cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone!!

Once again its the time of the year that Samsung announces their new Note line up. I am happy to announce that Samsung this afternoon announced the Samsung Galaxy Note 7!. The device seem to have amazing specs! Including memory SD card slot, water resistant and most of all, curved screens on both side for the Note Series and Iris scanner!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Samsung Note 7 Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help:)

3,031 REPLIES 3,031

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

JeromeM
I plan to stick around

@ProPatria and @Meowmix

I certainly see it both ways, Rogers as our Carrier and who we bought the Note 7's from should have 100% sent out communication to us that there could be an issue with the Note 7 and that more information would come. Wether by txt or email this should have happened right away, that is a no brainer even if they didn't have all the pieces just to let us know.

Rogers did offer for anyone that wanted to bring the Note 7 back and exchange for a different device or return that they could do so before anything official from Samsung so that was good.

The mis-information from Rogers HQ to the Dealers or Samsung->Rogers HQ->Dealers has not been good and I certainly think they are both at fault (Rogers and Samsung).

Has it been made clear now, if someone goes to the Rogers Store to exchange their Note 7 for a replacement Note 7 would they direct people to the Samsung Website that's been posted to exchange the phone directly or are they still saying it's a battery replacement?

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @JeromeM

That is correct. As for the last part again as I said it all depends if management will tell their reps to say that. I told a few Facebook Rogers reps this morning about it and let customers know

JeromeM
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix

I think on Android Forums someone was saying they rather deal with Rogers for the exchange rather than Samsung because Rogers had the Note 7's first and those who ordered direct from Samsung were delayed. I assumed that for all carriers if you are just looking to get a replacement everyone would go direct to Samsung....I dunno though.

dale2
I plan to stick around
Coming from bell I can tell you like @meomix says store reps are hit and miss just gotta find a good one who is willing to go the extra mile or even the required mile and get the information. I am actually pretty happy with Rogers customer service in my short time here even though I've had some bad experiences I've had surprisingly good ones too.

germain18_2006
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @ProPatria

Agreed but how do think it could be handled? Rogers does send out emails to the store managers. Now it's the store managers which fail to communicate to the reps about this or even follow through.. That's what is happening it. Rogers head office does what it does and all depends on the store managers to relay the message out.

From the beginning of the recall incident till today, I did not receive a single phone call/message/email regarding the issue from Rogers.  Everything has to be find out by ourselves.  The comments from my personal experience to Rogers is they care zero about our safety but only cares about where to get more of our money.  

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @germain18_2006

Neither did anyone at Bell or Telus got a phone call or a message explaining this. So it's all carriers I am afraid that are doing this. They should have done that but then they would be emailing / calling "texting people that don't have the phone and they would complain.

ProPatria
I plan to stick around
This is not an impossible situation for Rogers, nor is it an extraordinarily challenging one. There focus should be entirely on customer support and coordination with Samsung to ensure a smooth transition of information at all levels and specifically towards customers awareness.

You are implying that the fault lies at the store/manager level. I see that as a deflection of responsibility and a plane old poor excuse. If HQ is passing info along and managers are confused, unsure how to proceed or apply the info to customers and/or are simply ignoring procedural direction, then Rogers has a whole other concern to deal with.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @ProPatria

I do blame Rogers not sending out emails or texts to customers YES but at the same time they would have spammed the millions of users which didn't get it. Most likely why they didn't do that but I do agree they should have. Now again nothing can happen now. You can go onto the link we posted and follow it with Samsung and get a new replacement from them

JeromeM
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix

There is for sure a way for them to send out something to JUST the people who got the Note 7's. If they can target those who bought the Note 7 but didn't buy Device Protection they can target those who bought the Note 7's.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @JeromeM

I guess that is possible but failed to do it. Seems like all carriers were instructed not to call, email or text customers this information. Bell rep said the same. They only posted the information not anything else.

JeromeM
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix

Yeah it's an extremely weird way of handling it IMHO but what's done is done 🙂

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @JeromeM

I agree with u. Now since Samsung came out with the solution, we can stay calm and just wait until they ship us the device!

JeromeM
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix

Or return and pre-order iPhone 7 Plus....watching the launch....I've never really been excited about iPhone and never owned one but it looks pretty sweet.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @JeromeM

Don't man. Mistake u will make leaving from the Note to the iPhone 7 Plus. Believe me i have owned all the iPhones before. Lol

IMHERETOSTAYQc
I plan to stick around

I'm in the same boat... Looking at a switch back. I get lag when writing on the Note and also, it often send my texts twice which is annoying to know...

Kake777
I plan to stick around

I hear that! I want my coral blue...took me forever to wait for it. They better give me the same colour.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @IMHERETOSTAYQc

That is your choice but be prepared to spend more on the new iPhone 7 with less features. The lag is normal on most devices and even found on iPhones as well.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Kake777

They will.. That's why they are asking for the IMEI number as well. The IMEI number gives them all the information of the device including the color.

IMHERETOSTAYQc
I plan to stick around
Lol yeah but never this bad when typing on an ios device. Had a 6s before and it's night and day. And the iphone is cheaper than the Note 7... Did a hard reset, will see if the lags comes back!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @IMHERETOSTAYQc

Again it all depends. On thr iPhone 6S Plus I had similar issues and so did some others too.

Actually you are incorrect about the pricing. The pricing of a iPhone 6S Plus 128GB model was 599 at launch vs the Note 7 at $549. Also the outright price of the iPhone 7 Plus ( 7 does not count as its not the same display) is more. Mobilesyrup posted the cost of $1,309 just for the iPhone 7 Plus 256GB.

IMHERETOSTAYQc
I plan to stick around
Oh yeah I understand there was some problems with the Plus but I never mentioned the plus lol it sucks, it does not feel "right" in the hand so if I switch, it's for the 7, it's cheaper 🙂