cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone!!

Once again its the time of the year that Samsung announces their new Note line up. I am happy to announce that Samsung this afternoon announced the Samsung Galaxy Note 7!. The device seem to have amazing specs! Including memory SD card slot, water resistant and most of all, curved screens on both side for the Note Series and Iris scanner!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Samsung Note 7 Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help:)

3,031 REPLIES 3,031

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

phonefan
I plan to stick around
Yeah it is a shame because the Note 7 is the best phone I ever owned. Prior to that it was the Note 4 which is probably still my favorite phone all-time.

At this rate the governments may as well ban travel to Miami for the risk of catching Zika which probably has higher probability...

germain18_2006
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @wpd1

Yes because they are scared the risk you cause serious problems. ( Blowing up planes, trains and other transit systems). Also if a device explodes in crowd, the police may think it's a bomb and Ywah.

IMO US is a joke, they are protecting Apple more than anything else.  Why don't they ban the Iphone as well when there is already incidents that the Iphone on fire in the plane.  It just BS to me. 

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/iphone-6-fire-flames-explodes-on-fligh...

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @phonefan

You know my gf said the last thing ( last part in ur post). They make it a big deal which it kinda is but they are taking it way to far now. Anyways hopefully everything calms down within a week or two and move on

phonefan
I plan to stick around
It is not just the US though many airlines I use while I am in Asia have banned it so can't say it is an Apple conspiracy completely. I heard Samsung will mark boxes with new Notes with something distinct. Does that mean i need to show the box during security check lol... honestly they should just quickly brand a Note 7S and the only difference is the new battery lol

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @germain18_2006

Yup i made that same comment on 9to5Mac and got bashed by the Apple fan boys telling me that it never happened and they aren't like Samsung. Lol its a joke.

germain18_2006
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @germain18_2006

Yup i made that same comment on 9to5Mac and got bashed by the Apple fan boys telling me that it never happened and they aren't like Samsung. Lol its a joke.

Exactly, go to Youtube and search Iphone explosion, and look at the date Apple fan boys....they exploded way way earlier.  Why didn't Apple say anything or recall them? Cuz they are a piece of ....

When their antena has a problem, they will say the user holding it wrong. When their phone exploded, they'll say user not using it correctly...it's always the consumers fault...Apple you're welcome. 

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @germain18_2006

Remember, Apple can get away with anything because everyone will believe what they say to the public. It's been known but unfortunately so many do not care and make comments about other manufacturers having issues but never once did they take responsibility. Oh well what can we do other then buy other devices.

phonefan
I plan to stick around
I never really cared for the Apple vs Android debate cause in the end it is comparing apples to oranges. I can't say I always agreed with Apple's marketing tactics even though it is very successful but their fanboys is what makes me sick of Apple more than anything else.

germain18_2006
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @germain18_2006

Remember, Apple can get away with anything because everyone will believe what they say to the public. It's been known but unfortunately so many do not care and make comments about other manufacturers having issues but never once did they take responsibility. Oh well what can we do other then buy other devices.

That's why I don't buy Apple anymore otherwise I will be like one of those people who only believe whatever they say but not think with their brain ...LOL...

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @phonefan

Oh i agree. I never paid attention to it other then the part about suing about round corners and acting that they made the smartphone lol. Anyways let's not get off topic here.

ZZAKIR
I plan to stick around
@Meowmix

Have you heard anybody say there note 7 is glitchy? Spotify almost never works. Uber always has issues. I can't even go through my photos without the phone spazzing. And it freezes if I use the default video player to watch the videos I recorded with the camera. Very frustrating and pushing me closer and closer towards the iPhone 7 plus. I know thats a bold statement but if thus phone is lacking in basic areas then that's a problem.

germain18_2006
I plan to stick around

@phonefan wrote:
I never really cared for the Apple vs Android debate cause in the end it is comparing apples to oranges. I can't say I always agreed with Apple's marketing tactics even though it is very successful but their fanboys is what makes me sick of Apple more than anything else.

Yes. They are so sick. One of my friend it is and she keeps sending me different news of the note 7 exploded just trying to humiliate me.

comcry
I plan to stick around
I also got the second email pushing the date back from Monday to Thursday.

I received my gear fit 2. Looks very nice.

I was at Apple yesterday returning an iPad and the guy working there told me that their iphones have Samsung batteries. I was laughing inside. If this is true, many iPhone haters likely don't know and I'll enjoy the last laugh when they are hating on my Note.

This situation really is a shame for Samsung. I truly believe they've made the best phone of the year. I love my note!! I'd love a free gift but happy for just a new non explosive phone. I feel at a minimum they should let us keep the new cords without returning the old ones. Especially with the new usb-c. I'm finding it challenging to keep my phone charged at all times.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @ZZAKIR

Nope as mine and my gfs Note 7s haven't had issues.. I use Spotify everyday ( mostly for around 8hrs a day), Uber 3-4 times a week and and the phone hasn't froze or lagged on me at all. Again those apps aren't the devices fault. The apps freeze or don't work due to other software issues due to the app it self, not the device. I have had other phones like iPhones and HTC phones which had issues with lagging and apps not working properly.

Again if u feel like the Note 7 you have is causing issues with lagging and other issues, maybe your best root is to change unless u want to try the new device u get. ( Do remember you have 30 days to return the original Note 7 you got fr a full exchange or refund) The Exchanged Note from Samsung voids the return policy from carriers.

phonefan
I plan to stick around
My Note 7 has rarely ever lagged and I use the power saving features but I make sure that I regularly clear my RAM. I have an employee whose sister has had complaints but no one I know who has a Note 7 including myself has it.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @comcry

I agree. The iPhones do indeed use Samsung batteries and even he iPhone 6S does as well.

I got an extra USB Type C cable from Crackberry and use that at wok until they get the Backpack battery case I have ordered. I do agree they should let us keep the original accessories and just send the device back. The device is the reason of the recall so lol.

phonefan
I plan to stick around
@germaine18_2006

It is call get a life...add to block list...

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @phonefan

Thats how you keep a device clean and non lagging. By clearing the apps,clear ur RAM and also make sure not all features are running at once. Even my $4,000 Alienware 17R3 laptop ( with 4K screen) lags when I have so many programs running at once and have alot of things on it. ( Even though it has the highest specs for a laptop). So it will happen but not everyone will have the issue.

ZZAKIR
I plan to stick around
I should've mentioned that I dropped my phone so it is cracked and that mayyyy have something to do with it. And I'm pretty sure they won't refund mine because it has been cracked. Which is kind of annoying since they would just trade the broken one for a new one anyways

germain18_2006
I plan to stick around

@phonefan wrote:
My Note 7 has rarely ever lagged and I use the power saving features but I make sure that I regularly clear my RAM. I have an employee whose sister has had complaints but no one I know who has a Note 7 including myself has it.

Yes. My note 7 works flawlessly so far.  And it's not even hot when charging. Had tried to charge from almost zero percent to 100%, not hot at all.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @ZZAKIR

Then the return policy would not work as its physical damage and isn't covered under warranty and voids the return policy unless they changed it for the Note 7. I know they did for the Note 7s that aren't physically damaged.