Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

I'm afraid that it not necessarily correct. I can appreciate the need to get valid direction from Samsung; however, other carriers have taken a proactive approach as well as providing their customers with readily available information - or adopted a stance in customer support themselves.

If Rogers has promulgated information/direction to their stores, then there is clearly a disconnect, and far too much misinformation.

Failure to take any action is unacceptable management, and simply stating that they are waiting on Samsung, demonstrates poor leadership and decision making processes overall. Again, other carriers seem to be handling this much better.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Datalink

Thanks for the post. Although it was posted in the last two pages as well this morning Smiley Happy
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @ProPatria

Agreed but how do think it could be handled? Rogers does send out emails to the store managers. Now it's the store managers which fail to communicate to the reps about this or even follow through.. That's what is happening it. Rogers head office does what it does and all depends on the store managers to relay the message out.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @germain18_2006

They won't. The IMEI number you send them has the color information and all. So you will be fine
I Plan to Stick Around

@ProPatria and @Meowmix

I certainly see it both ways, Rogers as our Carrier and who we bought the Note 7's from should have 100% sent out communication to us that there could be an issue with the Note 7 and that more information would come. Wether by txt or email this should have happened right away, that is a no brainer even if they didn't have all the pieces just to let us know.

Rogers did offer for anyone that wanted to bring the Note 7 back and exchange for a different device or return that they could do so before anything official from Samsung so that was good.

The mis-information from Rogers HQ to the Dealers or Samsung->Rogers HQ->Dealers has not been good and I certainly think they are both at fault (Rogers and Samsung).

Has it been made clear now, if someone goes to the Rogers Store to exchange their Note 7 for a replacement Note 7 would they direct people to the Samsung Website that's been posted to exchange the phone directly or are they still saying it's a battery replacement?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @JeromeM

That is correct. As for the last part again as I said it all depends if management will tell their reps to say that. I told a few Facebook Rogers reps this morning about it and let customers know
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix

I think on Android Forums someone was saying they rather deal with Rogers for the exchange rather than Samsung because Rogers had the Note 7's first and those who ordered direct from Samsung were delayed. I assumed that for all carriers if you are just looking to get a replacement everyone would go direct to Samsung....I dunno though.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Coming from bell I can tell you like @meomix says store reps are hit and miss just gotta find a good one who is willing to go the extra mile or even the required mile and get the information. I am actually pretty happy with Rogers customer service in my short time here even though I've had some bad experiences I've had surprisingly good ones too.
I Plan to Stick Around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @ProPatria

Agreed but how do think it could be handled? Rogers does send out emails to the store managers. Now it's the store managers which fail to communicate to the reps about this or even follow through.. That's what is happening it. Rogers head office does what it does and all depends on the store managers to relay the message out.

From the beginning of the recall incident till today, I did not receive a single phone call/message/email regarding the issue from Rogers.  Everything has to be find out by ourselves.  The comments from my personal experience to Rogers is they care zero about our safety but only cares about where to get more of our money.  

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @germain18_2006

Neither did anyone at Bell or Telus got a phone call or a message explaining this. So it's all carriers I am afraid that are doing this. They should have done that but then they would be emailing / calling "texting people that don't have the phone and they would complain.