Note 7 out that I will have to return.

Dx9
I'm a reliable contributor
@JermoneM

Too funny. After reading all that stuff with the Note 7 I decided that's it. Wanted to stay with Sammy since I just got a wireless charger the day I got the Note 3 weeks ago. I have 2 cases for the Note. Both were $20 each so not bad. I did get a casemate case at Rogers today though. I actually had 3 cases for the Note so I was able to return the one I got the day I got the Note. I do want to get a Spigen case off Amazon though.

Yeah I'm liking it so far. A little smaller and lighter than the Note. Getting very good battery life already. I know the battery life is very good with the S7 Edge with the bigger battery and coupled with the 8890 OctaCore CPU. Happy I made the switch plus was able to keep the 64GB card and was $200 cheaper than the Note 7.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @JeromeM

I know some people that did that but I am sticking to the Note 7. I had the S7edge before so I know it is an whatnot but love to Note 7.

germain18_2006
I plan to stick around
Same here. Once we got the new one, it's all safe and good. Also read some prediction report saying Iphone won't get too much advantage since it still sucks...lol

dale2
I plan to stick around

It would be funny if there was some crazy free gift with the new note 7 and people tried to switch back. Plus i read that the new note 7 which were going to be shipped will have a "S" sticker on the box deeming them safe.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @germain18_2006

Well since I am handling the thread for the iPhone reservations as well, it seems some are at 500+ for the Jet Black color. So who knows. Plus Apple's site shows November for shipping if u go now. Same was 4 hrs after the pre order opened. So who knows.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @dale2

Yes i read that as well about the "S" on them. That's a good thing though. Also i would be laughing if that happened lol.

phonefan
I plan to stick around

@germain18_2006

Exactly I am strongly leaning on keeping the Note 7. I purposely held out on the S7E for the Note and my wife has the S7 which is too small for my tastes. I am less concern about the battery than the travel bans and limitations LOL but I am sure that will be cleared up once the recall is done. Otherwise at least it gives me a chance to use my Note 4 again which is still a great phone even today.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @phonefan

I am going to use my BlackBerry Passport for the time being until I get the new replacement 🙂

phonefan
I plan to stick around

I am actually still using my Note 7 full-time until I get my replacement but am careful when charging but I still use my Note 4 for media or when my Note 7 is charging...I love the Note 4.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @phonefan

Oh yeah that is what i wanted to do as well. I haven't started using my Passport yet so we shall see

dale2
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix If we go in for a loaner do we have to give the note 7 to rogers, i ask because i'm doing the exchange through my home address.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @dale2

Yes you do. That's the only way they will give out a loaner phone. So you give them ur Note 7 and they will end it into "Repair" and give u a loaner phone. ( it won't be a similar phone to the Note 7 just making that clear). Then they will send u a Note 7 when the get a replacement one.

Kelshaer
I've been here awhile
I am still using my note 7 with no issues at all and I really love it. Overcharged it several times wirelessly and wired and the battery never heated or even got warm. I am going to replace it with the new note 7. My only concern is the airlines ban. I am a frequent oversees traveller. I usually fly on star alliance airlines and uptil the moment none of them banned the note 7. But who knows if they will.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Kelshaer

I leave mine to charger overnight on the Wireless Stand charger every night. Nothing so far so good. Hopefully they won't for ur sake but they won't be banning them. All they ask is for u to turn off ur phone and not use it while in the Airlines.

Kelshaer
I've been here awhile

It will be as bad to switch it off even. My flights are usually more than 10 hours.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Kelshaer

Well Hopefully before u go on the trip, they send one out unless you know someone that can lone you a phone for the time being

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hey guys!

So i just read this as well. It's from Samsung France.

" Perhaps the most interesting part of this process is what Samsung has planned for any defective units that remain in customer’s hands. Apparently, Samsung is planning to remotely deactivate any recalled Note 7 unit starting on September 30th. While some customers may not be happy about this, I honestly think this is a great way to handle the situation. By sending a new unit ahead of time and deactivating the old one if the customer doesn’t return it, Samsung ensures that those devices don’t cause any harm."

They as well will get a a free Gear VR in the box with the new replacement.

wpd1
I plan to stick around
On another topic, the 64gb memory card that most received wirth the preorders, what type did you receive? Was it the EVO or EVO+?