cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone!!

Once again its the time of the year that Samsung announces their new Note line up. I am happy to announce that Samsung this afternoon announced the Samsung Galaxy Note 7!. The device seem to have amazing specs! Including memory SD card slot, water resistant and most of all, curved screens on both side for the Note Series and Iris scanner!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Samsung Note 7 Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help:)

3,031 REPLIES 3,031

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @deeps

Yes we keep the SD card that came with it as its a gift. They won't provide a new SD card with the replacement as you already have one. The replacement will only be with the device. I haven't been contacted and neither has anyone else it seems.

JeromeM
I plan to stick around
Nothing yet here either, will be interesting to see but I assume it will be a new retail box device and we ship ours back with box etc. If so it will be like a whole new un boxing again and this time it won't be the Rogers store guy breaking the seal and turning her on for the first time lol

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @JeromeM

Lol yes that is true! New beginning and new unboxing without any one else doing it before you!

JeromeM
I plan to stick around
I should find a pre order forum for Tesla Model 3, nothing like 2 years of waiting for a car @Meowmix are you heading one up on another forum? lol

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @JeromeM

Haha no 😛

wpd1
I plan to stick around

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @wpd1

Hopefully Samsung Canada will do something for us. Samsung in India will give things out for free. That's always how it's been. Let's wait and see.

JeromeM
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix

Might be a bit different since for India it seems they hadn't even shipped Note 7's yet and now those that pre-ordered are getting a Gear VR. I don't know if they had previously been offered pre-order incentives and this is extra but if they didn't get the Watch/speaker I could see why they got the Gear VR now.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @JeromeM

Yeah that's fine but the states are getting a $25 credit as well. So in reality we should be offered something similar as well.

germain18_2006
I plan to stick around
I personally don't care if there are anymore compensation . I am already thankful Samsung did the right thing and care for our safety. Look at the Iphone explosion incident, did they recall any phone? They decided to keep quite as possible.
If there are anything inside the box of our new device, I'll considered it a bonus 🙂

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @germain18_2006

Apple doesn't like to recall their products neither does HTC. Samsung took a huge step and won back many by doing this. Losing money yet making it right for all of us!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hey guys!

I just got this email from Samsung Canada

" On behalf of our entire Samsung Canada team, we'd like to thank you for participating in the Canadian Product Exchange for your Galaxy Note7. We are absolutely committed in ensuring the highest level of safety and satisfaction for our customers and we greatly apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

We have received your registration through the Samsung Exchange Process and we anticipate that your device will begin to ship starting as early as Monday, September 12th.

As a valued customer, we appreciate your patience as we work to ensure that you receive your new device as quickly as possible. We remain dedicated to delivering the highest quality of service and it is important that your experience is a seamless as a valued customer. "

Dx9
I'm a reliable contributor
Didn't get a call or anything but just received an emailn from Samsung Canada stating they received my registration etc and my device should be shipped as early as this Monday

Dx9
Your are too quick Meowmix lol

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Dx9

Yup as i posted above as well. I guess they switched over from calling to emailing us instead. So they will start as early as Monday!

Haha i live on the forums, so I am quick haahaaha

dale2
I plan to stick around

No email for me yet, Now i have to worry if i mispelled my email or not. when is this gonna end!!!!!!!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @dale2

Don't worry. The email is most likely fine. My gf submitted her claim a couple hours after I did on yesterday morning. So it seems the ones that submitted theirs early yesterday, got the email and the ones that submitted it later on that day they will get the email tomorrow.

I hope they all get the email!

wpd1
I plan to stick around
Got the email as well. No mention of receiving anything for our troubles. We'll see what comes in the box.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @wpd1

Technically we never had issues as ours didn't catch on fire or have issues. They are only giving out credits and such because they feel customers will complain even if they get a free new replacement. Maybe they will let us keep the accessories from our first ones an just send back the device? Who knows. I hope it's that way thus giving us a extra USB Type C cable lol.

Anyways i see ur point though. Maybe they will surprise us.

Dx9
Yeah that would be great if we just have to send the phone back and nothing else. Would love the keep the wall charger to stay with my Fast Charge Wireless Stand and then keep the other cable and wall adapter for work.

wpd1
I plan to stick around
@Meowmix

Yeah ,don't know if they're just sending the phone , full retail phone packaging with accessories, etc.... Since the imei and serial number is printed on the box, guess we would have to receive a whole new phone in the box?