Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hey guys

Here is more information from Samsung on how the process will happen.

" The Canadian Product Exchange will offer consumers the following choices:

1. Exchange current Galaxy Note7 device with a new Galaxy Note7
2. Exchange current Galaxy Note7 for a Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7edge through the carrier or retail outlet where they purchased their device

To register for a Galaxy Note7 Exchange, owners should visit: CanadaNote7exchange.expertinquiry.com to initiate the Galaxy Note7 product exchange.

Consumers experiencing any issues with their online registration can call 1-800-517-3507 to resolve any other questions or concerns."

http://www.samsung.com/ca/news/local/product-exchange-for-the-galaxy-note7
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @angelop

We both posted that the same time lol
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Wonder if I should just get it sent to the Rogers store or my house.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Dx9

I am sending mine at my house. Better that way for me as then I can transfer everything all at once at the easy of my home instead at the Rogers store.
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Good point. Sent to my house also
I Plan to Stick Around

Perfect. Registered my swap this morning. This is the right way to do it. Preferred not having to go through Roger's plus it's a lot of mess on their end

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Dx9

At the Rogers store there is to many people and also you can hold on to the existing device for another day until u transfer everything. That's why i suggest to you and eveyone to have the Note 7 replacement sent to their homes.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @Japetto

Exactly. I am glad I found this from Samsung this morning and was able to help you guys out! Smiley Happy

What i want to know is when does the warranty start for the new one and how will Rogers do this? @RogersRonald or @RogersDarrell or any MOD are we able to get some clarification on this? So we get our new Note 7 straight from Samsung from the recall. Does the warranty start for the new one the day we get it with ur protection? Also do we have to call in and change the IMEI for warranty purposes?
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm glad Samsung had implement this method as expected so the recall become seamlessly. Samsung you'd win us back. I agreed, won't go through Roger Plus or Retails unless you don't want to see your phone..lol

This is the notice after you had submitted your recall registration:

Thank you for your registration.

Please save this confirmation number for reference: XXXXXXXXX

A replacement device will be shipped with a pre-paid waybill for you to send back your existing device. By participating in this program you will need to return your current Note7 upon delivery of your new device.

You will be contacted by a Samsung representative within 48 hours.