cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone!!

Once again its the time of the year that Samsung announces their new Note line up. I am happy to announce that Samsung this afternoon announced the Samsung Galaxy Note 7!. The device seem to have amazing specs! Including memory SD card slot, water resistant and most of all, curved screens on both side for the Note Series and Iris scanner!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Samsung Note 7 Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help:)

3,031 REPLIES 3,031

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

JeromeM
I plan to stick around

I would imagine for the iPhone 7 you wouldn't have pre-order promo's like a SD card (of course you wouldn't as it can't be used with iPhone) $200 trade in Credit  and option for a $250 watch/speaker right? Do they offer any promo's usually for pre-ordering iPhone's in the past?

IMHERETOSTAYQc
I plan to stick around
No they don't... But at least we get to keep what we got for the Note 7 lol

wpd1
I plan to stick around

@IMHERETOSTAYQc

Sounds like there's something wrong in your setup. There's no way the 6S would be night and day better that the Note 7. I have had all that Apple has to offer and from an unbiased point of view, the iPhone doesn't out perform the Note 7 ( feature for feature, it doesn't out perform the Note 5 ).

Apple is a solid build with mostly anitiquated hardware that's fueled by excellent software and a very tight eco-system, the latter of which is the reason many flock to Android.

IMHERETOSTAYQc
I plan to stick around
I never talked about features lol just that I never experienced the lag I have on the Note 7 on my old iphone... Never had this problem with my Exynos S7 Edge...

wpd1
I plan to stick around

On the topic of Rogers involvement and handling of the Note 7 Recall, I'm indifferent. Likely because I had no expectation of Rogers in the beginning. I know they are very quick to communicate from a Sales perspective ( e-mails, phone calls, text, etc... ). I don't view Rogers as interested in my well being unless they can make $ doing it. They really have never been, in my eyes and through my experience, concerned with what's best for me. So, in the end, Rogers was consistent in their handling of this situation.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @IMHERETOSTAYQc

There is ur reason why. The Exynos Chipset doesn't lag. Thus why they sold so many S7edge and S7 devices. This one uses snapdragon which is known for this.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @IMHERETOSTAYQc

Incorrect. They do sometimes offer small gifts like a Bluetooth speaker ( iPhone 6 launch). Sometimes they do offer the trade in promo but nothing like Samsung has done. Remember Samsung provided the SD card for the gift and the external gifts came from Samsung.

JeromeM
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix

Yeah I mean, SD card worth maybe what $40, $200 trade in, $250 watch/speaker so $490 worth of stuff on a $550 on contract phone, not bad at all. Of course that doesn't help anyone looking to get a Note 7 now but for those of us that pre-ordered I thought it was pretty compelling.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @JeromeM

No i agree with you. That's why Samsung did it. Because you are paying so much for the phone, they provide you with free gift for pre ordering. That's a good thing that most manufactures do not do.

JeromeM
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix

I think what happens sometimes is once that shiny new thing we've been waiting for arrives and we've played with it some of us look to that next shiny thing we could get lol The only ones that benefit from this are Carriers/Manufacturers. Anyways speaking of shiny new things, I just hope the Gear S3 Frontier LTE will be sold in Canada 🙂

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @JeromeM

Agreed!. I do and the S3 Frontier! I was looking at it and debating if i should get it or keep my Gear S2 lol

comcry
I plan to stick around
I am also looking at switching back to the iPhone but that price though. And no one wants a 32GB (well I don't) . I much prefer the apple watch over android. But the prices are out of hand. And would I have to return my free gift? Plus what happens if you traded in a phone and got a $200 credit. Do they give you your phone back. Lol

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @comcry

The Samsung freebies u would keep but the 64GB memory card u would give back. As for the $200 credit, it would be brought back and the credit would not be valid as u are returning the device

JeromeM
I plan to stick around
@Meowmix

If they already got rid of the phones we traded in I wonder what happens then since some of them were worth something.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @JeromeM

Again that is something the store manager and Back end managers have to figure out.. I wonder if they can transfer the $200 credit towards ur other upgrade.

@IMHERETOSTAYQc wrote:
Oh yeah I understand there was some problems with the Plus but I never mentioned the plus lol it sucks, it does not feel "right" in the hand so if I switch, it's for the 7, it's cheaper 🙂

If you so don't like it, then just return your Note 7 and get the Iphone 7!!! Why stay?

comcry
I plan to stick around

I wouldn't benefit from a credit as I purchased directly from Samsung.  It would be interesting to hear what they are doing with the device/credits; however, I just watched the apple keynote and I am not impressed and therefore, will not be finding out.  I just submitted my request to Samsung.  I think they launched a return program.  Has anyone signed up.  They let you keep your phone until they send you a replacement phone.

https://canadanote7exchange.expertinquiry.com

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @comcry

Yes we posted that this morning on page 136. Most of us on here have submitted our request and it said they will contact you within 48hrs after u file the request. They will let u keep the phone until they ship the new one and I believe ( speaking to a Samsung Canada regional manager) the you have 10 days to ship back the old one from the date u receive the new one ( new replacement).

comcry
I plan to stick around
oops missed that sorry and thank you

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @comcry

No worries! Don't be sorry!

deeps
I've been here awhile

Has anyone been contacted back by Samsung after filling out the exchange form? I am assuming we would hold onto the sd card, in case they do not provide one in the new box.