cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone!!

Once again its the time of the year that Samsung announces their new Note line up. I am happy to announce that Samsung this afternoon announced the Samsung Galaxy Note 7!. The device seem to have amazing specs! Including memory SD card slot, water resistant and most of all, curved screens on both side for the Note Series and Iris scanner!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Samsung Note 7 Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help:)

3,031 REPLIES 3,031

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @phonefan

RogersRoland and I have posted that information as well. Same thing as what the rep told you. So it was posted but not in detail. This is the same that all carriers around the world are doing including the Canadian ones.

The stores are saying different as its lack of information and also they don't seem to get the emails down to them. They seem to be getting the information slowly.

Dx9
I'm a reliable contributor
After watching the launch of the LG V20 I'll def be keeping my Note 7. Presentation was very underwhelming. Probably the only phone I was interested in if I gave up on the Note after the recall stuff. All Note for me.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Dx9

Yeah i seen it and not so good for me. Now everyone's eye's are on Apple tomorrow for the Apple announcement but again I am pretty sure that nothing exciting will happen lol.

germain18_2006
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @Dx9

Yeah i seen it and not so good for me. Now everyone's eye's are on Apple tomorrow for the Apple announcement but again I am pretty sure that nothing exciting will happen lol.

I received a phone call today, a call display shown Roger Wireless, so I picked up fast thought it's about my Note 7 recall.

Then the rep start yapping about we know you just have a new device and hope you like it and lets talk about our plan and some protection plan...I stopped him and said should u be talking about the recall plan of my Note 7 than other things, I asked him if he knows anything about the recall and obviously he's not.  Then he paused and told me to wait and talked to the superviser.  When he returned, he told me I must take the phone in person to where I got the phone from and do the exchange anytime I want.  Then I asked him, are you sure? As far as I know there are no replacement device ready for us to change, then he paused again and talked to the superviser and comes back.  And told me the same thing and 100% sure I can start doing any time I want.  Then I said can I complaint if I go to the Roger Plus/Store and found that your info is inaccurate and wasted my time. He said ..."Certainly" than hang up.  

Besides, Meowmix, Iphone is not doing any good either. It has history of explode as well but did they recall any phones....no..:(

https://youtu.be/6fFRLgZ6FHI

phonefan
I plan to stick around

Rogers customer service is pretty atrocious. I once had to point out to a customer rep their own website about a plan when the rep denied that it even existed :/. I am not sure what their training consists of or if most of them are simply part-time workers who know they are not going to make a career out of it so they don't care. However, there are a few who really do care about doing a good job which is my experience today with the live chat rep.

Rogers should have a team in place for such situations if they do not already because customers appreciate a proactive approach. I know they might be waiting for Samsung Canada to officially give them direction but they should at least communicate to their customers better about the situation and provide updates. Right now it looks like customers have to dig for information. Samsung Canada better step it up too because they are days late compared to their counterparts. Heck, Samsung Singapore has an entire FAQ up: http://www.samsung.com/sg/note7exchange/  But I give Samsung credit for taking the financial hit for this debacle but you would think that they would be able to isolate the manufacturing batches that have the defective battery instead of doing a mass recall or is the defect much more prevalent than what they announced....

@Meowmix and @Dx9 gotta agree with the V20 sentiment. Great multimedia phone but Note 7 is clearly the better all around phone. Would have seriously consider it if they gave a 4000 mAh battery and up the megapixel for the rear wide angle lens. V20 still a multimedia beast though with a removable battery design (take notice Samsung who cares about glass back seriously) and this battery debacle will shift some if not a lot of the market. For me don't care about the IPhone 7, itunes and IOS kill it for me even though the hardware is pretty good.

dale2
I plan to stick around
Actually samsung has the better hardware, iOS is the only reason iPhones have a smooth interface and they somewhat withstand the test of time. If samsung got its stuff together and invested some real money and effort into touchhwiz or tizen whichever its called they would beat apple out the water.
I think iOS with its closed system and minimal app integration is what makes it performed so well. But personally I enjoy the flexibility of Android you can just do so much more with the phone which comes at a cost....

phonefan
I plan to stick around

Agreed @dale2 but I wasn't comparing Apple's hardware to Samsung. Rather I was making a comment about the general perspective of Apple's hardware. Ultimately performance is determined by how efficiently the hardware is applied to the software you are running and Apple is leaders in that category (although part of that has to do with their tightly controlled environment). Also, Apple is still seen as hardware innovators even though their processor does not clock faster than other brands or they don't stuff their phones with RAM but seriously performance wise I have seen IPhones dust Android phones but it is comparing apples to oranges.

Crazy enough, I actually like Touchwiz (since the S3) with all its features (other than its current RAM management) and never found the occassional lag too bothersome.

dale2
I plan to stick around
Wow s3 you have Zen like patience .lol

angelop
I plan to stick around

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hey guys

Here is more information from Samsung on how the process will happen.

" The Canadian Product Exchange will offer consumers the following choices:

1. Exchange current Galaxy Note7 device with a new Galaxy Note7
2. Exchange current Galaxy Note7 for a Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7edge through the carrier or retail outlet where they purchased their device

To register for a Galaxy Note7 Exchange, owners should visit: CanadaNote7exchange.expertinquiry.com to initiate the Galaxy Note7 product exchange.

Consumers experiencing any issues with their online registration can call 1-800-517-3507 to resolve any other questions or concerns."

http://www.samsung.com/ca/news/local/product-exchange-for-the-galaxy-note7

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @angelop

We both posted that the same time lol

Dx9
Wonder if I should just get it sent to the Rogers store or my house.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Dx9

I am sending mine at my house. Better that way for me as then I can transfer everything all at once at the easy of my home instead at the Rogers store.

Dx9
Good point. Sent to my house also

Japetto
I plan to stick around

Perfect. Registered my swap this morning. This is the right way to do it. Preferred not having to go through Roger's plus it's a lot of mess on their end

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Dx9

At the Rogers store there is to many people and also you can hold on to the existing device for another day until u transfer everything. That's why i suggest to you and eveyone to have the Note 7 replacement sent to their homes.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @Japetto

Exactly. I am glad I found this from Samsung this morning and was able to help you guys out! 🙂

What i want to know is when does the warranty start for the new one and how will Rogers do this? @RogersRonald or @RogersDarrell or any MOD are we able to get some clarification on this? So we get our new Note 7 straight from Samsung from the recall. Does the warranty start for the new one the day we get it with ur protection? Also do we have to call in and change the IMEI for warranty purposes?

germain18_2006
I plan to stick around

I'm glad Samsung had implement this method as expected so the recall become seamlessly. Samsung you'd win us back. I agreed, won't go through Roger Plus or Retails unless you don't want to see your phone..lol

This is the notice after you had submitted your recall registration:

Thank you for your registration.

Please save this confirmation number for reference: XXXXXXXXX

A replacement device will be shipped with a pre-paid waybill for you to send back your existing device. By participating in this program you will need to return your current Note7 upon delivery of your new device.

You will be contacted by a Samsung representative within 48 hours.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @germain18_2006

Exactly and yes while it took them a couple of days to get this rolling, this seems the best way to do it!

germain18_2006
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @germain18_2006

Exactly and yes while it took them a couple of days to get this rolling, this seems the best way to do it!

It's better to delay than not doing it right the first time. 

Now Samsung had win me back big time 😄

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @germain18_2006

Exactly! I did the form online and got the same email. They will contact you within 48hrs I guess to ask you questions like carrier wise or something else lol