Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

In the USA, the Feds have just issued a communication asking all Note 7 owners to power down and cease using these devices immediately
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @wpd1

Yes because they are scared the risk you cause serious problems. ( Blowing up planes, trains and other transit systems). Also if a device explodes in crowd, the police may think it's a bomb and Ywah.
I Plan to Stick Around

Interesting, that I received a text message from Rogers this afternoon:

“Rogers service msg: Our records show you've purchased a Samsung Galaxy Note7. Samsung announced a Canadian Product Exchange for Galaxy Note7 owners in response to reported battery cell issues with the device. For more info on Samsung's Note7 replacement program, visit http://www.samsung.com/ca/news/local/product-exchange-for-the-galaxy-note7

I wish Rogers had of done this 5 or 6 days ago; I hope this is incorporated into a Lesson Learned package for any future such issue.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @ProPatria

Yup we posted that a page or two down :). Yeah most likely. We shall see though.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @wpd1

This is what Transport Canada said..

" Transport Canada is advising air operators, passengers and crew of this safety risk and recommends that Samsung Galaxy Note 7 devices be carried in the cabin, where an incident can be immediately mitigated, and not in checked baggage. Transport Canada also strongly recommends against using or charging these devices in the cabin of an aircraft,” said Transport Canada in a release.

Air Canada and Porter Airlines have both followed guidelines by Transport Canada, noting an alert on their respected websites, “Air Canada advises passengers to follow Transport Canada’s recommendations not to turn on or charge their Samsung Galaxy Note 7 devices on board aircraft, and not to stow them in checked baggage.”
I Plan to Stick Around

@ProPatria wrote:

. . . 

I wish Rogers had of done this 5 or 6 days ago; I hope this is incorporated into a Lesson Learned package for any future such issue.

But, fortunately, we have Meowmix who always gives us the most recent information in this Rogers Community Forum.

Thanks again!

I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix I wasn’t referring to the link Rogers provided, but the fact that they actually sent a message, albeit several days too late. And that is the importance of Lessons Learned – they need to adopt a more proactive stance in managing such issues.
Cheers,

I Plan to Stick Around

I understand what the governments and safety regulations are doing but they may as well as dig a grave for the Note 7 especially for business users. What a global embarrassment for Samsung...hopefully next year they will redesign with replaceable batteries. I am sure the marketing for the next galaxy and Note will have no mention of Note 7 and it will be conveniently "forgotten" which is a shame because it is a great phone. After the recall they better lift these bans and warnings or else V20 or S7 edge it is for me.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @ProPatria

Neither was I! If you look at the last page, some of us had posted that text as well here to show others. The link is a link which i never referred too :). Anyways they made effort. Late effort but they did. Hopefully now if this happens again ( which i hope not) they know what action to take.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @phonefan

Yeah they might as well do that as they keep acting like this will do so much harm yet it's rare it will happen. 43 incidents over millions of them sold. Anyways i see their point though. I do agree Samsung team should redesigned and also test the devices before they are sold.